PDA

View Full Version : RARITY OF OLDER BISEXUAL PEOPLE AMAZES ME

secretsucr
Apr 7, 2006, 11:42 AM
After joining this website last year, I hoped to finally be able to actively participate in a secret lifestyle I have thought about for many years prior. The number of bi people located in my area appears to be surprisely low. Either that, or else my approach is wrong. About 6 months ago I posted a couple of risque pics of myself, thinking it may increase the number of contacts I received. Boy was I wrong. Still a “dead cat bounce” of activity. Don’t mean to sound like a whiner here, but was wondering what other guys and gals in the 50-60 y/o age bracket across the country are experiencing in the way of compatible new contacts. Oh, and bi the way, I don’t want to try contacting the gay community of else I would have already done that. Also I miss Yahoo user created rooms. That used to be good for at least an occasional bi contact, when tempered with patience.

mrplayfuluk
Apr 7, 2006, 12:24 PM
have you tried www.silverdaddies.com?

Sparks
Apr 8, 2006, 10:17 AM
Check out Drew's tips on posting an ad. I seem to see more bi people on line from your neck of the woods, than here in California. Have you tried bisexulal.org? I was succesful a few years back with an ad there. By the way, nice pics in your profile. That's just my kind of lotion :-). Hang in there. You'll find him, her, or both.

Biboz49
Apr 8, 2006, 1:30 PM
Hey secretsucr, I suspect there are many more bi people in your area than you realize. As you probably know by now the majority of bi guys stay pretty much in the closet. Except for sporting the bi colors on my key chain I stay in the closet as well. We're lucky to have a few bi friends both male and female and I'm out only to them. So that makes it very difficult to find other bi guys or a couple where the guy is bi. We meet and find contacts at parties, and also from web sites like this one, bisexual.com. We were very fortunate when another bi couple contacted us through this web site and a fantastic friendship has developed. The same has happened from another local web site. It's easier to make contacts as a couple, but not impossible. So if there is anything I can offer is to hang in there and stay active on the web sites. Thats seems to work for us. BTW I also love your pics and your profile. :bigrin: I'm sure you won't have any problems attracting guys. :tongue:

dudleydorite222
Apr 8, 2006, 5:54 PM
:three: :three: Hi, As an older Bi and have been for years, everyone wants to be young. They don't realize that when we reach my age we definately know how to please our partners. Most call us trolls or other nasty names. But we are here

CountryLover
Apr 8, 2006, 6:29 PM
well, I don't know about upstate New York, but I found my bi sweetie here in south Texas. I'm turning 50 this year, and he's just turned 54. I've been bi active about 11 yrs, he's been bi active since his teens.

I was part of an internet circle of bi married friends for nearly 10 yrs before it gradually disbanded. We held annual reunions that were an enormous success and I'm still in touch with a lot of my bi guys.

HMmmm I have a couple delightful bi guy friends in Cherry Hill NJ and that area - I don't suppose that's anywhere close to you? They're in our age bracket also.

peaceful
Apr 8, 2006, 11:14 PM
script mt bold
And it sure can get fustrating when some other bisexuals say oh sure lets talk
but that is as far as it ever goes. Being bi has enough problems regarding any
relationship we want to get into with anyone else, but being older really makes
it even more difficult. Like was already said we older guys make a much better
sexual companion as we know what it is all about and how to enjoy life.
So hey all you younger folks out there if you want real fun in life give an old
bi person a try, you will like it !!!! Personally I prefere people closer to my
own age ( I am a 62 yr old single man ) as compatibility is better .

danblamblam
Apr 8, 2006, 11:29 PM
I think it might have been the socks.

anda692
Apr 9, 2006, 12:04 AM
I'm from upstate NY, about 70 miles from where you are. I live in a very small town really out in the middle of nowhere and have hooked up with bi men my age (middle fifties). Am now talking to 4 people from this site. Will I meet with any or all of them, we don't know yet. I can only suggest that you keep trying. I am amazed at the number of Bi people that are my age. Perhaps the question needs to be asked, how many people have you contacted? We are here, just look for us. Lynn

ghytifrdnr
Apr 9, 2006, 3:05 AM
I sympathize with you on how difficult it can be to find suitable contacts, although I have to imagine that you'd find it easier living in a highly populated area like you do than where I live in a rural area only a couple of miles from the boundry of a federal wilderness area. But I have had pretty good luck by searching on Adultfriendfinder.com. If you are curious, send me an e-mail and I'll give you my profile name.

ambi53mm
Apr 9, 2006, 4:02 AM
After joining this website last year, I hoped to finally be able to actively participate in a secret lifestyle I have thought about for many years prior. The number of bi people located in my area appears to be surprisely low. Either that, or else my approach is wrong.

I came here with the same intentions originally. I came from a swinger site that has a bisexual population but a very strong double standard when it comes to male bisexuality. My thoughts were that by coming to a site like this that I would be among others like myself, therefore my chances of finding those to hookup with would be greater.
A few things have changed since coming here but perhaps the biggest change has been within myself. The desire for just a sexual hookup has been replaced with a desire to have a relationship that has more substance. This site has been instrumental in creating that chage within. it's given me the insights into something greater and that as enjoyable as sex may be when it does occur, just sex for the purpose of sex no longer fills the needs I have.
This site has a very large population but it's very spread out. If you took the total membership and put them all in the state of Florida where I reside it's still very spread out because Florida is a big state. Time and distance have become my biggest obstacles. I work 60 hours a week and have a family that has needs as well so my time is split as it is. Anything short of a 40 min distance maybe an hour at the most makes forming any kind of a meaningful relationship almost logistically impossible. It's not to detract from the online relationships that I enjoy...but because of the tiime and distance, they have limitations..the majority of people on this site I will never meet in person and I accept that limitation and enjoy the exchanges of thought and opinions expressed..but you can't have the kind of relationship I'm seeking based simply on that.
Florida seems to have a very large population of bisexuals so maybe my chances are better than say someone that lives in an area with less of a population. The odds are just too great I believe but there's the hope that maybe I'm wrong.
I don't think age is as big a factor. I'm 55 now and have found that people in my age group that are exploring their sexuality seem more abundant that probably any age group because for many of us like you, have nursed these fantasies for years. We are strongly aware of our mortality and as someone mentioned the other day to me..the clock is ticking...Accepting the fact that this body is aging...changing...sagging...sometimes aching LOL
is a hard reality but enevitable..we all will grow old and die if we're lucky. I'm happy in my marriage and the realtionship I have with my wife..anything beyond that is just icing on the cake.
Out.com/adultfriendfinders may be a possibility Secretsucr.. it's more geographical oriented with people looking for the same thing..you'll have to pay to make it worth your while because their free memberships are a joke.
Best of luck and safe journey.

Ambi :)

rupertbare
Apr 9, 2006, 4:13 AM
((((((((((Ambi)))))))))))

As ever, a brilliant and thoughtful insight of a reply!!!!!!

Nothing I can add really.

But there sure seems to be a lot of us in our 50's on site.......just hope you have some luck out there!!!!!!!!

Rupe :)

smokey
Apr 9, 2006, 8:28 AM
I'm 50 and I am bi...I'm a rarity? Put me on the endangered speices list then. :bigrin:

becksbolero
Apr 9, 2006, 10:18 AM
53v and bi oral a few times over the years,much preferably with a woman involved.

Goldenrod
Apr 9, 2006, 11:35 AM
Unfortunately, the best way to meet people is through face to face social activity. You could die of old age before you score online. Fufilling your fantasies requires an outgoing personality and looks above a 5 and a love of travel for those who want to be discreet. I have improved my social skills and it has changed my life :)

GeorgeW6
Apr 10, 2006, 1:35 AM
There are many bi men of a certain age in the Baltimore-Washington area

This is a good subject :bipride: for all of us to think about. Without the Internet, I probably would still be wondering if I was gay, even though I am not. I wouldn't know that, or even know that there is such a thing as bisexuality among men and women. Since civilian and military jobs, as well as government contractor jobs, dominate here, it is a wonder that ANYONE would admit to being GLBT around here. Even being straight, with kinkiness or open-mindedness throw in, can get a person thrown out of work.

Since I have never restricted myself, I feel that the large community of gay and bi people is enough for my bi appetite and of most everyone's appetites. I am also a T Gurl which adds to the mix.

However, I've never had good luck in finding a good, long term friendship, sexual or non-sexual, with a desirable man or woman who knows of my sexual identity. That probably is due to my shyness, age (55+ senior discounts) sexual preferences and now ED. I am just not getting out and enjoying the company of others.

If I wanted to, there are many opportunities for sex hookups with men, but I seem to prefer staying home. Ahhhh, another issue. I am too much of a coach potato.

I would urge all bi men and women to spend enough time on the Internet to find out where the bi sites are. Check out the adult Yahoo groups. There are Bi groups to join and that usually leads to finding more. Afterwards it leads to finding friends.

Good luck in upstate NY. I think it might be the snow. :tongue:

JohnnyV
Apr 18, 2006, 10:08 PM
I don't know where in upstate you are, but this is really a region of the country where you settle down once you have a relationship. It's hard to find a partner unless you're willing to play by straight or gay rules. That's what I've found. Maybe you can bite the bullet and put up with gay stuff for a while, til you find the right mate.

J

GeorgeW6
Apr 20, 2006, 4:33 PM
I just happened to go back on MSN for the first time in what I thought were months, but actually less than a month. I have given some thought here to the 'finding male or female partners who want to have some kind of bi relationships. I feel that one reply was almost certainly true - bi couples (at least one partner is bi and happily open to the other) have a better chance to finding
partner(s).

Of course this type of relationship must have a great foundation of trust in order to survive.

I am no longer a couple, but my wife was tolerable and probably would have accepted my life style or joined it with another woman, as we matured and learned.

Now, it is me alone. For me it is not too hard to find a man online. Several said they wanted an intimate relationship. If married, usually the lying/coverup and scheduling turn me off.Some were so agressive I wonder they make any friendships. Everyone I've met or seriously considered has SEX first and foremost in looking. That is OK in some circumstances since eventually I will get to the sexual aspects.

Someone (me?) said get out socializing more. For straight people that is true and for gay, as well. How would I go about being and acting Bisexual? Where would I go? If I see someone I like, what then? Any good opening lines?

I think I will be dealing with this forever.

Luv you all, George

rod4fun
Apr 21, 2006, 1:54 PM
I find that many guys sort of discover they like to play with other guys at this age bracket ... lots of sites that list themselves as gay contacts are overwhelmingly populated with guys who say they are bi not gay ... have to admit that the most luck I've had meeting nearby guys online has be squirt and yahoo IM ... had lots of fun on awc and aff but it seems that being married to a gal who is not happy with this interest of mine limits the activity ... seems to me like the cherry hill area is very very active for bi guys
:2cents:

FSJeepguy
Apr 26, 2006, 5:22 PM
As a Biguy in my 50's I can tell you that many of us have come to discover this part of ourselves later in life. Don't have a clue as to why, it just happens.

I've met and chatted with a number of men in their 50's and 60's on here. Naturally since we all have similar ages we can relate to life issues on a different plane.