PDA

View Full Version : Quick Portuguese SOS

onewhocares
Nov 11, 2010, 8:08 PM
Hello ALL,

As many of you know I am an event planner and caterer. I have a last moment job to do for Friday night. I need to prepare Portuguese Fava beans in a linguisa, chouirso and onion dish for a client. I have tried two different dishes and well...shoe leather comes to mind for one and MUSH is another. I found canned, frozen and dried fava's so far. Nothing turning out as I expect. At this point I may do a puree (from the frozen fava) on a roasted Roma tomato with a crumble of minced onion and linguisa.

HELP...is there anyone in our vast network who has experience with fava and smoked meat?

Thank you in advance.

Belle

12voltman59
Nov 12, 2010, 9:55 AM
Sorry Belle--I cannot help ya on this one--I have never done anything with Fava beans--I guess they are good but what I know about them---they were a fave food of Hannibal Lecter who liked to eat them with cooked human flesh, washed down with Chianti!!

Wished I could help ya---I am sure you will come up with something to make it work out.

Good luck.

Hephaestion
Nov 12, 2010, 12:29 PM
Not a great fan of broad beans / fava beans

The only way I have ever had these has been boiled to softness and then

a) served with butter

b) put into an olive oil / lemon / black pepper marinade to serve as an accompaniment to meats e.g. seared mediterraean sausages these usually garlic and chilli loaded as are your linguica and chourizo.

I wasn't the cook, merely the victim. I assume that you have scouted the web for ideas and methodologies.

Realist
Nov 12, 2010, 3:24 PM
I'm sorry, I'm about as much help as Volty was........can't get Hannibal, fava beans, and Chianti off my mind!