PDA

View Full Version : A Wee Break

darkeyes
Oct 15, 2010, 1:54 PM
Some months ago I wrote intimating that I may just disappear since this site was no longer the one which I joined and grew to know and love. I seriously did think of leaving. Over the years I have been part of the site I have had the occasional sabbatical for one reason or other.. I still think .com has changed, and not for the better, and while this has saddened me somehwat, I suppose change is inevitable and my perception may not be that of everyone.

When I joined I considered myself bisexual. My partner remains bisexual and because of my friendships with so many of you I remained.. Being gay, I have more in common with bisexual people than simply an interest in my own sex. Like bisexuals I am not considered entirely "safe" in the company of normal people (whatever that means). I am not one who denies your existence as do some of my orientation. I know bisexuality is a reality in all its wierd and wonderful forms. I still care but somehow there has grown within the bisexual community and increasing distrust of gay and lesbian people and we keep being stereotyped from an increasingly large quarter of the bi community, as something nasty picked up on someone's shoe (a favoured use of our language). I am all too aware that there are gay and lesbian people who feel just the same way about you but these are not the majority believe me, just as I do not think it the majority of the bisexual population who have the sauce to express so much loathing toward us.. I have noticed a quietening of that loathing and resentment of late in forums, happily, but it is still there I think, certainly in the outside real world.

I am unsure whether I have just grown apart from the site or not.. there seems to be no real closeness any longer, and even within the community itself a loathing of anyone who expresses a different view on so many different things.. so many of the weel kent faces have passed and others keep talking of moving on.. I just dont feel the same any longer about .com and do think I need the break if only to recharge what are very run down batteries and an increasingly short fuse. I am no angel and know I have been at least as challenging to the patience as others have to me. Some of you dont half talk bollox though.. u have to admit.. and often very nasty unpleasant bollox too..and no doubt, there are those who will feel the same about me.. I can be unpleasant at times, but I dont think I am as such, very nasty.

Throughout the years I have tried at the same time to be constructive, challenging and at least get people thinking, to have a laugh, and sometimes be a little raunchy.. o yea.. and nowtiness is my middle name.. but I am human after all..

It may all be because I am not bisexual any longer that this feeling of frustration and schism with the site was inevitable.. I dont have an answer to that I am afraid.. but I do need the break and should have taken it months ago when I first felt the need.. but u are a very difficult bunch to put down (and I mean that in a nice way) and there have been some frantabulous barneys too good to miss. You're gonna havta do without me now for a while at least cos I just want to live my life and concentrate 100% on the real world... and the causes there for which I have so much passion..

Will I be back? The intention is to have a sabbatical.. not a permanent leaving. Maybe if and when I do return I will feel no different, maybe the separation I feel will been heightened I just dont know and you wouldnt expect me to know. Who can tell what is down the road a week from now far less 3, 6 or 9 months or even longer.

Maybe when I come back you wont want any nowty, opinionated, smart arsed, left wing, Jambo luffin, gay bird from the frozen north telling you whats good for you! Until then, good luck to u all.. luff n kissies huggles n stuff... an try an behave wile me not 'round willya? May ya kismet b kind..:)

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Oct 15, 2010, 2:02 PM
Fran, you need to do what you need to do for you, and dont worry about what other think. Just know that you Will be missed by those of us who know and luffs ya! You take care Beautiful Lady, and fair thee well in no matter what you do.
Big ole snog to ya!
Cat

tenni
Oct 15, 2010, 2:13 PM
cheers darkeyes
You have been a beacon of rational, sweet, intelligent, humourous thoughts. Thanks.

Canticle
Oct 15, 2010, 2:23 PM
Take good care of yourself Fran...and of Kate and the girls. Your humour will be missed....your wisdom and also your frankness. Now, I know it's only just over three months to Burn's Night.....but do promise me, that you will not go out hunting Haggis! Poor things, they have such a raw deal....getting cooked and eaten 'n' all. :bigrin: Have a fantabulous Christmas and Hogmanay. many blessings go with you. :)

And there was me, thinking that the title meant a thread about potty training. :bigrin::rolleyes::tongue:

DuckiesDarling
Oct 15, 2010, 3:53 PM
Fran, I have enjoyed getting to know you on here. You have become like my sister and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You do what you need to do for you and for your happiness with Kate and your girls. When you come back we'll open a new bottle of cognac and have a hell of a party.

Hugs and kisses and pats in places not mentioned.

void()
Oct 15, 2010, 4:20 PM
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Fran )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hope you do return, soon enough, aye. Run 'er slow as ye need, luv. Kin n kooth be here when ye be, Tues washala.

csrakate
Oct 15, 2010, 4:28 PM
Mumsie is going to miss her precious lil' tart!!! Do take care and please stay in touch. Much love to you, Kate and the girls!!!

The "OTHER" Kate...:)

texasman6172003
Oct 15, 2010, 4:47 PM
Fran my dear,Do what you have to do. We and the site will be here when you get back. You know i love ya Fran,like many other's here do.We await your return. Take care of your self and your family!!!

12voltman59
Oct 15, 2010, 5:28 PM
I completely understand your feelings, Frannie. Earlier this year I posted up that I was taking a break from the site--and I did for a time----even though I have come back--I am not as active here as I once was---but I do not seem to be able to totally get away from here altogether.

Enjoy your break and see ya when ya come back.

Doggiestyle
Oct 15, 2010, 8:45 PM
Hey there, I hope you enjoy your trip and who knows? If and when you do come back to visit, maybe this site will be more like what you envisioned!! HUH?
Anyway you should stop by every now and then just to lurk and keep your profile in effect. And even though you would probably find it difficult, leave the "comments" to others, if you could do so, you could remain anonymous and still alive here at the same time. :bigrin:

I myself admit that I am not much count at this site... I'm no good at the chat room cause by the time that I get something typed in, then the conversation has progressed to something else and I'll wind chiming in with a comment too late. In the forums, I find it very difficult to get a word in edgewise between all the controversy, and the explaining why they are so correct in such great detail that all the threads become an equivalent to a multiple-chapter book. I guess that what I am really saying is that. In order to remain - sane here at the Bi.Com, "ya just gotta be tough enough":rolleyes:

I gotta admit that I'll miss trying to figure out and decipher what you are trying to say, when you usually make a post! Because sometimes the "Fran talk" becomes a pleasant challenge for me to comprehend!!! :cool:

Always your friend, :doggie:

Hephaestion
Oct 16, 2010, 4:44 AM
Stick to the motorways; we did. These have 24hr toilets so that you can take a wee break at anytime.

Edinburgh has cobbled streets and one-way systems that cause people and SatNav systems to go into apoplexy. The buildings would appear better suited to Transylvania in places. Daybreak with the clouds hugging the highland. Got to return there. Where else could one find pink upholstery?

Take care.

sammie19
Oct 16, 2010, 6:10 AM
I have noticed a quietening of that loathing and resentment of late in forums, happily, but it is still there I think, certainly in the outside real world.

This part of Fran's post I find quite revealing. There have been several incidents recently where she has found herself in conflict with bisexual people. In the most recent she and Kate were jostled and harrassed over a pub lunch in Newcastle which left both of them seething with anger and resentment and the children visibly shaken.

I haven't seen or spoken to either of them for a couple of weeks but wonder if this latest incident tipped her over the edge and made her mind up regarding taking stock and giving the site a rest.

Whatever has made you decide finally to take a break Fran, hurry back. You are the proverbial pain in the butt but at times are an island of sanity and also of insanity that we would not like to lose. Much luv. :)