PDA

View Full Version : Remember 9-11 and those that have served and fallen since then

silberwolf1960
Sep 10, 2010, 2:52 PM
I ask all of us to remember that tragic day and to support and be proud of the folks fighting and dying and putting themselves in harm's way.
Remember the people in the towers and the 343 that died trying to save them. Thank you.

silberwolf1960
Sep 10, 2010, 3:00 PM
I ask all of us to remember that tragic day and to support and be proud of the folks fighting and dying and putting themselves in harm's way.
Remember the people in the towers and the 343 that died trying to save them. Thank you. Women and children sleep peacefully at night,because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

by~his~side
Sep 10, 2010, 3:16 PM
Every single day I remember that tragic day. Every day of my life since 9/11 I have thought of those poor souls in the airplanes, the towers, the Pentagon and the surrounding area where the towers fell.
Every day I have thought about the heros in uniforms who bravely did their jobs that day. And the heros in uniforms who are still fighting everyday for the values that are American.
Everyday. And tomorrow will be no different.

~D~

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 11, 2010, 7:46 PM
RIP Brothers and Sisters. A madman tried to cower the USA, what he did was to unite the world, Against Him.
Cat

mikey3000
Sep 11, 2010, 7:59 PM
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Realist
Sep 11, 2010, 10:56 PM
People who never knew what hit them were taken by vicious fanatics. Almost every nationality worked there. They were caught in the middle of something most of them had nothing to do with.

I was in a diner theater in Pennsylvania and they stopped the play to announce what happened.

I will never forget that day and the loss of so many innocent souls.

onewhocares
Sep 12, 2010, 10:10 AM
We shall NEVER forget.

Belle

Michigan_cpl
Sep 12, 2010, 10:20 AM
we all shall never forget 911. it has changed so any lives for ever,
god bless the u.s.a.

H0wardmoon
Sep 12, 2010, 12:46 PM
we all shall never forget 911. it has changed so any lives for ever,
god bless the u.s.a.

God (whoever your God is, or whatever you believe) bless EVERYONE.

void()
Sep 12, 2010, 5:47 PM
At my wife's grandfather's on that morning. We had planned some work, timbering or something outside. May have been the day I was supposed to have welded his tractor's grill bar assembly. At any given we had came back into his house to just catch the weather, grab a cup of Joe. "Turn that silly box on, Barn, catch the weather." "Sir."

We saw the first plane hit. "Must have been some type of accident. Had to have been, huh Barn?"

Then the second one hit. I almost fell to the floor if not for him kicking a chair out to catch myself on. Silence filled his kitchen, two old tired dogs sat and watched in horror, in shock, in rage, in sorrow, there was no explaining or knowing what we felt.

Then one heading to D.C., training rebooted. "They got Wild Weasel and his screamers air-born by now." "Yes sir, Barn, They got to have them scrambled."

"We're getting word the Dulles, Alexandria, Chesapeake air squadrons have been issued a stand down."

By now he and I both had rifles in hand. We ran the list. "You got Chris?"

"If you ain't the hills by dusk boy you won't ever see her again."

But then a sense of order started coming around in the next few minutes. We held fast, rifles slowly were set aside. One over PA had been downed by passengers. The FAA had issued everything grounded. The one over D.C. had only got the Pentagon.

Yes, it was a rough day. No coffee before that, and I don't think anyone got any that day. We couldn't work. It was too much.

Doggie_Wood
Sep 12, 2010, 8:16 PM
My flag was flown at half mast yesterday . . . and is still flying as of this writing.

9 years ago yesterday, a travesty took place in New York, Washington DC and Pennsylvania. A day of infamy.

Our country was attacked . . on our very own soil. And many lives were lost.

Extremist faction(s) of an Islamic religion that many to this day still do not fully understand, demonstrated their true cowardice. They succeeded in doing what they have tried to do several times before . . . they finally got our government's attention that they are coming after us . . . The United States of America . . . and ALL western styled civilization.

I do not harbor ill will against Muslims or the Islamic religion as a whole.

Am I tolerant of them? - - - Yes, I tend to think so.

Do I trust them? - - - As long as I have them in eye sight, but other than that . . . . . NO! !

Will I EVER FORGET! ! HELL NO! ! !

Fair warning to those that would provoke jihad on this person . . . I coat my ammunition in pork lard or pig blood!

Doggie :doggie:

Kiowa_Pacer
Sep 12, 2010, 9:03 PM
This hits home for me so much, for I lost a cousin in that attack. It was heinous, blood-thirsty blow that devistated our family to no end. We had just seen him the weekend before we moved here to Washington, and the news was just unbelieveable to us all. I wish no evil on anyone, but I know that Karma comes around to those who do evil things and has a tendancy to bite one in the ass---and I sincerely hope it does to anyone involved in the 911 attacks. And to those who planned it.

And it is my personal opinion that building a Muslim mosque at ground zero is a slap in the fact of every american, and ever person who lost someone in that horrible happening.

Kit