PDA

View Full Version : possible xmas gift idea

bizel
Dec 15, 2010, 4:06 PM
hi, my lovely on-line family, thought i'd share my latest craze with you. bought a creative zen mosaic mp3 player and am downloading audio books from audible.com. it's really nifty cos you can listen to dramatizations (the cowboy stories have bullets flying and horses galloping), comedies, lindsey davis (my ab.fav) roman mysteries, arthur upfield (old fashioned bony aussie detective mysteries), agatha christie and heaps, heaps more. you can listen to them while doing chores around the house, in the car (the zen has a loudspeaker if you can't plug your device in to the car) and at night when tv sucks, your eyes are too sore and tired to read.

trying not to sound like a walking ad, but absolutely love this thing. as we all know, good things do come in small packages. and this is soooo dinky. a great present for yourself or loved ones. just thought i'd put it out there as an option. cheers.

DuckiesDarling
Dec 15, 2010, 4:16 PM
I actually keep seeing ads on television and even on facebook saying "download this book now for free" I don't have an mp3 player and if I'm gonna be on the computer with the book I'd rather have it in Microsoft Reader format.

But I'm glad it's awesome for you, I recommend an author called Lee Child, he has a series of books starring Jack Reacher,a former Military Policeman, both during his service and after service as he assimiliates back into civilian life as he put it, he spent his whole childhood and most of his adult life outside the US so now he's just touring. Going to see the sites whichever the way the wind blows, often with only a toothbrush and some cash. Buying cheap clothes and simply tossing them when he buys new cause "first you got one set of clothes then another before long it's suitcase then house then mortage and paperwork" Only the last two need to be read in that order 61 Hours actually says "To be continued" LOL he followed quickly with the next one. My personal thought is the original story was just too long and instead of editing a huge chunk he just moved it to the new book.