PDA

View Full Version : Dehli Commonwealth Games

tenni
Oct 7, 2010, 7:12 AM
I know that most posters are from countries that don't take part in the Commonwealth Games but for those who do or even countries that don't.

What type of reports are you getting from the games?

I'd have to write that they seem to be the most negative that I've ever read. There seems to have been so many problems that the problems have overshadowed any success that Canucks are having at these games.

The Commonwealth Games have always been the less well known games when compared to the Olympics. However, it is quite unfortunate that so much reporting is negative. This morning's headlines is about fifteen atheletes getting ill from having been in the pool(s). Last night television reported on how a handicapped woman with crutches was being prevented from getting through the security. The events seem to have few people in the stands. Before the games, reports were about how filthy the atheletes room were and how they were not ready. Some atheletes delayed or didn't go.

On a more positive note, it is not reported that there has been a terrorist attack. The silence in that area is good. Canadian atheletes were told not to wear their country uniforms outside of the events and atheletic villages due to possible attacks from terrorists in India.

Hephaestion
Oct 7, 2010, 10:38 AM
The opening of the games was covered in full - impressive even with the goofs.

We get daily reports - currently the athletes are being struck low with bad attacks of Dehli Belly.

darkeyes
Oct 7, 2010, 6:31 PM
*yawns*

'bout the most excitin thing 2 come from the Commonwealth games is this lil gem 'out sum Kiwi dick shit arse'ole...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11490699

DuckiesDarling
Oct 7, 2010, 7:02 PM
I've been following it on Stuff.co.nz and the pictures they have released of the accommodations were appalling. Everyone pointing fingers at everyone else but the bottom line is the athletes were definitely thrown off their game by having to clean a place before they could even practice or train.

tenni
Oct 7, 2010, 7:11 PM
darkeyes post 3
Ok...not sure if it was racist or not of the NZ reporter but....the little boy in me could not help but laugh at her name.....then again we lesser mortals do that :tongue: You "greater mortals" should not laugh or find it funny ;) Next you will be blaming we "lesser mortals" for corrupting you...lol

Ms Dikshit...ya sure keep a straight face while reading her name and looking at her photo.

It ain't easy.

DuckiesDarling
Oct 7, 2010, 7:28 PM
Oh believe me, Tenni, Paul Henry was being racist, but then he's racist about most everything. He's the Howard Sterns or Don Imus of New Zealand.

Long Duck Dong
Oct 7, 2010, 9:11 PM
lol I know the commonwealth games is full of issues, but this is one I never thought I would read about

Games-athletes-applauded-for-lots-of-sex (http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/commonwealth-games/4209918/Games-athletes-applauded-for-lots-of-sex)

I guess the athletes are really getting screwed at the commonwealth games... :tong:

DuckiesDarling
Oct 7, 2010, 9:13 PM
lol I know the commonwealth games is full of issues, but this is one I never thought I would read about

Games-athletes-applauded-for-lots-of-sex (http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/commonwealth-games/4209918/Games-athletes-applauded-for-lots-of-sex)

I guess the athletes are really getting screwed at the commonwealth games... :tong:

and on the heels of that some pics..

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/commonwealth-games/4211051/Commonwealth-Games-hotties

darkeyes
Oct 8, 2010, 7:38 AM
and on the heels of that some pics..

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/commonwealth-games/4211051/Commonwealth-Games-hotties

Oooo maybe me shud take up hockey 'gain.. sum luffly lufflies ther..

.. but cudntcha hav censored the pic a the Northern Irish decathlete? Lookin at Charlie Wales missus is almost enuff 2 turn a girl str8!!!:eek:

DuckiesDarling
Oct 8, 2010, 9:57 AM
Oooo maybe me shud take up hockey 'gain.. sum luffly lufflies ther..

.. but cudntcha hav censored the pic a the Northern Irish decathlete? Lookin at Charlie Wales missus is almost enuff 2 turn a girl str8!!!:eek:

ROFLMAO, Fran. Sorry me dear but that was on a website and no way to cut out Mrs. Horseface or I most certainly would have done it.

darkeyes
Oct 8, 2010, 10:22 AM
ROFLMAO, Fran. Sorry me dear but that was on a website and no way to cut out Mrs. Horseface or I most certainly would have done it.

Glad 2 hear it.. next time pick anotha site.. hee hee.

Few years ago wos at a party an a cuppla girls who were membas of Scotlands 2006 Games swimmin team wer ther.. 1 wos very def REELLY cute!! Fran wos foot loose an fancy free in those days an tried 'er luck wiv 1.. the REELLY cute 1.. thot we wer gettin 'long like a house on fire until me bruvvas m8 appeared.. wos dropped like tonna bricks an they went off togetha inta the sunset faces glued 2getha wiv araldite.. leavin me bereft.. how cud she????

..daft cow isn in this year's team.. serves 'er rite for not bein sensible, an takin off wiv a lesser mortal wen she cudda had me!!!..

CuddlyKate
Oct 8, 2010, 11:25 AM
Very distressing for you, dear, I'm sure. With a little more thought possibly you would realise just how differently your life would be had you gone off with your little swimmer? Every action has a consequence, and so your life, and that of others would have taken a different, possibly very different path. Think who you may not be with now had your brother's friend not ruined your evening? Hmmmm? Brain in gear Frances, please. ;)

darkeyes
Oct 8, 2010, 11:52 AM
Very distressing for you, dear, I'm sure. With a little more thought possibly you would realise just how differently your life would be had you gone off with your little swimmer? Every action has a consequence, and so your life, and that of others would have taken a different, possibly very different path. Think who you may not be with now had your brother's friend not ruined your evening? Hmmmm? Brain in gear Frances, please. ;)

She wosn lil me luffly... she towered ova me an wos TALL!!! Anya kno how me adores TALL!!!

..but the thot hadn occurred 2 me.. so all me can say is... noooooooooooo!!!:eek: Brain has clicked inta gear yummie 1...:bigrin:

slipnslide
Oct 8, 2010, 4:57 PM
These Games seem like such a disaster. I was reading about the pool problems today and all the sick swimmers.. . .sheesh.

darkeyes
Oct 9, 2010, 7:27 AM
These Games seem like such a disaster. I was reading about the pool problems today and all the sick swimmers.. . .sheesh.

I'm not sure they are a disaster exactly.. but they seem not to have their problems to seek...

The Games are here in 4 years.. Glasgow.. must make note.. be on holiday somewhere warm and far away.. Olympics in London in 2.. note for holidays already made... France too close *sigh*... so nice desert island somewhere with no telly, radio or newspapers seems like the very dab...:)