PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santa

TaylorMade
Nov 25, 2010, 11:02 PM
I actually got someone I wanted to get a gift for... but now I honestly don't know what do get them. So... what can I get for (under $20, ya'll):

a bisexual male
who loves 80's music (grace jones in particular)
Has a boyfriend
His b/f is young and in college (law school, I think)
He is 34 and neither femme or hard bi.
Has piercings (gaged ears, I think) and a sleeve tat
likes to read. Not super techie, but wouldn't get lost in a best buy.
Appalician background, but very well traveled.
Has been known to sport porkpies/fedoras/scarves/suspenders as accessories.

So...yeah. I like this guy, he's a good boss, fun and easy to talk to. If I get this gift right, it could help turn this seasonal gig into a PT job that I kinda want.

*Taylor*

ubersmack
Nov 26, 2010, 2:35 AM
Going off of two on the list. Tatoos/piercings and reading, I would say buy him a book about tats and piercings. Something showing the artistic side of tattoos and the exaultation of body modification. There should be several coffee table books or just books like this for around $20.00. Just one idea. :bigrin:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 26, 2010, 4:25 AM
Its called nice gift certificate to the store of his choice, and that way he can buy his Own goodies...lol:bigrin:
Bad Cat

codybear3
Nov 26, 2010, 11:49 AM
Its called nice gift certificate to the store of his choice, and that way he can buy his Own goodies...lol:bigrin:
Bad Cat

Or a gift card in the amount you wanna give... Can't go wrong with that...:paw::paw:

elian
Nov 26, 2010, 5:58 PM
I love Terry Pratchett's Discworld series of sci-fi books - mix of fantasy and satirical humor - don' know if your friend would like this or not but it's pretty much the only fiction I read at the moment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld

http://www.amazon.com/Hogfather-Terry-Pratchett/dp/0061059056/ref=cm_lmf_tit_20

TaylorMade
Nov 26, 2010, 8:39 PM
Get him a Grace Jones box set. She put one out a few years ago and it has pretty much everything she's recorded. It's called Ultimate Collection if you're looking on Amazon.com

He may already have that collection though. What do you mean by "hard bi"?

Don't buy him clothing or clothing accessories since not everyone has the same tastes in clothing and only a few times have I gotten clothing or clothing accessories from friends or work associates as a gift that I actually liked.

Masculine...super masculine, going to the gym and stuff like that. He's not like that, but he's not a campy type. Like you could say he's just soft around the edges, but not a hardass. :)

I'm leaning toward iTunes Card and a fedora from Hot Topic. :p If the ceiling were higher, I'd get something from Fetish Factory as a gag gift.

*Taylor*

Bluebiyou
Nov 28, 2010, 3:34 AM
Plaid cap.
If you're in Nawlins between now and Christmas, go to the Riverwalk Mall, or Jackson Square Brewery (mall).
Find the most conservative earth toned gray-ish cap. Something he'd look great in - while driving a tiny British convertible sports car from the '60s.
As a man who likes fedoras... a subtle grey-ish plaid Scottish cap is always a welcome guest in my collection.

(Sweet Dreams are made of this!)

Uh, by the way Taylor... Evil Jock Concubine? WTF?

DuckiesDarling
Nov 28, 2010, 3:41 AM
I'd do the iTunes card if it was me, Taylor. That way he can pick his own music.