PDA

View Full Version : This Thanksgiving.....

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 23, 2010, 3:23 AM
I must be getting soft..or losing my cold hard edge. Maybe its the holidays, or hormones..I dunno. Reading a love letter from a very old-much beloved lover got me to feeling sentimental I guess..:(
This holiday season: PLEASE tell people in you life how you feel about them. Life is too short to let even little things pass you by. Tell a co-worker that you like them or appreciate what they do to help (if they do)
Call your Mama, and tell her that she is the greatest treasure you have in your life, next to your spouse and kids. Especially tell your child or children and Grandchildren that you love them. Tell your Dad that he is special and very much loved.
Do the same with your siblings. Tell friends how much they mean to you, and think of how lucky you are to still have them in your lives.
And if you are starting to fall in love, then tell that person when the time is right. But Dont let the moments pass; they could be over in a heartbeat and they may never know how you feel.
Saying I Love You has never been easy for me, and once it cost me a dear friend when I said it in an off-handed manner, but please...dont fail to do so with someone You care for.
May your Thanksgiving be a time of Real Thanks Giving, and may it be bright and happy to you all...:};)
Cat.

SilverFox52
Nov 23, 2010, 5:37 AM
Thank you so much for posting these thoughts. I’ve been so saddened to see the amount of nasty gnashing and vitriolic spewing in so many of the postings. It is heartening to see someone take the time to remind everyone that the energy you put out is what comes back to you. I hope the love you have shown and shared comes back to you many fold and serves to remind others that an attitude of gratitude enhances your own life.

“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 23, 2010, 1:40 PM
Thank you Fox. Peck to your furry cheek. Happy Thanksgiving Darlin. :}
Cat

DuckiesDarling
Nov 23, 2010, 5:56 PM
Hugs Cat, I doubt I'll ever have a Happy Thanksgiving again but the reminder to tell loved ones what you feel before it's too late is a good one.

ubersmack
Nov 23, 2010, 9:25 PM
Hugs Cat, I doubt I'll ever have a Happy Thanksgiving again but the reminder to tell loved ones what you feel before it's too late is a good one.

Why not, because your in NZ? You can celebrate being thankful for whatever reason you have. :)

DuckiesDarling
Nov 23, 2010, 9:27 PM
Uber I'm not in NZ, it's where I want to be. Why concentrate on me saying I doubt I'll ever have a Happy Thankgiving again and ignore the fact I said the reminder to tell loved ones how you felt before it was too late was a good one?

ubersmack
Nov 23, 2010, 9:37 PM
I doubt I'll ever have a Happy Thankgiving again

Sorry about the NZ bit then. LOL I said that because of what you said in the quote. It bummed me out a little bit that you would say that. So I thought I would try and say something nice. :bigrin:

I liked the second half of your post.

Fact is that I am 4000 miles away from my wife and kids and I will face Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Easter, and whatever other holidays I am forgetting by myself as I can't be with the ones that I love. I am not letting myself be down about that seperation because I know that what I am doing here will be a huge benefit for my family and I will be reunited with them next summer. It will be a long winter and spring for me. So I am just trying to stay positive.

Thats why I was a little bummed about that statement.

codybear3
Nov 24, 2010, 1:10 AM
As always, Mama Cat, your words of Wisdom are right on the dot... Greetings and huggz to all....:paw::paw:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 24, 2010, 1:30 AM
Hugs to Cody, Uber and Darling. DD, you'll have a great Thanksgiving one of these days! I know its hard right now, but just think: One day you'll both be in the kitchen whipping up a meal fit for Kings and Queens. So take heart, Dear One, it'll happen.

Uber, I commend you on your hard work for your family and I know how hard it is to be away from family for the holidays, too. My kids and grandkids are in Calif, and I'm here in Washington state, so I understand. :}
Grabs Cody, gives him a big naughty kiss, then lets go to grin nastily..LOL
Happy Thanksgiving m'loves, and hugs to all I know well..:}
Your Cat. ^..^

12voltman59
Nov 24, 2010, 8:19 PM
Thanks for all the good words Cat and all----I too do wish that for those who are celebrating any sort of holiday coming up---it is a good one--and as Cat said---to tell those who are special in your life just how special they are.

lizard-lix
Nov 25, 2010, 7:44 AM
A happy, safe and fun Thanksgiving to all!

Here's hoping for more acceptance for everyone...

I hope you are with someone you love today... Please tell them that you do.

Peace

Liz

Bicuriousity
Nov 25, 2010, 10:55 AM
Thank you for postung such a beautiful message! Have a great thanksgiving Cherokee.

QUOTE=Cherokee_Mountaincat;188407]I must be getting soft..or losing my cold hard edge. Maybe its the holidays, or hormones..I dunno. Reading a love letter from a very old-much beloved lover got me to feeling sentimental I guess..:(
This holiday season: PLEASE tell people in you life how you feel about them. Life is too short to let even little things pass you by. Tell a co-worker that you like them or appreciate what they do to help (if they do)
Call your Mama, and tell her that she is the greatest treasure you have in your life, next to your spouse and kids. Especially tell your child or children and Grandchildren that you love them. Tell your Dad that he is special and very much loved.
Do the same with your siblings. Tell friends how much they mean to you, and think of how lucky you are to still have them in your lives.
And if you are starting to fall in love, then tell that person when the time is right. But Dont let the moments pass; they could be over in a heartbeat and they may never know how you feel.
Saying I Love You has never been easy for me, and once it cost me a dear friend when I said it in an off-handed manner, but please...dont fail to do so with someone You care for.
May your Thanksgiving be a time of Real Thanks Giving, and may it be bright and happy to you all...:};)
Cat.[/QUOTE]

ubersmack
Nov 25, 2010, 11:18 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all the people at these forums. Hope today is special for everyone, even if you don't celebrate this holiday. My best wishes go out to everyone!

chook
Nov 25, 2010, 2:29 PM
I hope you all stop and spare a thought for all the turkeys that gave their lives up for the occasion :tongue:

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

codybear3
Nov 25, 2010, 4:15 PM
I hope you all stop and spare a thought for all the turkeys that gave their lives up for the occasion :tongue:

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

LOL... I don't think they went willingly, Chook... :eek::paw::paw:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 27, 2010, 9:30 PM
lol Thats why I do eat turkey if I can get out of it. Dont like it...
And for Bicuriousity, the name is Cat, Hon. I'm everybody's feline. ;)
Hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. :}
Cat