PDA

View Full Version : Ooooo Wottan Ugli Lot We Are

darkeyes
Oct 28, 2010, 11:25 AM
Me mum sent me this from aol this mornin..

http://www.lemondrop.co.uk/2010/10/28/british-men-and-women-ugliest-in-the-world/?icid=main|uk|dl6|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lemondrop .co.uk%2F2010%2F10%2F28%2Fbritish-men-and-women-ugliest-in-the-world%2F

Seems the resta the world don think 2 much of us or for that matta.. our 'merican cousins... jus 0.1% 'tween brit an 'merican guys!! Ugli boloody lot.. no disgreement from me.. tee hee. An women even worse? God.. am speechless.. cheeky sods.. we hav our share a grim lookin gals but far 2 many gorge for us 2 b thought of as ugli..

So me fellow ugli peeps.. time 2 do summat bout it ya reckon? Spends a bloody bomb makin sure me isn ugli... mayb wen me 1st wakes up in mornin am hardly a glamourpuss.. but afta lil teasin a the hair an a lil effort.. me scrubs up nice an wudn go outa the door othawise..

Bloody sauce!!!

TaylorMade
Oct 28, 2010, 11:46 AM
Eh... some of the best looking English Men aren't really English (We're talking just England and not the whole conglomerate of countries, right? ), or at least didn't stay TOO long.

Gerard Butler - -He's a Scot that grew up partially in Canada :p

Sam Worthington - - an Englishman that grew up in Australia :p

Sean Connery, Ewan McGregor - - Scot.

Pierce Brosnan, Liam Neeson - - Irish.

Christian Bale-- Englishman that grew up in Wales.

Richard Burton - - Welsh.

Clive Owen, Daniel Craig - -English, fair and square. But If I had a shot with the gentlemen above (except Sir Sean. I got an age limit), I'd have to pass on em. Sorrz.

So maybe they have a point. . . When the English try their hand at ugly, they usually win. Maybe it's something to be proud of. Maybe. I'm honestly surprised Russia wasn't on the list because, I've seen them try at ugly and they win quite handily. :p

*Taylor*

NotLostJustWandering
Oct 28, 2010, 11:52 AM
In the words of Frank Zappa:

One two three four!

Feelin' sorry
Feelin' sad
So many ugly people
I feel bad
I'm so cute
They're so homely
Some of them
At home 'n' lonely
Wish they could be
Very cute like me
But they will never
Get to be
Some folks got it
Some folks don't
Some so ugly
They never won't

Everybody
See his hair
See his clothes
I'm sure you care
Terry ted
Is really sweet
Watch the way he keep the beat
Sweet as honey
He's a piece of cake
from the ginseng root
'n' stuff he take
Vitamin e
'n' all the b's
He's so cool he'll make you freeze
Make you freeze
Make you freeze
Excuse me please

Step aside
I'm gonna ride
I'm gonna strut
I'm gonna slide
Hey, ugly folks,
Go get some cyanide
An' die
Die die die die

A-ren-nen-nen-ah-ren-nen-nen
A-ren-nen-nen-uh-rennda
A-ren-nen-nen-ah-ren-nen-nen
A-rennda-rennda-rahhh
(etc. repeats)

Ugly is bad
And bad is wrong
And wrong is sinful
And sin leads to eternal damnation
An' hot burnin' fire
Hot burnin' fire
Hot burnin' fire
Hot burnin' fire
Screams of agony
Screams of agony
Screams of agony
Screams of agony
Arrrrrrrghhhhhhh!

One two three four

I'm so cute!
I'm so cute!
I'm so cute!
I'm so cute!
(etc. repeats)

DuckiesDarling
Oct 28, 2010, 11:54 AM
http://youtu.be/bqn7vXeVCLE

darkeyes
Oct 28, 2010, 12:48 PM
Eh... some of the best looking English Men aren't really English (We're talking just England and not the whole conglomerate of countries, right? ), or at least didn't stay TOO long.

Gerard Butler - -He's a Scot that grew up partially in Canada :p

Sam Worthington - - an Englishman that grew up in Australia :p

Sean Connery, Ewan McGregor - - Scot.

Pierce Brosnan, Liam Neeson - - Irish.

Christian Bale-- Englishman that grew up in Wales.

Richard Burton - - Welsh.

Clive Owen, Daniel Craig - -English, fair and square. But If I had a shot with the gentlemen above (except Sir Sean. I got an age limit), I'd have to pass on em. Sorrz.

So maybe they have a point. . . When the English try their hand at ugly, they usually win. Maybe it's something to be proud of. Maybe. I'm honestly surprised Russia wasn't on the list because, I've seen them try at ugly and they win quite handily. :p

*Taylor*

They did say British.. an wen it cums 2 guys ur lot wer so close up ther arse as 2 make no diff.. no matta.. notha 100 peeps nterviewd and the ratio cudda been reversed..

.. but take it from me Taylor.. iggie big names.. the British..English, Scots, Welsh or Irish (from wicheva side a the border).. hav lotsa hunky sexy guys.. lotsa arseholes an uglis an all.. but ther r among ordinary Brit peeps some reel gorge's... even tho they not my cuppa tea these days.. had enuff fun an experience of 'em in me lil life 2 kno hunky, gorge an sexy wen me c's it...

Unless ya liv or at least hav spent lotsa time in a place ya hav no reel idea.. peeps who visit our shores from ur neck a the woods give us but a glimpse of 'merican man or womanhood.. lots r loud, noisy an obnoxious.. but lots r not..lots r ugli as sin.. lots r not.. the peeps me knos best abroad r the french.. an french guys r like every otha place me thinks.. rangin from gorge 2grim.. women same.. but at ther best.. French guys leave Brit guys in the gutter wen it cums 2 gorgeness.. an from me limited but not entirely absent experience a 'merican guys.. they jus bout the same place as our lot.. an French women at ther best (not all who r hairy take it from me) make both Brit an 'merican girls look like bag ladies an smell like sewers..

.. but beauty is in eye of the beholder is it not??:)

sammie19
Oct 28, 2010, 1:49 PM
Am I reading right? Are you saying that you look like a bag lady and smell of sewage? I know you are famed for your modesty Fran but that bad?:bigrin:

Canticle
Oct 28, 2010, 3:02 PM
Always thought...that it is the French, who are suppose to be renowned for their uncleanliness. Of course, that is probably just as much rubbish as saying the British are ugly (personally I don't reckon the French are all that good looking...heh ho!). If the British are ugly, then the same must go for Canadians, Americans, Australians, New Zealanders, South Africans, etc...or wherever else, the British setlled in the colonies, that were. And if the British are ugly......well...blame the Celts, Romans (from all parts of the Empire), Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, Normans (who were descended from Viking settlers), and any other peoples from the European continent, or from further afield, who settled in Britain. Polls and Surveys....they don't mean a thing.

darkeyes
Oct 28, 2010, 3:20 PM
Am I reading right? Are you saying that you look like a bag lady and smell of sewage? I know you are famed for your modesty Fran but that bad?:bigrin:Wud wotch the gob if me wos u wee Craigie.. is NOT wot me is sayin anya kno it..:tong:

darkeyes
Oct 28, 2010, 3:25 PM
Always thought...that it is the French, who are suppose to be renowned for their uncleanliness. Of course, that is probably just as much rubbish as saying the British are ugly (personally I don't reckon the French are all that good looking...heh ho!). If the British are ugly, then the same must go for Canadians, Americans, Australians, New Zealanders, South Africans, etc...or wherever else, the British setlled in the colonies, that were. And if the British are ugly......well...blame the Celts, Romans (from all parts of the Empire), Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, Normans (who were descended from Viking settlers), and any other peoples from the European continent, or from further afield, who settled in Britain. Polls and Surveys....they don't mean a thing.

..there are 2 our eyes, ugli peeps Canticle, and to my eyes they hit me in the face every day.. just as does those who are stunningly beautiful and all shades of beauty and ugliness in between.. but thats to our own eyes.. but whats inside the heart and mind of a person can be more beautiful or ugly than anything our eyes see..:)

..polls and surveys indeed.. take 'em all wiv a pinch a salt!!!:tong:

Canticle
Oct 28, 2010, 4:07 PM
..there are 2 our eyes, ugli peeps Canticle, and to my eyes they hit me in the face every day.. just as does those who are stunningly beautiful and all shades of beauty and ugliness in between.. but thats to our own eyes.. but whats inside the heart and mind of a person can be more beautiful or ugly than anything our eyes see..:)

Oh there are many ugly peeople Fran...but it comes from within, the exterior...the shell...not being important...in that respect.

''but whats inside the heart and mind of a person can be more beautiful or ugly than anything our eyes see''

Oh, you're gonna hate me for this...Fran, your spirituality, shines bright, for
all to see. You can either scream at the screen, or blush, now....LOL :bigrin:

I meant every word of that! It does shine!

Bluebiyou
Oct 28, 2010, 4:36 PM
Ditto for me Fran.
I've never seen you yet I think you're beautiful.
You are brutally honest (with yourself! that's rare!), patient, and your statements nearly always reflect what you believe - well above the common state of defending your ego.
Your ... nature is so mature, I thought you had to be astrong stout woman at least in your mid 40's. I like'd to die when I found you're barely 30 and skinny. Nature, poetry, and justice demand that you are a complete knock out!
Blue

darkeyes
Oct 28, 2010, 5:04 PM
Ditto for me Fran.
I've never seen you yet I think you're beautiful.
You are brutally honest (with yourself! that's rare!), patient, and your statements nearly always reflect what you believe - well above the common state of defending your ego.
Your ... nature is so mature, I thought you had to be astrong stout woman at least in your mid 40's. I like'd to die when I found you're barely 30 and skinny. Nature, poetry, and justice demand that you are a complete knock out!
Blue

Ego? Wot ego? *giggles*

Realist
Oct 28, 2010, 5:46 PM
It's been a long time since I was in GB, but I don't remember anyone being uglier than any place I've been.

In fact, I saw some pretty damned good looking folks in London and Southampton.

I noticed a lot of good-looking women with large breasts, too! (Can't help it, I love 'em!)

I spend two days with a fine-looking English Paratrooper, who was also on leave, in Southampton.........he was brilliant, as they say over there!

NotLostJustWandering
Oct 28, 2010, 6:34 PM

Especially when reading their results in a fluff piece that neglects to name the source. :rolleyes:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Oct 28, 2010, 10:49 PM
Fran, you are Gorg amd you Knows it. :} And as for Sir Sean Connery..omg..dat man is Still a hottie to me! lol
Kissie kissie Fran, you sweet lil tart you.;)
Cat

Flounder1967
Oct 29, 2010, 12:12 AM
I like the english most then welsh, scot, irish, scan (viking).

What's the prob

IanBorthwick
Oct 29, 2010, 12:12 AM
I know I'm ugly, I was saddled with the nickname "El Feo" when I was a baby. For those of you who cannot speak spanish, it means "The Ugly One". <sigh>

Though I know that beauty if not a true virtue, not as with an educated mind or a trained physique, for you cannot call beauty something you have DONE, I still wish I was not El Feo.

:(

TaylorMade
Oct 29, 2010, 12:35 AM
I know I'm ugly, I was saddled with the nickname "El Feo" when I was a baby. For those of you who cannot speak spanish, it means "The Ugly One". <sigh>

Though I know that beauty if not a true virtue, not as with an educated mind or a trained physique, for you cannot call beauty something you have DONE, I still wish I was not El Feo.

:(

It's not always about you, Ian.

*Taylor*

darkeyes
Oct 29, 2010, 6:55 AM
Fran, you are Gorg amd you Knows it. :} And as for Sir Sean Connery..omg..dat man is Still a hottie to me! lol
Kissie kissie Fran, you sweet lil tart you.;)
Cat

Long time 'go Cat, back in the 1920's wos born a babba who grew up 2 look ratha cute.. urs truly cud easily b 'er reincarnate cos me is a ringer of 'er at a young age, if only for fact that she died only a dozen or so years 'go. She wos me mums mum, an wile she may hav been cute.. inside wos a person wiv the nature of poisonous intent.. we were neva m8s... she wos a bully, and quite simply thoroughly nasty an unpleasant..she showed no feelin or compassion for ne 1..

..as she grew olda she put on weight an cuteness disappeared, an developed lines on 'er face an a general disposition wich showed 'er for wot she wos.. hav written bout 'er in these forums from time 2 time.. but jus shows ya can nev tell from jus lookin at sum1 wen they r young n cute just wot nasty they will turn out 2 b, or harbour in ther heart... fact that she wos so like me 2 look at wen she wos young scares me silly... cos am not gonna grow old an look like she did in end if me can help it...

darkeyes
Oct 29, 2010, 9:20 AM
Long time 'go Cat, back in the 1920's wos born a babba who grew up 2 look ratha cute.. urs truly cud easily b 'er reincarnate cos me is a ringer of 'er at a young age, if only for fact that she died only a dozen or so years 'go. She wos me mums mum, an wile she may hav been cute.. inside wos a person wiv the nature of poisonous intent.. we were neva m8s... she wos a bully, and quite simply thoroughly nasty an unpleasant..she showed no feelin or compassion for ne 1..

..as she grew olda she put on weight an cuteness disappeared, an developed lines on 'er face an a general disposition wich showed 'er for wot she wos.. hav written bout 'er in these forums from time 2 time.. but jus shows ya can nev tell from jus lookin at sum1 wen they r young n cute just wot nasty they will turn out 2 b, or harbour in ther heart... fact that she wos so like me 2 look at wen she wos young scares me silly... cos am not gonna grow old an look like she did in end if me can help it...

Oops... me mum has read this an given me a rite bollokkin... "sumtimes u have no respect" "There are times u are more like her than u like to think" "Cant u let it rest" "Would u mind not venting your spleen in public about my family" "Cant you let the dead rest in peace" "Drop it Frankie, never again.." That sorta stuff..

Sorry mum... :( Love u lots.:)

Gay2Bi
Oct 29, 2010, 5:27 PM
So me fellow ugli peeps.. time 2 do summat bout it ya reckon? Spends a bloody bomb makin sure me isn ugli... mayb wen me 1st wakes up in mornin am hardly a glamourpuss.. but afta lil teasin a the hair an a lil effort.. me scrubs up nice an wudn go outa the door othawise..

All I can say is that I never invite anyone to spend the night...I've seen exactly what I look like first thing in the morning, and I fear that no amount of love could quite prepare someone for that!

I'm a total "melting pot mongrel," btw; my ancestors were (in approximate order): Irish, English, Italian, French, German, and Cherokee. (And as a part-Native American, I feel I should have the right to evict anyone I don't like.)

And since the topic of hot British guys has come up (thank you, Taylor!) - two words - Ioan Gruffudd! (Wales is part of Great Britain, so he should count.) I can think of a few choice words in Welsh I'd like to say to him!

bigbadmax
Oct 29, 2010, 5:38 PM
my ex is a yank (creole really)...she says all brits are ugly...however she married me so that dont really proove her point too well.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder...or is love blind?

keep smiling

p

Gay2Bi
Oct 29, 2010, 5:40 PM
Though I know that beauty is not a true virtue, not as with an educated mind or a trained physique, for you cannot call beauty something you have DONE, I still wish I was not El Feo.

Ah, but beauty can be a verb. As Fran mentioned, there are certainly people who are physically attractive on the outside, but whose actions make them quite ugly. Then there are people who are - to be politically correct - "aesthetically challenged" on the outside, but through their actions, they are some of the most beautiful people alive.

Or, to make an awful pop culture reference, "beauty is as beauty does" - at least that's what I tell myself every morning when I wake up having suddenly acquired huge eyebags, dried drool, and a scary fright wig with a mind of its own. ;)