PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how rupertbare is getting on?

julie
Apr 22, 2006, 5:54 PM
It seems very quiet on the rupertbear front lately..

his last post, regards the Christian group he was trying to set up, seemed to suggest that life really wasn't getting any easier for him...

if you see this rupe.. just remember, out of sight doesn't mean out of mind..

Julie (aka nubiwoman)

Sparks
Apr 23, 2006, 1:48 AM
Julie,
My care and concern is shared with you. Rupe, wherever you are, take good care.

Fred

BI BOYTOY
Apr 23, 2006, 3:02 AM
i would like to share my concerns also: i have not heard from him since the church group thing eather.im getting afull cureius. if rupert sees thies notes please tell us how you are doing.

Mrs.F
Apr 23, 2006, 7:31 AM
I've heard nothing from Rupe either. He had sent me a message stateing I was to watch over "macylyn" for him and he would be gone awhile. And I know that macylyn has not heard from him either. :(

Rupe..wherever you are, know we are thinking about you and wish you only the best. I hope things are ok family wise and all. :angel:

Thanks for starting this Julie...I have been wondering everyday when I get on if he's been lurking and not speaking but I guess not. :rolleyes:

Mrs.F :)

texasman6172003
Apr 23, 2006, 9:16 AM
Hi Julie, I to had wonderd bout Rupe. Please know Rupe as Mrs F said we are all with you in spirit.

MotherGoose
Apr 23, 2006, 10:46 AM
Well, I thought that if he would contact anyone at all, I would be the one to at least hear SOMETHING! I haven't heard at all from him. I have written several pms', but all have remained unread.

I have been worried sick about him, but living so far away, have been clueless as to what might be going on. He told me the last time we talked that he had a couple possibilites on housing, and that's the last I heard from him. He told me not to worry, that he probably wouldn't be on site for a while, but I can't help but worry.

Rupe, my love, if you somehow get a chance to read this, PLEASE let me know, or ANY of the site members know that you're ok! We do love you!

With my love to you, Macy

arana
Apr 23, 2006, 2:58 PM
((((((((((( Macy ))))))))))))) hope you're holding up ok. I'm sure he'll get in touch with you as soon as possible. Do you have contact with Proud Daughter and is he keeping her informed of his situation?

I hope everything is ok and he'll let someone know soon. It's a very helpless feeling not having access to those you care about.

rupert bears wife
Apr 23, 2006, 4:43 PM
hello to you all this is ruperts wife seeing as you are all so concerned about my husband i thought i would fill you in on where he is.
he is very unwell in a hospital suffering from servere depression and will be there for some time
thank you all for your support but he really needs to get back into the real world for his children,to meet real people and have a happy life off the internet.I am sure he will though no doubt be back to you guys as soon as possible but till then...................

rupert bears wife
Apr 23, 2006, 5:13 PM
sorry if the last post sounded harsh it was not meant to be i know you have all been a great support to my husband but he is very unwell and his head needs a rest from all things and while in hospital he will get that. I just ask you guys when he comes back treat him gently as i am sure you will.He is in 'the best possible place' as his mum quoted me when i spoke to her and you cant argue with mums eh ?? He will be ok and his life is on the mend.

codybear3
Apr 23, 2006, 5:15 PM
Thank you for the update... :paw: :paw:

julie
Apr 23, 2006, 6:07 PM
hello to you all this is ruperts wife seeing as you are all so concerned about my husband i thought i would fill you in on where he is.
he is very unwell in a hospital suffering from servere depression and will be there for some time
thank you all for your support but he really needs to get back into the real world for his children,to meet real people and have a happy life off the internet.I am sure he will though no doubt be back to you guys as soon as possible but till then...................

thank you, rupert bears wife,

i for one really appreciate you taking the time to update us.. and am very relieved to hear Ron is in hospital. Lets hope he gets the appropriate care and attention he needs and deserves right now.

I do hear what you say about Ron needing to ground himself and have a life in the real world with three dimensional people.. and largely support your sentiments here.. however,..to imply that the people in this community who care very deeply for Ron are somehow less than' real' appears to undermine the very valid support and friendship he accessed and grounded himself in when he felt his whole world was caving in around him.

My personal experience of Ron is of a very intelligent, resourceful man who displayed a very human need to be accepted as a whole person... and part of that wholeness is in his being bisexual... he has always been very clear about his love and devotion to you and the children and just valued the opportunity here to speak openly about a part of him that is, at best, missunderstood in his 'real' world.

We only know Rons perspective of course and i appreciate that your version of events remains untold. So, i want you to know, at least in my and my close friend tom_uk's friendship with Ron we have never become bogged down in 'story' but rather just supported a friend as he deals with the fallout of his broken marriage.. just as friends supported us when our own marriages broke down...

I wish you well ... and hope you and Ron can find some way forward from here.

Julie.

Long Duck Dong
Apr 23, 2006, 6:33 PM
hugs to rupes and rupes wife

its good to know that rupes in a safe place ....well hospitial is the not the best place to be, but its a damm sight safer than being on the streets lol

I concur with julie in the sense that yes, sometimes we need to be out in the real world as it helps ground us and keep our feet on the ground and in touch with reality

sadly, tho.....as with a lot of us in here.... there is not really a family atomsphere in the real world for us... and in this site... we are safe, protected loved....and yeah occasionally scolded.....but its fun, and enjoyable

its a bit like a way of giving a long distance hug, face to face.... in the real world, thats a lil differcult to do at times

but putting that aside.... rupes wife, you deserve a hug too, for your caring and considerate nature and helping put a lot of troubled and worried minds and hearts at rest

:grouphug:

MotherGoose
Apr 23, 2006, 7:11 PM
Thank you Rupert Bears Wife. As long as we know he is safe and getting the help he needs, that's all that is important. I, for one, appreciate you letting us know.

Macy

rupert bears wife
Apr 24, 2006, 6:31 AM
i am sorry if i offended anyone by saying 'real people' it is just that you are all many many miles away and i do know that ron needs a person to hold him and take care of him. he is a lovely man, i agree . but we have had our marital/personal differences and all is lost.
maybe one day we can be friends but not now, my main concern is for the children and their well being and they are now having conselling and the future will be brighter for them and for all , but it has to be very very slowly, for all concerened or it will be a disaster.
so i do appologise to rons friends and again thank you all for your support for him

Mrs.F
Apr 24, 2006, 8:04 AM
All we want is the very best for Ron. He is a lovely man and so full of love! I wish him well and my prayers for the children as they deal with all this. Thank you for letting us know.

Mrs.F :)

Long Duck Dong
Apr 24, 2006, 9:44 AM
lol hugs rupes wife ...lol

ok, we know rupe is ok... now what about you....are you ok ????.... thats important too

cyber hugs are nice... but it doesn't beat the real thing and if i was there now with you and rupe, I would give you both a big hug.....

ps, I am not offended by the term * real people * cos its true....rupe needs people he can talk with without having to get on a computer... there is not true substiute for the real deal

proud daughter
Apr 24, 2006, 1:33 PM
hey everyone
sorry was planning on keeping you all updated but my mum got there first!!

thanks mummy for doing it for me. it took alot i know. love you loads!!!

thanks to everyone for their concern about rupe. but as mum says hes doing alright, and is in the best place.

sorry you all got so worried!!

PD x

julie
Apr 24, 2006, 2:18 PM
hey PD and Mrs Rupe...

......you have both gone way out of your way to keep us, Rons cyber buddies, in the picture during these harrowing times for all of you...

My mum always says 'actions speak louder than words'..

..and your actions, by coming here and letting us know that Ron is safe now and being cared for, have spoken volumes to me. Thank you so much for validating us as real people and dignifying our unique connections with your husband, Mrs Rupe, and your Daddy Proud Daughter.. I feel deeply moved by your kindness in doing this when you could have so easily and justifiably just walked away.

.. I suspect we all (the community) know Ron just needs to be still now and allow his tormented mind to heal and be healed. And will respect the time and space he will need to acheive that...

..With much respect and compassion to you both and dear sweet Ron

love Julie x

mistymockingbird
Apr 27, 2006, 10:29 PM
Just adding my long distance well wishes to Rupe, Macy, Proud Daughter, and Rupe's wife. I know its hard for all of you in your own ways. I had only just begun a friendship with Ron, but he is quite fabulous in my opinion and I desperately hope that he finds his way back to a happy healthy place.

rupertbare
Apr 30, 2006, 5:13 AM
(((((((((Welcome Rupe's Wife!!!!!!!!!))))))))))))))

Well fu*k me!!!!!!!

I NEVER thought I'd see you on here!!!!!

But I am so glad you have joined.......always feel able and free to PM me regarding the kids etc.

With love

Rupe :)
PS: new thread up "Message from Pluto" for an update on my current situation.

catdog
Apr 30, 2006, 3:48 PM
I just would like to say i think it's wonderful that so many have concerns for this guy. However, after reading many of the concerns and the one person who would have at least thought to have heard from him and has not.....speaks volumes.

Everyone must be "CAUTIOUS" with regards to who and what they think about that individual on line. DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING!
Its very easy to get caught up in the moment, the chat, the good stuff that is coming your way in cyber. What may seem to be ... infact..may not be!

DECEPTION is HUGE on the internet and you only have this guys story to base your thoughts on. You don't know whats really going on and that's where my concern is. All this love, concerns, wonder etc. is based on this cyber site (NOT REAL) CRIME is the #1 concern on the internet and i have to wonder how stable this guy actually was to begin with. His story raised a red flag with me.

All i want to say is "BE VERY CAREFUL on the NET" LOTS of FAKES out there!

meteast chick
Apr 30, 2006, 5:27 PM
Ron, this thread so go out as an attestment to how much you are loved, with your estranged wife, daughter, and so many other friends.

We love you my friend,
luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxo
meteast

julie
Apr 30, 2006, 6:41 PM
I just would like to say i think it's wonderful that so many have concerns for this guy. However, after reading many of the concerns and the one person who would have at least thought to have heard from him and has not.....speaks volumes.

Everyone must be "CAUTIOUS" with regards to who and what they think about that individual on line. DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING!
Its very easy to get caught up in the moment, the chat, the good stuff that is coming your way in cyber. What may seem to be ... infact..may not be!

DECEPTION is HUGE on the internet and you only have this guys story to base your thoughts on. You don't know whats really going on and that's where my concern is. All this love, concerns, wonder etc. is based on this cyber site (NOT REAL) CRIME is the #1 concern on the internet and i have to wonder how stable this guy actually was to begin with. His story raised a red flag with me.

I do hear what you are saying CATDOG and though my first response to your post was a hostile and defensive one.... i have to concede that its always good to review situations with fresh eyes

That said... as some of us have spent time with rupertbare in 'real life' and RBs family have been putting their :2cents: in.. If this is a scam dreamed up by RB.. its a bloody good one! Plus.. as we as a community are pretty close knit as well as incredibly diverse... and 'gossip' for want of a politer expression is as rife here as in any other community.. i think alarm bells would have rang if RB was embroiled in some elaborate hoax... as they have in the past when members have turned out to be not all that they seem.

thanks though for voicing your concerns CATDOG.. your post was thought provoking ....

:cool:

julie

rupertbare
May 1, 2006, 6:07 AM

i have to wonder how stable this guy actually was to begin with. His story raised a red flag with me.

Well, Hi Catdog,

Your concerns are well made but you only joined the site in February and I have now celebrated my first birthday on this site!!! lol!!!

So many folk here already knew me fairly well and I have never hidden my past, I have been an alcoholic (dry 14 years plus) and bouts of depression have haunted me since the age of 14.

I have actually met two people from this site in "real" life and one is known to another dear friend on this site .....so I guess I'm really as I portray myself in my "Public Profile" rofl!!!

Also, Macylyn and I have spent several hours now talking on the telephone and I have briefly spoken with Mrs.F, again I suspect if you ask them you'll find I am as I appear on site!!! lol!!! I just try and be me here.....maybe more so.....I may hold back a bit more in "real" life!!! lol!!!!

I left the site suddenly, in great despair and with the very REAL intention of killing myself.........most of it was the recent "reactive" depression caused by the breakdown of my marriage over Christmas and having no contact with my youngest children. I can understand that you may well think that I am both Proud Daughter and Rupe's Wife......but I am unwell.......NOT crazy!!! lol!!! I have upset a coupla very special people to me on this site by this "disappearance" and PD was not able to post up earlier and you were correct to wonder if I was at all genuine......but better silence than a last PM or post saying that I am now off to kill myself, "sorry".......I am in the best place for now....in fact bed space is so short I should be dis-charged within the next two weeks.

Most people up until December would have been able to assure you that I was one of the "good guys" on the Net, and stable......this is a mental illness that comes and goes and is normally very driven by life's sad events. So yeas, at this moment in time I am extremely unstable...but this is not a continuous problem for me...it is not like a psychotic or schizophrenic condition...and there are PLENTY of them on my ward.....wonderfully known as "Area Two"......just great for the paranoids lol!!!

So thanks for expressing your concerns.....I will just suggest that you check my profile and use the link to follow my posts over the last twelve months...maybe it will give you a better picture of who this person "Rupe" is.

With love and peace to you and yours

Rupe, London, UK

rupert bears wife
May 1, 2006, 6:54 AM
catdog i was suprised to read your post but i do understand your doubt !! but let me assure you on behalf of myself and the children that ron is very unwell and deserves all the support he can get at this moment in time. He has made a lot of dear friends here over the last year and they have helped him through the last few months where I could not because of personal reasons. It is always nice to have a friend to talk to be it in person or on line ,at least it lets you know someone cares ,so please let ron find some support from his friends without anyone dropping a spanner in the works. Again thanks to all of you for supporting ron.

Driver 8
May 1, 2006, 8:42 AM
RBs family have been putting their :2cents: in.. If this is a scam dreamed up by RB.. its a bloody good one!
I've been an admin on other forums, and it's not unheard-of for a hoaxer to create additional accounts to enhance their credibility - not realizing that there's identifying information (such as cookies) that shows that all the accounts are coming from the same computer.

Here's one famous case (http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/kaycee.html) of an online hoaxer who fooled a lot of people - you can Google her name if you want even more information on the case.

Personally I do believe Rupe is who he says he is, but it never hurts to say "Why do I believe this?" when someone online is asking you to invest time, money, or even sympathy.

julie
May 1, 2006, 7:04 PM
Hey Ron...

dont let this play on your mind in the small wee hours.. we know you are the real deal.. who could ever make up a story like yours eh :rolleyes:

you are a very precious member of this community.. and of course your story and character stands up to scutiny, how else could we all hold you in such affection?

you just concentrate on getting well Ron..

and dont worry about having to prove who you are.. you beat tom_uk at backgammon remember.. he's still smarting from the experience ;)

hugs hun xxx julie :female:

julie
May 10, 2006, 8:15 AM
For those who are wondering ....

the latest update on Ron is that he is still in hospital..... experiencing some pretty unpleasant symptoms as he continues his 'its likely to get worse before it gets better' journey to wellness..

it seems unlikely( but who knows eh?) that he will be able to join us online for the short term at least...

hang in there Ron yeah

love Julie xx

arana
May 10, 2006, 3:50 PM
Thank you for keeping us posted Julie, that's very kind of you. I've been worried about poor Ron and glad he's getting help. If you are able to get any word to him, please let him know we think of him often and want him to get well very soon. He's not alone, he only needs to close his eyes and feel us out here cheering him on. Let him know he is missed.

jennessex
May 10, 2006, 6:39 PM
Thanx goes out to you Julie for keeping up posted. I haven't been here all that much lately myself, but when I when I do come on, he was one of the people I looked forward to chatting with!

Ron, just hang in there, things always have a way of working out. Continue to seek the treatment that is needed, because depression can be very serious. I know, I suffered with it myself. It's not a story I wish to share on here right now, for this about Ron.

Just keep your head up and know your in our thoughts and prayers.

Your friend

Jen

julie
May 10, 2006, 6:57 PM
one of us is hoping to get to visit him sooner rather than later... and will pass on your messages for Ron xx

proud daughter
May 11, 2006, 2:49 PM
hi all
just thought id keep you informed. dad recieved a card from 2 members on the site which said that they were concerned about him as he wasnt on site.
he did say he would only be here if and when he could be.
while he is aloud out of hospital he doesnt feel ready to come back on site just yet. im sure he will be back when he is good and ready.
thanks for all you concern and support.
PD x

jedinudist
May 11, 2006, 3:37 PM
Thank you Proud Daughter

onewhocares
May 11, 2006, 9:13 PM
Ron,

Just wanted to let you know that Bill and I are glad that you are in a good place and getting help. I know that it is a very hard and heart wrenching.

And just FYI I have been one of the lucky few who have been in contact with Proud Daughter and Macylyn. They deserve our thoughts and feelings too.

Belle