PDA

View Full Version : Buying a web-cam

tinman714
Apr 9, 2006, 5:11 PM
Hello everyone, I have been thinking of buying a web-cam. The only problem is that I really know nothing about them, and I have seen them priced at alot of different levels. What should I be looking for and/or staying away from. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Long Duck Dong
Apr 9, 2006, 11:42 PM
mmm webcams, lol you wanna see them in action in the store first... lol try before you buy... and if the shop assistant is good looking, try them out too lol

I don't use a webcam, I actually set up my digi cam ( x 10 optical x 6 digital 4.2 megapixels ) and use that as a webcam, lol... it can run as a vid cam ( 1 gig card gives me up to 7 hours of vid time ) as well and I can make private hi carity masturabation vids for people

I find it is far superior to any webcam I have seen

meteast chick
Apr 10, 2006, 11:37 AM
I don't know what quality you're going for, but I just purchased a $30 Logitech Quickcam IM webcam from Walmart that has a perfectly clear picture, takes photos as well as video. It also came with bonus headphones. For my purposes, it is perfect. It was easy to install and I used it the same hour that I installed it.

That's my :2cents: .
luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxo
meteast

DÆMØN
Apr 11, 2006, 12:35 AM
Grab one of these Babies ! Thems AWESOME ! LOGITECH QUICKCAM ORBIT !
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/productlist/US/EN,crid=2203&categoryid=17

Webcams have been around for quite a while, but when it comes down to it they're generally among the least evolved part of a desktop. These static devices sit on top of your monitor or at some other vantage point and stare blindly in one direction, waiting for you to take center stage. Imagine what could be done if a webcam were intuitive enough handle very low light situations, adjust its angle without use of a mouse, and even follow you as you move? Imagine no more: Check comp liquidators to cheepies can be had for sometimes under $100 .... note these cams are FABULOUS ! even if yer paying FULL price its WORTH it , I've been using them for 2 yrs now and I won't use nothing else :bigrin:

FSJeepguy
Apr 15, 2006, 4:56 PM
OK, let's take this a step further.
If I get a web cam (probably will) what sites/where can I go to hook up with others that have them?
Not looking for pay sites if free ones exist.
:bigrin:

tinman714
Feb 11, 2008, 11:44 PM
Hey Jeepguy, we are about a half an hour from one another, why on earth are we worried about webcams??? It would most definatly be more fun in person!!:tongue:

Tony

blackout
Feb 12, 2008, 9:43 AM
I just bought a Logitech Quickcam connect last week and its great. Good clear image, built in microphone, and a seperate headset. Paid 35 euros for it (that's about 50 US)

mrplayfuluk
Feb 12, 2008, 1:26 PM
OK, let's take this a step further.
If I get a web cam (probably will) what sites/where can I go to hook up with others that have them?
Not looking for pay sites if free ones exist.
:bigrin:

www.mand8.com
or www.ivisit.com for all

Macusers

www.ichatnaked.com

www.ichatters.com

www.ichatgay.com