PDA

View Full Version : bi buddy (just friends)

biblkman
Nov 20, 2010, 1:45 PM
I'm a year old closeted bi black/hispanic male early 30s in a commited relationship, my lady knows I'm bi. It seems impossible to meet a closeted bi black male around my age for friendship only.
I say black male, not cause I'm racist, cause I want a friend who knows how hard it is being bi and in the closet in the black community.
I just would like someone to talk to and hang out with, someone I can be myself around without worrying that I may say or do something to indicate that I'm bi, and being outed.
Just strickly a friendship with someone who knows exactly what I'm going through.

Can anyone here relate???

fredtyg
Nov 20, 2010, 2:06 PM
I certainly can. You aren't alone in being in that situation. I'm not specifically referring to being black, but being bi or homosexual when most of the people around you aren't and might disapprove of it. It can make for a lonely existence not being able to express the real you around people you know.

As tough as it might seem, I'd suggest you look within your circle of friends and acquaintances first. There might well be someone you know in the same situation. There might also be someone you know that doesn't have a problem with homosexuals.

I was, and in a way still am, in a similar situation. I was surrounded by mostly anti- homo friends and relatives but actually was sexually attracted to a brother- in- law for years. Finally, I felt I had to tell him I was queer, both because of my attraction to him and for my own piece of mind.

It went very well and he was very accepting of my homosexuality. Actually, bisexuality would be a better work for it as out mutual appreciation of good looking women helped bridge the gap, I think.

So look close by first. The toughest part is bringing up the issue at the right time. You'll have to figure that one out yourself.

If you think there's no way that's going to work, you're probably stuck with looking for someone online. I'd suggest setting up a profile here and at gay.com for starters. Search their personal ads for someone you think might work out and send them an e-mail.

Try the Craigslist Strictly Platonic M4M personals for your area. Place an ad just like your post here. Say you just want to chat. That's what I've done and I've actually had a few guys reply and had some back and forth. No meetings, yet, and I'll admit my ad has started to dry up with fewer responses over time.

But, who knows? Maybe someone just like you will see your ad and you'll find that bud you're looking for. Good luck.

Drkluvtheory99
Nov 20, 2010, 2:53 PM
Hey I may not kno exactly how you feel as though i am FtM and black. I have found it hard to explain to my family that I am a pansexual or bi to those who dont get pansexual. My family never knew I like guys only because I like femme gay men lol i understand tryna stay in a certain community. I am more than welcome to talk to you even though I live far from you. hit me up on here anytime

bicuriouscd
Nov 22, 2010, 11:42 AM
Hi,
Try doing an online search for a transgender support group in your area , maybe you will meet some new friends there.
Good luck

ubersmack
Nov 22, 2010, 10:57 PM
Can anyone here relate???

I am in the same boat pardner. I recently moved to a new area and have zero friends at this point. Kind of wish I had someone to hang out with. I am sure that will happen sooner or later, but it would be better if he were bi like me. Whether anything happens or not, it would be cool just to have a bi friend that knows whats going on. If there is a little hanky panky on the side it would be cool.