PDA

View Full Version : "Cowards on the Run": The Ballad of the chickenshit Phelps gang!!

12voltman59
Dec 1, 2010, 8:52 PM
I am glad to report that for the second time in consecutive weeks---the members of the Westboro Baptist Church/Phelps gang who had vowed to come and do a "witnessing" or whatever they call it at the funeral of a fallen soldier----failed to happen once again.

Last week it was in some locale that I do not recall, but saw the stories on their failure to protest in that instance that had appeared online and elsewhere.

According to the reports about last week---the people of that town came out in such force---both to show their respects for the sacrifice of this solider and to counter the vileness of the Phelps crowd---that they simply crowded out the Phelps crowd from getting a place to protest anywhere near either the church where services were held, the parade route to the cemetery and at the cemetery itself.

We had a young soldier from this area--specifically a "bedroom" town called Fairborn, Ohio which is about 15 miles from Dayton, more or less, who got killed recently in Afghanistan thanks to an "insurgent attack" on his unit.

The Phelps gang had said on their website they were coming here to do their nasty thing---but lo and behold---they either totally chicken-shitted out---or they saw so many people lining outside the Catholic church where his funeral mass was held yesterday and all along the route out to the cemetery that they didn't have anyplace to set up at this funeral.

We had the Patriot Guard on hand and a number of other groups who have formed to protest in some fashion, the Phelps gang.

It is heartening that it seems the best way to neuter the Phelps gang is by good hearted people quietly making their presence known that they support the families of the fallen and that what the Westboro gang are doing is not a good or welcome thing.

I went and met with some people from one "peace" sorta group I have done things with in the past--and even though I took part thanks to an email--I was going to just go anyway and find a place somewhere along the cortege route----most people just showed up on their own accord---and it was asked that if the Phelps people showed up---not to give them satisfaction by responding to them in any way---and the best thing to do---simply turn your back to them but hold up your American flag as the funeral procession passes. From what I saw and was reported---the number of people who showed up for this soldier's funeral was very large and they lined all along the areas near the church, the route to the cemetery and outside the cemtery to such a degree--the Phelps gang once again could not do their thing.

In the report in our paper and on the local TV news--it was said they tried to contact the Phelps people for comments as to why they did not protest this time----like the cowardly bastards they are---they never responded to the requests.

Maybe the "15 minutes of fame" of this vile group has received in the past has finally over---God willing that is the case!!!

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/dayton-news/supporters-patriot-guard-line-route-for-spc-snows-funeral-1016764.html

Realist
Dec 1, 2010, 9:28 PM
I'm glad the people rallied, making sure the Phelps gang understood their cause was not a popular one!

I can't even fathom them doing anything so disrespectful to anyone, much less a fallen soldier. Why add such insult to an already heartbreaking event?

DuckiesDarling
Dec 1, 2010, 9:43 PM
It is heartening that it seems the best way to neuter the Phelps gang is by good hearted people quietly making their presence known that they support the families of the fallen and that what the Westboro gang are doing is not a good or welcome thing.

And this is what I said all along when people were advocating violence towards the group. They have the right to do their crap, other people have the right to interfere with their ability to do so. Congrats to that small town and may it happen everywhere that group of snake's rears it's ugly head.

Long Duck Dong
Dec 1, 2010, 10:49 PM
now that is what I call the * power of unity *...... that is the type of groups that have my full and undying support..... cos they put their differences aside and quietly stand for what they believe in, without making it into a full fledged *war*

small towns are often put down as closed minded, backwoods, etc etc.... but mess with one of their own, and look out...... and I am glad that the phelps got the message loud and clear.....

" you ain't fucking with our vets, our friends, our family, the boy down the road, the boy that took my daughter to the prom, our ex school mate, our drinking buddy etc etc cos they are one of us and we look out for our own "

elian
Dec 1, 2010, 11:25 PM
The best thing about the Phelps group is that they usually end up being a rallying point for diversity and unity for the local community who is picketed.

mim bent
Dec 2, 2010, 12:00 AM
didn't know what phelps or westbro was (never heard of him in australia - at least i haven't), so looked it up on that wiki thing. am shocked. makes you feel proud when you hear of the town rallying around in time of need. reminds me of saying i heard in relation to germans in germany through the leadup to WWII who said they didn't support hitler "For evil to prosper all it needs is for good people to do nothing". good on that town cos this is really low.

Argent 11
Dec 2, 2010, 12:54 AM
The Phelps gang are nothing more than living proof that stupid people should not breed!

Hephaestion
Dec 2, 2010, 3:06 AM
A view of the 'Phelps' website suggests that these people have declared their dislike of everybody including Christians although this is the grouping that these people puport to align themselves with.

Doggiestyle
Dec 2, 2010, 7:13 PM
You know it seems to me that the different Veteran Groups, Patriot Riders, or whomever it may concern, should organize and start picketing / protesting in front of the Westboro Baptist Church and condemning them for their silly actions. You know that the same laws that allow them to do what they are doing can also allow this to happen too! :cop:

I organizations would get together and start in on the churches congregation and start condemning them for their so called "campaign". You could start by protesting with loud bull-horns, or public address systems, and telling their congregation that they are supporting a really un-american, anti-social activity, and that their "sinful conduct" is going to cause them to receive a "front row seat in hell" for their dirty deeds :disgust: . And on and on a group could scream yada yada yada at them ever time the congregation got together!!! :yikes2:

Anyway, the congregation would probably endure this for a while. After all the preacher(s) would tell the congregation that the :devil: may be fighting their cause with a vengeance, but that "their god will grant them victory" ( sounds something like a Muslim would say, HUH?) so don't give up now,,,, but they will! Their congregation is a makeup of just everyday people, and me thinking that once things start getting HOT for them, they will little by little quit going to the WBC and that would cut off his (Phelps) money supply, thereby bringing his campaign to a halt

See there, this situation is not really so serious after all. :bigrin: In my opinion, he could (Phelps that is) could be shut down, shut up, and this could be one way to do it. :bigrin:

Just me thinking here :2cents: Your friend, :doggie:

elian
Dec 2, 2010, 8:06 PM
Well the thing is Doggie, when they "protest" it's usually their 5 people to our more than 50-100 - so actually it's kind of nice to demonstrate for unity and learn that there really are some moderate, caring people in the community. The fact that they protest draws attention to our viewpoint as well.

I am certain that if they didn't make such .. vivid claims about such a broad range of issues that more people would tolerate their presence. If they ONLY picketed homosexuals and preached that hateful message then I'm not so sure that many people where I live would be so concerned.

For example, one county has decided to repeal a human rights act rather than add language to include anti-discrimination against sexual orientation siting "budgetary constraints" but we figure the actual cost might be $1.39 per resident.

"Rather than add sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression to their Human Rights Act, they decided to REPEAL THE WHOLE THING!!!"

Of course we are also famous in this area for the epic "Of People and Pandas" saga..