PDA

View Full Version : forum weirdness

slipnslide
Nov 6, 2010, 11:16 AM
I logged in this morning to see how many unread threads I had to discover none - even though there were threads that had been updated since my last visit. Anyone else seeing forum weirdness?

darkeyes
Nov 6, 2010, 2:17 PM
Forum weirdness? On this forum? Neva...who eva heard a such nonsense?:eek: Ther a point 2 this thread?:rolleyes:

NotLostJustWandering
Nov 8, 2010, 4:32 PM
Yeah, I experience occasional mis-displaying of such information here fairly often.

jem_is_bi
Nov 8, 2010, 10:52 PM
Well?
This is a weird thread.
I am not sure what it is about.
I think that a zero looked at thread is a great achievement for the one who posted it. Imagine the effort it took find a topic that absolutely no other person was interested enough (or even avoided) to click on.

cddm50
Nov 8, 2010, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I experience occasional mis-displaying of such information here fairly often.

LOL.... So is it just "occasionally" or more "fairly often"?

The only weirdness I've experienced in this forum is that no thread has ever been closed, maybe deleted by Drew, but never closed. One can rehash a 5+ year old thread if you wanted to. Is that really necessary?

Hephaestion
Nov 9, 2010, 3:15 AM

The only weirdness I've experienced in this forum is that no thread has ever been closed, maybe deleted by Drew, but never closed. One can rehash a 5+ year old thread if you wanted to. Is that really necessary?

Yes it is necessary to preserve all threads. This is needed by the secret services who monitor our strange practices. I speak on behalf of all wierdos.

Slipnslide - have you tried fushing your caches and other temporary files. The magic boxes tend to use stored info if

a) there is any delay in updating a page e.g. your ISP is busy elsewhere.
b) they go for cached / temp stored information as it is part of the smoothing and speed process.
c) you have not beaten them recently with a twig / branch whilst uttering obsenities and threats (cf Basil Fawlty - The connoiseurs evening episode)

NotLostJustWandering
Nov 9, 2010, 4:23 AM

I think it's good that there's an archive, so to speak, of all the threads in the forum. It's interesting to look back over the old ones and often digging up and renewing an old thread provokes better discussions that what's current.

slipnslide
Nov 9, 2010, 7:50 AM
Yes it is necessary to preserve all threads. This is needed by the secret services who monitor our strange practices. I speak on behalf of all wierdos.

Slipnslide - have you tried fushing your caches and other temporary files. The magic boxes tend to use stored info if

a) there is any delay in updating a page e.g. your ISP is busy elsewhere.
b) they go for cached / temp stored information as it is part of the smoothing and speed process.
c) you have not beaten them recently with a twig / branch whilst uttering obsenities and threats (cf Basil Fawlty - The connoiseurs evening episode)

The Gourmet Night episode? Hilarious.

slipnslide
Nov 9, 2010, 7:51 AM
Well?
This is a weird thread.
I am not sure what it is about.
I think that a zero looked at thread is a great achievement for the one who posted it. Imagine the effort it took find a topic that absolutely no other person was interested enough (or even avoided) to click on.

As a developer I find it interesting. As an old guy with super creepy photos and one foot in the grave, you don't find it interesting. We get it.

**Peg**
Nov 9, 2010, 8:47 AM
delete your temporary internet files

Hephaestion
Nov 9, 2010, 1:18 PM
The Gourmet Night episode? Hilarious.

That must be the one - thanks for the correction. Agreed hilarious

slipnslide
Nov 9, 2010, 7:47 PM
That must be the one - thanks for the correction. Agreed hilarious

I think on the DVD extras John Cleese talks about the challenge of finding the right branch.

jem_is_bi
Nov 9, 2010, 10:33 PM
As a developer I find it interesting. As an old guy with super creepy photos and one foot in the grave, you don't find it interesting. We get it.

Yes, just me being kind of weird too.
How did you know that one foot was giving me some trouble?
How weird is that?