PDA

View Full Version : Divorce.

innaminka
Nov 8, 2010, 1:31 AM
It arrived today.
A big fat white envelope from some lawyers in Perth.
My husband's application for divorce. All I do is sign and return in the prepaid envelope.
I knew it was coming, but it still sends a big "kerthump" into the tummy when you know "this is it."
It is a most campatible divorce - we both want it. We are still able to talk to each other quite easily and are comfortable in each other's company.
We both realise its the best.
He wants to get married again, I want to develop my relationship wth Christina.
I am independently quite well off. There are no property issues and my girls will be supported by him through University. Also, they are supportive of both of us in our new relationships. We're both far happier

BUT - I did cry. He is a nice man. All those years together are now gone. I am not showing my girls the papers tonite. I'm waiting till my youngest finishes her exams next week, then we'll all go out to a night club and drink terrible cocktails together.

Hephaestion
Nov 8, 2010, 2:49 AM
Where thou tread'st so may many of us follow. Good luck.

DuckiesDarling
Nov 8, 2010, 3:08 AM
Hugs, Innaminka. It's great that you had what we call an amicable divorce. As someone in the process of finalising a not so amicable one, I wish both you and your ex many happy years in your next relationships.

IanBorthwick
Nov 8, 2010, 3:19 AM
May the One save you and allow your grief to pass. Know that joys have longer memories than sorrows and the road is cut in twain.

<Hugs>

JP1986UM
Nov 8, 2010, 3:41 AM
BUT - I did cry. He is a nice man. All those years together are now gone. I am not showing my girls the papers tonite. I'm waiting till my youngest finishes her exams next week, then we'll all go out to a night club and drink terrible cocktails together.

I am sorry for your loss in this, but it is wrong to say you lost those years. Quite frankly, you still have them.

You are just diverging into a different direction which doesn't include each other as your primary love.

Its not easy being us.

Its not easy loving us either.

All the best to you though. I am sure you will do fine.

welickit
Nov 8, 2010, 11:13 AM
Nothing anyone can do or say will make it easier. It just plain hurts. Being able to let it out and express your feelings, here or elsewhere will at the least let you vent. We both commend you for waiting to tell the youngest. She has enough stress if she is taking exams. Sounds like you have things in their proper order.

falcondfw
Nov 8, 2010, 12:43 PM
I went through my own divorce a few years ago (final in 2009) after 16 years of marriage. Noone can make it easier, But the years are not lost. You still care about each other and you yourself said you both agree this is what is needed. And, most importantly, you have your daughters. Nothing can erase that. You had some good times. Grew together. And eventually grew apart. It happens. I know. My divorce was friendly too (mostly). And we are still friends (mostly). For our kids. Mine are younger than yours. My divorce hurt a lot too, especially since I don't believe in divorce, except in certain cases. She did not give me a choice. For the most part though, we are both happier now. You will be too. Keep your chin up. Your kids can be a wonderful system of support for you. Just remember, they are going through this too. Good luck to both of you.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 8, 2010, 1:02 PM
All I can offer are big hugs, Honey. You both know its for the best and its better to end friendly than and enemies. I get along better with the Ex-husband now than when we were married for those 30 years. :}
Best of luck and love to you, Sweetie
Cat