PDA

View Full Version : Changed my avatar

Realist
Oct 1, 2010, 8:06 PM
After 3 people thought I was a lady, recently, I decided to change avatars.

I loved that Renoir portrait, but guess it's best that I have a male photo.

This is a photo that some pilots circulated, when I was in the Air Force. I carried this copy in my billfold for many years. I used to tell people this was my official photo when I was a pilot! (I was actually an automotive mechanic) I'd say I was 23 when this was taken!

The story I was told was; Pilots, coming back from a night on the town, found this dead drunk, toothless, wino and took him to the BOQ*, scrubbed him until he was pink, threw away his filthy clothes, then gave him an old flight suit. When he came to, they put a helmet on him and took this photo. At one time, these photos were everywhere.

Under the picture there was a caption: "Sleep tight tonight, your Air Force is Awake!"

So now, you know the rest of the story.

*BOQ= Bachelor Officer's Quarters

DuckiesDarling
Oct 1, 2010, 8:51 PM
Awww I liked the Renoir portrait as well. It's not your fault people can't see the little couple symbol cause they were too distracted by the beauty of the painting.

NotLostJustWandering
Oct 1, 2010, 9:14 PM
It's hard to make out at that size. More contrast would help. I see what you mean about the gender confusion; with couples you always have to guess at first which one is writing. I thought it slightly odd -- but really nothing on the scale of oddness here -- that you were using a female picture to represent yourself.

Realist
Oct 1, 2010, 10:37 PM
I'm no where near a computer whiz, Notlost....or I'd see if I could lighten that avatar up a little. You're right, that is a sorry photo. I may come up with another one, later. Snidely Whiplash is one of my heroes, maybe I'll use him! Actually, my technical abilities haven't progressed past about 1970, so I think I'm doing pretty well, here!

Hephaestion
Oct 2, 2010, 6:59 AM
Well your profile is clear enough - and a handsome devil you are too.

fredtyg
Oct 2, 2010, 9:30 AM
After 3 people thought I was a lady, recently,

I wish it was set up in here so that it would say "male" or "female" next to the username. It would save some confusion.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Oct 2, 2010, 1:19 PM
It can indicate if you are male or female. Where your avatar is, there is a place where you can put a caption. Type in there male-place, ect. :}
Cat