PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Venues.. wotta giggle

darkeyes
Dec 4, 2010, 8:47 AM
Asya may kno..am a big football fan (proper stuff played with feet an not hands like sum lesser sports).. hav been gigglin eva since it wos decided 2 send the 2018 cup competition 2 Russia.. hasn haff put England's noses outa joint.. its all bent they say..Fifa r bandits.. well tell us summat we didn kno.. ratha go 2 Russia than England. Christ..its only jus down the road.. an hav nev been 2 Russia..

But alla thiis outrage bout a bent process intrigues an corrupt delegates an lyin an bribery .. much the same as has gone on for decades.. an gave England the competition long b4 me wos born.. nev heard much moanin bout bout ne a that.. so wile me agrees FIFA is hardly the most transparent an honest sportin body oin the planet.. wiv the dosh that floats bout south a the border in football, the game ther is hardly whiter than white.. an b sides.. owt that burst ther overly self important we r betta than ne 1 elses footie bubble is fine wiv me..

Wonda of me can meet up wiv yummie Russian spy wen 2018 cums 'round.. an will yummie lil Russian spy still b yummie ne way.. :rolleyes: Wots worse... will I????:eek:

An 'bout Qatar gettin the 2022 tourney? God.. wottan 'orrible thot... will cost an absolute bomb 2 b ova ther for 3 weeks.. gettin ther will b dear enuff.. seems 2 me its FIFA makin sure that the game wich is already bein priced outa ordinary peeps reach, is gonna b positively prohibitive...an far b it for me 2 suggest that lil oil rich country wiv money 2 burn has thrown a few quid the way a FIFA execs as an "incentive".. Obama wosn pleased wos e? Poor ole USA who pulled out of a bid for 2018 at leastly party at the English FA's request mus b kikkin themsels.. personally wudda preferred Oz.. but ther ya r..

O well.. prob moot ne way.. unless Scotland can produce sum decent players we not goin ne wer near ne World Cup finals no matta wer or wen they held.. :(

Wonda how the Jambos r doin this weekend? O yea.. games off cosa the snow.. *sigh*:(. Qatar lookin gud 2 me rite now.. least won freeze me nips off...:bigrin:

Hephaestion
Dec 4, 2010, 10:04 AM
Well perhaps its retribution for having stolen the Olympic games from France

Some tried to be honest about matters but there seemed to be an awful lot of election fiddling going on at the time......

In which case - Home chickens to roost come have

darkeyes
Dec 4, 2010, 10:17 AM
Well perhaps its retribution for having stolen the Olympic games from France

Some tried to be honest about matters but there seemed to be an awful lot of election fiddling going on at the time......

In which case - Home chickens to roost come have

Wonda wot they wudda sed had they won? :tong:

Stole the Olympics? Hmmm... mayb they wer jus more "generous"... fine upstandin bunch the International Olympic Committe.. how cud ne 1 even thinka suggestin they r bent?? Not me... neways thats moot an all.. cos we hav already booked our 2012 hols.. in France.. leave on 25th of July an don cum back till 15th of August.. longa hol than usual.. but cudn stand the jingoism, flag wavin an buntin of a home Olympics.. an mosta the sport is dull an pointless.. no telly.. no newspapers.. o yea.. an laptops will b left at 'ome an all as usual.. jus fun, sun, lazin, laffs, plonk, gud food an site seein wiv the odd club nite thrown in for gud measure... :tong:

darkeyes
Dec 4, 2010, 10:30 AM
.. bad year 'ere 2012 al2getha.. tween Olympics, Phil bein 190, royal bloody weddin AND 2 top it all.. bloody Liz's diamond jubilee.. wotta year for nobs an parasites an monarchists.. wiv luk will have enough dosh 2 bugger off outa the way from the worst of it an hole mesel up in a cave sumwer nice an hot.. *sigh*.. a tarts life is gonna b hard in 2012.. an bloody expensive!!! An all b4 the end predicted a the world.. :(

Hephaestion
Dec 5, 2010, 2:52 AM
We tried

BiCycler
Dec 5, 2010, 1:35 PM
Darkeyes, you are hillarious. You and Hephaestion make a great comedy duo. As for the sports thing. I played football, the one with the feet for many years. I'd rather play than watch. I love watching, don't get me wrong. But professional sports Fifa, Olympic (I know, there is some sort of claim the athletes are amateurs) or otherwise is less about the sports than about the money. Ugh ugh ugh. As to North American football being a lesser sport, it's different, not lesser. It shouldn't be called football, that belongs to a game where one uses their feet to move the ball. We got mixed up, so we call the latter soccer. Darkeyes, I don't take offense at your slight, you own that and of course everyone is and should be entitled to their opinions. Mine is different from yours in this regard. I just can't seem to get enough NFL, CFL and college football. There's something very special about all those spandex clad men with great muscular legs and asses rolling around on the ground together.:flag2::rainbow:

darkeyes
Dec 5, 2010, 2:57 PM
Soccer??? Word invented by English nobs differentiate it from rugger (Rugby) father of 'merican "footie".. not really belittlin ne sport hun.. not a gr8 luffer of many least wen it cums 2 spectatin.. we all like wot we like.. over the years ther has always been sum gud natured banter in forums bout the various football codes.. mainly footie propa.. an footie neva use ya feet.. u bore us wiv 'merican football an we do the same wiv the right stuff.. its not meant 2 b summat 2 take offence at.. jus gud ole fashioned p***takin.. tend 2 do a lotta that.. an hav a rite laff an all wile doin it.. an if ya wanna return it in kind an in spades.. will defend me corner, but will still b sniggrin like jollio atya funnies..;)

...an its a few years now since the Olympics wos for shamateurs.. oops amateurs.. its as pro an bent or str8 as ne big international sporting event... bit like ne otha big biz really innit??:tong:

12voltman59
Dec 5, 2010, 3:56 PM
I don't think there is much doubt for Russia to have been awarded the World Cup, somebody in FIFA took a big fat bribe.

BiCycler
Dec 5, 2010, 4:33 PM
Aint saying soccer is anyone's word. 'Twas only sayin' we are an easily confused bunch over this side of the water, so we use the word 'soccer' to differentiate that there foot game from the pointy ball game. Sometimes, I wish intonation and body language would come through in the text as well. Most of the time, I'm glad it doesn't. I'm laughing with you. I saw the humour. I'm grown up enough and strong minded enough not to let another's opinion affect me. I've sent my fair share of banter across the net too. I was only meanin' to join in on the jocularity. Something to keep in mind when reading anything by me: I'm 93% sarcastic and the other 40% is made up as I go along. I know what you're thinking. My math is somehow not sound here. You're absolutley right. I'll come clean then. It's 47% made up.:flag2::rainbow:

darkeyes
Dec 5, 2010, 5:26 PM
Aint saying soccer is anyone's word. 'Twas only sayin' we are an easily confused bunch over this side of the water, so we use the word 'soccer' to differentiate that there foot game from the pointy ball game. Sometimes, I wish intonation and body language would come through in the text as well. Most of the time, I'm glad it doesn't. I'm laughing with you. I saw the humour. I'm grown up enough and strong minded enough not to let another's opinion affect me. I've sent my fair share of banter across the net too. I was only meanin' to join in on the jocularity. Something to keep in mind when reading anything by me: I'm 93% sarcastic and the other 40% is made up as I go along. I know what you're thinking. My math is somehow not sound here. You're absolutley right. I'll come clean then. It's 47% made up.:flag2::rainbow:

Don u worry ya pretty lil head bout ya maths.. it is NOT the Fran strong point.. from age a 4 till me wos 15 struggled an battled an jus bout gutted mesel tryin 2 cum 2 terms wiv bloody maths in all its wondrous forms.. they did me head in an soon as me Standard Grades wer finished at high school threw me maths books in bin nev 2 b retrieved..last 2 years at school maths played no part in me eddication wotsoeva!!!!! 'Part from a ver kwik fire arithmetical thingie wen me wos at uni, maths do not play ne part in the Fran intellectual processes an hopefully nev will 'gain,( cept wen shoppin.. can work out price of a paira shoes or boots or nice new dress jus dandy ta ver much).. so 133% sounds as gud 2 me as ne thin else (c? can add ok!!) an kno that 47$ works out at almos haff...

Mayb thats wy me luffs footie so much... workin out the scorin is easy peasy:tong:.. alla that complicated scorin at Rugby (both codes) an 'merican football dus me head in..:eek: ..an in recent seasons the Jambos scores hav been easier than norm.. they been so poor their score wos as often as not NIL..takes no workin out at all nil dus.. givin me a hard time wiv me lil pea brain this year.. we doin pretty gud an scorin a few.. 3rd place in league... brill!!:bigrin:

jamieknyc
Dec 6, 2010, 10:09 AM
Bribes for World Cup venues is the least of the sport's problems. What about game-fixing scandals, links to drug cartels and other organized crime, and the culture of violent racism that exists among soccer fans?

darkeyes
Dec 6, 2010, 1:54 PM
..no denyin the game has probs.. not as many as u allude exist but serious nonetheless.. is nice 2 b reminded by a guy from country wich has no sportin corruption, racism an violence probs woteva... :)

chook
Dec 6, 2010, 2:26 PM
I'm just sooooooooo glad that Australia missed out on all this bullshit soccer thing, for the simple reason it would have cost the taxpayers of this country squillions, I just hope that the Russians help Qatar with the financing of this corrupted exstavaganza and not the rest of the soccer playing world....just my :2cents: :)

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

P.S......And as usual I await comment from the world authority on everything, you know who you are Fran :rolleyes:

darkeyes
Dec 6, 2010, 6:23 PM
I'm just sooooooooo glad that Australia missed out on all this bullshit soccer thing, for the simple reason it would have cost the taxpayers of this country squillions, I just hope that the Russians help Qatar with the financing of this corrupted exstavaganza and not the rest of the soccer playing world....just my :2cents: :)

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

P.S......And as usual I await comment from the world authority on everything, you know who you are Fran :rolleyes:

The opinionated little tart, Chookie, isnt an authority on that much really, but do have very decided opinions on many things.. some important I think, some less so or even trivia.. and on ur wee comment.. I think it at least as likely that Qatar would help Russia out financially for all the disparity in population and size... less so I think on comparitive wealth.. Qatar needs Russia's help like Donald Trump needs mine.. :);)