PDA

View Full Version : ?? Time Traveler or ???

Doggie_Wood
Oct 27, 2010, 10:07 PM
I don't know!?! It kind of looks like . . . I don't know!

So, what do you think!!????

http://tv.yahoo.com/daytime/video/early-show-ellen-regis-and-kelly/22208433/

Hephaestion
Oct 28, 2010, 1:38 AM
Twilight Zone music in the background

1) It would be great if she was actually a time traveller with some kind of communication device

2) She could be simply talking to her collar about:
a) making one dollar buy two dollar's worth of food
b) the camera catching her where she shouldn't be and cursing it
c) how she's going to 'wash that man right out of her hair' etc
d) a bodily experience e.g. trapped wind, love eggs playing up... etc
e) she is quite mad
f) ......
g) ...... etc

Canticle
Oct 28, 2010, 3:16 PM
I dunno Heph....the whole clip.....especially the girl between each lesser clip...was kind of bizarre.

Hephaestion
Oct 28, 2010, 6:07 PM
Appearance, the dress, the laboured gait, the face are not of a young woman. The pause in progress is almost aimless. I had an aged aunt who was afflicted with alzheimers who behaved similarly. Like her, this one could simply be away with the fairies.

Whatever, the entire thing is intriguing.

Visited the original site - above borne out by the commentary. The 'thing' in her hand looks like gloves - to go with the hat and coat. Bright sun noted.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Oct 28, 2010, 10:52 PM
Snicker. Dr Who in drag....:bigrin:
Bad Cat

ihavapa
Oct 28, 2010, 11:57 PM
I have looked at this at a couple of other sites, interesting thought if it really might be a time traveler, however, there are so many things in this world that are yet to be explained to me, I try not to dwell too long on thinking on something like this, but I admit it is a bit of a puzzler

NEPHX
Oct 29, 2010, 4:16 AM
Well then may the Gods help us because, if it is a time traveler, this time line is certainly polluted since we've seen him/her!

Hephaestion
Oct 29, 2010, 5:33 AM
Well then may the Gods help us because, if it is a time traveler, this time line is certainly polluted since we've seen him/her!

If you want to really scare yourself silly with time travel then remind yourself that all of the biota in this word carry parasites and symbionts and that we co-evolve to mutual tolerance - eventually (already there is HIV immunity in some east African prostitutes). Get that out of seqence and then distribute the bugs; a cough, a sneeze, a visit to the toilet, shaking someone's hand, corporal and capital dandruff.

In HG Wells' "The War of the Worlds" the Martians are defeated by something akin to the common cold.

Currently there is a spreading of a virus whose source is indicated as being the Indian subcontinent (abuse of antibiotics) which is being spread via inter-continental air travel (cf the TV series Doomwatch) and surgery holidays.

Treatment resistant tuberculosis is being spread by term immigration and poor cultural habits from Africa.

There is a claim that asthma is gaining prominence in the civilized west partly because of excessive hygiene and reduced exposure to immunizing biota in the environment together with the constant evironments of buildings.

Let us also remember that intensive agriculture relies on growth promoters which in most cases turn out to be routinely administered antibiotics.

Could Babylon 5 ever really work or would they all be in the lavatory? G'Kar arranges escape of Londo Mollari by vile bodily function. What about the time travel of Babylon 4 and Valen? Bugger! I've spoiled the illusion.

darkeyes
Oct 29, 2010, 9:07 AM
Twilight Zone music in the background

1) It would be great if she was actually a time traveller with some kind of communication device

2) She could be simply talking to her collar about:
a) making one dollar buy two dollar's worth of food
b) the camera catching her where she shouldn't be and cursing it
c) how she's going to 'wash that man right out of her hair' etc
d) a bodily experience e.g. trapped wind, love eggs playing up... etc
e) she is quite mad
f) ......
g) ...... etc

Used 2 b a lil ole man, a gennelman of the road, walked bout talkin 2 himsel up north... an 'e used 2 as often as not hav 1 hand up 2 'is earole.. nowt in it.. used 2 c 'im all ova the place.. think they found 'is body in a skip at side of the road in middle a 1 reely bad winta.. mayb 'e cudn find 'is TARDIS..

A few folk singas also sing wiv 1 hand up 2 ther earole.. why? God knos.. tho 1 guy told me it helps him wiv pitch.. maybe she wos on way 2 a gig..

..there a mill an 1 possible explanations for this lil ole lady.. all or nun 2 do wiv time travel an all or nun 2 do wiv fact that she mita been potty... sadly we'll nev kno..:(

12voltman59
Oct 29, 2010, 12:12 PM
Science is now considering that things that were once merely wild conjectures of fiction writers---things of course called "Science Fiction" are now becoming science fact or are getting much closer to being so every day--take for instance a recent episode of the Science Channel program "Sci Fi Science" hosted by Michio Kaku regarding a coming point in time where our computers, robots and other creations that contain artifical intelligence will go beyond us in ways we cannot even being to fathom---with the outcome being something like the "Terminator" movies where the machines take over and set out to wipe out the vastly inferior human race.

Kaku considered all the ways that we could deal with such a situation--one he and other scientists say will come--it could be 20 years from now or 1,000 years from now---but that point will come.

He spoke with other scientists who work in the areas of AI---with Kaku considering the effectiveness of things like putting in some sort of "killer chip" or programming in our "robots" that would shut them down should they go bad, using EMP bursts to fry their electronics and teaching them our morals and ethics ---with each of these having limited effect.

Kaku decided that since we could not "beat them--we have to join them'---his suggestion is that as we get closer to the point it is becoming clear we are reaching the "AI Singularity"---we should transfer ourselves in a virtual way into the machines such that we become them and they us---marking a major evolutionary point in our species away from being what we have been to something new.
Kind of both cool and scary to consider such a thing as being the "future of humanity!"

http://science.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=48.15725.121573.36150.1

As far as time travel is concerned---it is apparently possible but then you would get into all those Star Trek time travel paradoxes that warp the brain!!

I heard one thing that makes sense as to what the woman was holding---one of those small horn like contraptions they used in those days when your hearing was failing. It looked like a big one from a Victorola, only much smaller--I have seen tons of them in antique shops--and they had ones of all sizes--so I have to go with "Occam's Razor" and say that this is the most likely explanation as to what the lady was holding.

Hephaestion
Oct 29, 2010, 1:21 PM
Volty

Neural networks and intelligence development are indeed fascinating topics.

However, if Bill Gates has anything to do with the operating system then the we need not worry about AI outstripping humans intelligence. The machines will be too usy downloading updates for the flaws that should have been ironed out over 20yrs ago.