PDA

View Full Version : Finding a Poly community

Drkluvtheory99
Nov 15, 2010, 1:43 PM
I have wanted to find a poly community to just ask questions and find someone to be with. I personally dont think of being in a poly relationship is just for sex. I am not sure I really fully understand the real meaning or desire to have a poly relationship. All I gather from it in my own words( I hope I dont offend anyone by my misinformation) is that a poly relationship is a relationship that has its freedoms and restrictions. It isnt for someone who just wants to have sex with anybody it is a committed relationship. Please someone help me understand better and find a community in the NC area that would be great!

Realist
Nov 15, 2010, 3:43 PM
I imagine that you will get several different theories on this subject. I have been in two poly relationships and each one was different than the other. Your idea that they may be more than sexual, was true in my case. We had common interests that were not sexually related, but we were sexual, too.

DuckiesDarling
Nov 15, 2010, 3:52 PM
You might want to take a look at www.fetlife.com, they have several groups on there that might be able to help.

MarieDelta
Nov 15, 2010, 5:09 PM
You might try Polyamory weekly and their forums. Cunning Minx is the poly bisexual woman who runs the forums there.

http://forum.polyweekly.com/

NotLostJustWandering
Nov 15, 2010, 5:37 PM
Please someone help me understand better and find a community in the NC area that would be great!

Try searching meetup.com and binet.com.

Drkluvtheory99
Nov 15, 2010, 8:44 PM
thnx so much for the info!! I am on fetlife but theregroups and the people arent very open friendly etc.