PDA

View Full Version : New here...

KiKi317
Sep 13, 2010, 2:01 AM
Hey everyone, I'm (obviously) new here. :) You can call me KiKi~

I've known I was bi for several years now, but never really faced the issue or dealt with it. That changed for me this summer when I fell for one of my best friends, who also claimed to be bi. However, for her, being bi means she'll sleep with girls, but doesn't want any relationships with them. She ultimately wants to date and marry a man, so obviously I'm out of luck. She knows how I feel and everything, but that hasn't changed anything. She'll get physically intimate with me, but made sure I knew there was nothing more behind it than friendship.

And as cliched as it sounds, it's hard to get over. This is the first time I've ever found a girl I liked this much and the first time I've ever had my heart broken. I'm not out to anyone in my life because I come from a conservative background and most of the people in my life and in my area look down upon anything other than heterosexuality. So it's only made it worse having no one to talk to about it. (Also worse because I have NO idea how to meet other bi people...)

But anyway, sorry to be so depressing! I'm generally a very happy person and pretty easy to get along with. It's nice to meet all of you~ Hopefully we can be friends. :)

gen11
Sep 13, 2010, 4:36 AM
Kiki,

Welcome to the site. I'm a grumpy ole coot male, so I haven't much advice to give you. You'll find a lot of support from the women here, though.

I guess there is one caution I might offer: when you're choosing your on-line women friends, look for the ones that seem to walk what they talk, and aren't harsh or condescending to those who have "issues" they aren't troubled by themselves. This site is founded most deeply on the principles of tolorance and acceptance and is in actuality steeped in it, but there are a few users who, if poked, reveal themselves as very judgmental.

Jackofalltrades
Sep 13, 2010, 6:45 AM
WELCOME!!

Realist
Sep 13, 2010, 7:28 AM
Kiki, Welcome!

You've found a wonderful place to air your interests, needs, and frustrations. You're not the only one here with identical concerns and I hope you find some answers, too.

Sadly, you can't make someone love you the way you want to be loved. I assume you're young, hopefully, this will be a lesson you can take with you and not repeat. If she is your first, whatever you shared with her will be with you for the rest of your life.

If you develop a profile, it'll help someone know a little bit about you and maybe some lady with similar desires here will contact you.

I came here hoping to find a male lover, but ended up with the most magnificent relationship of my life, with a bisexual lady! We met right here in 2008. So miracles do happen!

Good luck and again, welcome.

Riclv1
Sep 13, 2010, 7:58 AM
Kiki,

I guess there is one caution I might offer: when you're choosing your on-line women friends, look for the ones that seem to walk what they talk, and aren't harsh or condescending to those who have "issues" they aren't troubled by themselves. This site is founded most deeply on the principles of tolorance and acceptance and is in actuality steeped in it, but there are a few users who, if poked, reveal themselves as very judgmental.

That is very well put!!

And Welcome!!! :)

NotLostJustWandering
Sep 13, 2010, 10:04 AM
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find lots of support and information here. Just ignore the provocateurs.

I wonder why your friend will have sex with other girls but not have relationships. If it's intimacy issues, you gave my sympathy. It sucks to fall for such people. If, on the other hand, she is shunting aside the possibility of having a gf because she thinks it will get in the way of finding a male partner, send her here, too. We'll inform her.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 13, 2010, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the family Sweetie. ;)
Cat

Billys_gurl
Sep 13, 2010, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the site and forums, KiKi. Hopefully you will make a lot of friends here and get some great advice.

I read the responses and was intrigued to see that not a single lady had responded. It was couples and men. Well, I guess that will make me the first. :)
I know how you feel KiKi. I still am extremely attracted to a lady that i went to school with. She wants to remain friends but is dating another younger lady now. It hurts to know that she is aware that I like her so much and, at times, it feels like she is flaunting in my face. Am I making any sense? Your friend is bis-sexual, she says, yet she seems to want no emotional attachment to whomever she sleeps with. There is no way that a friend with benefits can survive a relationship like that. There needs to be some feeling there be it love or something else. It is hard to meet others who live our life style no matter where you live if you don't go out and try to meet people. Find the local clubs, groups, or anything else. Go out, have fun, and sometimes people will find you.

onewhocares
Sep 13, 2010, 2:24 PM
Sending you a big ole welcome from Boston.

Belle

littlerayofsunshine
Sep 13, 2010, 2:32 PM
Hey there :) And Welcome to the site. I'm not sure where you are located in Pa, but I found some links for you if you wish to check out. Might see some meet and greets or discussion meetings you would like to attend. I hope that it helps.. Nice to meet you also. I don't have any advice regarding your lady friend. Women run the bi rainbow just like others. She can't really give you what you desire, so going out and enjoying meeting people in a pressure free experience may be a new foot in the door for you.. Good luck to you~~

http://www.centralpalgbtcenter.org/

http://www.gaycityusa.com/Pennsylvania.htm

http://lgbtpa.net/

Billys_gurl
Sep 13, 2010, 2:53 PM
Welcome to the family Sweetie. ;)
Cat

Darn it Cat, you beat my post! OK i wasn't the first girl to post! :tong::tongue::bigrin:;)