PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, those are some sexy watches!!

12voltman59
Dec 20, 2010, 7:40 PM
Man---a link for this 2010 calendar was up on Facebook.

I do love these watches---but holy cow----sure do like this calender--eye candy for one and all!!!

http://www.invictawatch.com/invicta/catalogs

Check out the hot vid this link takes you to: http://www.invictawatch.com/invicta/home

jem_is_bi
Dec 20, 2010, 11:37 PM
Where is my cellphone?
I can't find my cellphone!
Can you tell me what time is it?

Doggiestyle
Dec 21, 2010, 7:05 PM
Where is my cellphone?
I can't find my cellphone!
Can you tell me what time is it?

:bigrin: Uh why yes Jem,,,,,,,,Perhaps it's time to buy a watch? :bigrin:

I just had to say that, could not help or stop myself. :rolleyes:

Your friend, :doggie:

codybear3
Dec 21, 2010, 8:32 PM
:bigrin: Uh why yes Jem,,,,,,,,Perhaps it's time to buy a watch? :bigrin:

I just had to say that, could not help or stop myself. :rolleyes:

Your friend, :doggie:

Um, Perfect timing?!?!?:bigrin::paw::paw:

Annika L
Dec 21, 2010, 9:38 PM
Um, Perfect timing?!?!?:bigrin::paw::paw:

Hey! Watch it! :tong:

jem_is_bi
Dec 22, 2010, 12:51 AM
I was born in 1947.
I remember when there was no commercial jet aviation.
I remember when the junk trash picker-man used a horse and cart to make a living.
I remember before Television (my TV is from 1980).
I remember making art in grade school to celebrate 100 yrs since the civil war.
I remember getting my first watch, like computers and cell phones today they were advancing state-of-art technology.

But, as the author of this thread has pointed out, they are now mostly just jewelry.
You do not need a watch to know the time of day way more accurately than any watch that was the most state-of-art when I got my first watch.

I completed my undergraduate degree in engineering in 1965 using only a slide-rule to do mathematical calculations. Now, I operate mathematically in hundreds of mathematical dimensions creating and calculating interactions in the brain which helps people aiming to create computers that will calculate in millions and billions of dimensions. Will these machines become as creative or even much more creative than any human can be?
So, maybe, compared to biological evolution, we are collectively moving at a million miles an hour (whatever that means) toward creating a new live-form physical different from us and with intelligence completely beyond and different from us.
What is the meaning of all that? I have no idea whatever. But, while my cell phone enables me to know the time of day, I am working very hard toward that technological revolution. So the time related questions I usually ask is: What day is this? Is it Tuesday? Is it next month yet?
I have a cheap watch, better than the most advanced watch of 50 yrs ago, for when I do international travel and my cell phone is off.
What will you need most 50 yrs from now? A watch?

abstruse_ric
Dec 24, 2010, 5:29 PM
I love fine timepieces but unfortunately I can't afford the ones I really want. Admittedly, collecting watches can be absurdly expensive but the tourbillons and Grande Complications are extraordinary works of art that can have hundreds of parts. The Vacheron Constantin Tour de L’lle wristwatch, for instance, has over 800 parts.

Bicuriousity
Dec 24, 2010, 6:08 PM
Yes very hot. I thought about buying a montblanc recently