PDA

View Full Version : Bi guys and their doctors

TheBisexualProfessor
Dec 15, 2010, 10:27 AM
I don't mind having a doctor exploring my body, doing prostate checks, etc. -- but what I do fear is a doctor picking up on vibes that I don't mind it. For that reasons I'm a bit nervous of male doctors so I'm going to see a new (female) doc today. I guess my thinking is that a straight female or a gay/bi male doc is best, but not because of any need to discuss sexuality -- simply for the sake of my being comfortable.

Does that make any sense at all? Am I a goofy rambler? Anyone else willing to offer ideas and opinions?

DuckiesDarling
Dec 15, 2010, 11:29 AM
I don't think it's a goofy ramble but I do think it's a bit unfounded. Doctors realize that even straight males will respond to the stimulation of the prostate, no matter how brief. But you need to feel comfortable fully with your doctor for not only the physical exams but the sharing of information so that anything that might be wrong could be quickly diagnosed. So do what is best for you, only you know that.

jamieknyc
Dec 15, 2010, 11:56 AM
Remember your doctor isn't a mind reader. And I can't think of a more 'shrinkage' inducing situation than a doctor's office.

However, I will admit I enjoyed the prostate exam...... :)

jamieknyc
Dec 15, 2010, 3:33 PM
The guy seems to think he is going to get a hard-on from being examined by a male doctor. <shrugs>

TheBisexualProfessor
Dec 15, 2010, 3:54 PM
Nope, Jamie, you missed the mark! To all the rest, thanks for your comments.:)