PDA

View Full Version : Nudists and swingers at war in France's 'Naked City'

TaylorMade
Sep 24, 2010, 6:20 PM
Nudists and swingers at war in France's 'Naked City' (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/8019627/Nudists-and-swingers-at-war-in-Frances-Naked-City.html)

6:30AM BST
23 Sep 2010
Telegraph.com

EXCERPT:

Tensions in the town of Cap d'Agde, which is known as France's "Naked City" thanks to its large nudist population, have risen after locals complained that the nudist quarter had been overrun by raunchy hotels and that children had been confronted with people indulging in sexual acts in public, according to the Independent.
The exhibitionist behaviour has been blamed on the "libertines", a group of swingers who have descended on the town in recent years.
To make matters worse, the group has been accused of walking about in their clothes and mocking the "real" nudists, the paper said.
Florence Denestebe, an independent local councillor, recently told a council meeting: "When the sun shines, there is an area of Cap d'Agde which turns into the European capital of free sex."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We once had a thread about nudism a year or so ago. . .about some of the surprisingly buttoned-down attitudes nudists had.

Any members wanna weigh in?
(Link to the rest of the story is in the title)

*Taylor*

DuckiesDarling
Sep 24, 2010, 6:22 PM
hmmm last I heard from Fran she was heading to France to protest them kicking the Roms out, wonder if she dove into this and that's why we haven't heard from her in a bit :tong:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 24, 2010, 6:41 PM
Well this is something that has been going on for a long time btwn the swingers and nudist communities. The nudists arent swingers and the swingers arent all nudists, so they kind of have this anonimousity among them. I've see it before when a group I was in attended a Nudist facility up here. (www.Arcadianaturally.com)
The nudists looked down on us swingers because we werent all total nudists, and some of us kept a bit of clothing on. They felt we didnt deserve to rent our acre of land, and be next to them because there would undoubtedly be sex of whatever vile kind(s) going on in out tents and Rv's. :rolleyes: It was funny, for when we were BBQing and dancing, there was many of them looking over the hedge openly to see what "Those swinger people" were all about. I was even mean and turned on the small fan to blow the scent of sauteed onions, green peppers, squashes and bass in their direction to torture them, and to drive them crazy with the scents of our delicious cooking..LMAO.
After them watching for a couple of hours, a few sauntered over and paid their admission to join in the festivities, (We were raising funds for Childhood Diabetes) and a couple even found those of us to spend the night with..lol
We werent so different from them, and by the time the weekend was over with there wasnt any more us/them/we/they, it was just people, and it was a beautiful thing..:}
Cat

Falke
Sep 28, 2010, 11:10 AM
We werent so different from them, and by the time the weekend was over with there wasnt any more us/them/we/they, it was just people, and it was a beautiful thing..:}
Cat

Pretty much. I have been to both sides of the fence and things are a bit different on either side. The real issue that nudists take with swingers really isn't personal. It's more the issue that nudists feel that they have to be almost puritanical in their views of sex due to the almost impossible task of separating nudity and sex in the public's eyes (In the US anyway). Fear of having some group or another trying to shut down resorts/beaches even without mis-conduct occurring keeps this barrier up in the eyes of many nudists when really, there is no need for it.

One thing that going to both sides of the fence did re-affirm is that yes, nudity=/= sex and also there is a time and place for everything. If you act appropriately in the right setting then what's the problem?

TaylorMade
Sep 28, 2010, 11:53 AM
Pretty much. I have been to both sides of the fence and things are a bit different on either side. The real issue that nudists take with swingers really isn't personal. It's more the issue that nudists feel that they have to be almost puritanical in their views of sex due to the almost impossible task of separating nudity and sex in the public's eyes (In the US anyway). Fear of having some group or another trying to shut down resorts/beaches even without mis-conduct occurring keeps this barrier up in the eyes of many nudists when really, there is no need for it.

One thing that going to both sides of the fence did re-affirm is that yes, nudity=/= sex and also there is a time and place for everything. If you act appropriately in the right setting then what's the problem?

Looks like that puritanical attitude is common in. . . Europe. Who knew? :p

*Taylor*

tenni
Sep 28, 2010, 12:00 PM
I don't live a naturist's lifestyle nor a swingers' lifestyle. I have been to naturist camps and played tennis at one my friends belonged to. I am aware from my friends that there is this difference. "Swingers" do seem to "take over" a naturist's camp where I live. The place gets a reputation and naturists do not want to go. Remembering that the park was set up as a naturists park, it seems unfortunate. A few years back, the Swingers' were kicked out of one naturist's park and set up "renting" the hall of another one down the road. Saturday nights became a time when those who lived in the park or had memberships would vacate the restaurant by 6 pm. Anyone who was not aware that swinging was going on who was a member was shocked if they went into the restaurant. Rooms would be rented out to swingers instead of naturists on Saturday night. Now, if a member or visiting naturist rented out a room usually, I don't know how they felt about the change. Naturists promote that being nude is natural and as someone stated this conflicts with an attitude that nakedness being sexualized. There are protocols for naked men who get hard and what is expected. If you get an erection and do not cover it up you may be asked to leave the park. Children live with their parents in naturist's parks and may be naked from the age of a todler. They are raised on the premise that nudity is natural. I have friends who are naturists and attended pool parties where nudity is common. Socializing nude is common if you are accepted into their friendship. Their children are grown but none have carried on the naturist's lifestyle as their parents practice(Europeans by the way). The boys do tend to go nude when they visit their parents at the camp so I'm told. Usually, by the teen years boys tend to cover up to avoid those unavoidable erections. This couple look at the sexualization of nudity as a form of prudish or puritancial beliefs of North America. Sex yes but not sexualizing nudity. The men will tell dirty jokes and things. Commenting on a person's body does happen but no more than commenting on a clothed person. There is rarely dirty comments about the size of breasts or penis. Actually, I've never heard anything of that type.

How then can naturists accept swinging and the sexualization of nudity?

binjlooking
Sep 28, 2010, 3:35 PM
I spent many years going to Torrey Pines State Beach in San DIego California. Also known as Blacks Beach. Public displays of affection were not uncommon but of course the Lifeguards or Park Rangers might object. Personally I like to be discreet. There was some small friction with a couple of people (males) who basically wanted to have sex out in the open and would vandalize and eventually burn the Beach Bulletin Board as well as threats of violence. Alot of people in the Teaching Proffession were also swingers but did not have an attitude about it. Great Beach! CHeck it out!

NickandAngie
Mar 13, 2012, 3:11 PM
Has anyone here been to Cap d'Agde, just wondered if there were any clubs/saunas there where you can find bi guys?