PDA

View Full Version : IU Recruiting for an Interesting Study on Sex between Women

CSHP_IndianaUniversi
Sep 6, 2010, 11:36 PM
Hello,
The Center for Sexual Health Promotion at Indiana University is conducting the Global Women’s Sex Study to learn more about the sexual lives, pleasures and experiences of women who have sex with other women.
The data will be used to help us understand the sex lives of women in the bedroom (and beyond) in order to promote better and safer sex between women. Current knowledge of sexual pleasure and risk between women is largely based on either heterosexual models of sex or relatively small groups of women which may not represent the thoughts/feelings/behaviors of you or your community
The information learned in this study will be used by sexual educators who want to promote pleasure and medical professionals who can help women identify ways to protect themselves from any risks— hopefully leading to safer and happier sex.
Click on the link below to learn more about the survey and to participate.
http://www.womenshealth.iu.edu

Thank you for your time.

Debby Herbenick, PhD, MPH
Vanessa Schick, PhD

The Center for Sexual Health Promotion
Indiana University
cshp@indiana.edu

*As a thank you for your time upon completion of the survey you will receive a thank you coupon good towards the purchase of products from a website that caters to women.
**My apologies if this is an inappropriate placement for this recruitment announcement. We are simply hoping to make our sample as representative as possible. Please feel free to delete if it is not appropriate.
***This study is open to all. Please feel free to pass it along

littlerayofsunshine
Sep 7, 2010, 12:18 AM
I completed it. Rather enjoyed it and found it rather thorough. I liked that they allowed some open responses.

Got my coupon, and like the site where you can use it. They have the hitachi for 40 something dollars so *grins* i might just have to use the coupon.

CSHP_IndianaUniversi
Sep 8, 2010, 1:13 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback, littlerayofsunshine! I know that people can sometimes be wary about participating in studies---so endorsements can make a HUGE difference. Thanks for helping us reach our goal of collecting the largest, most comprehensive data on sex between women in contemporary history! We really want to get this information out there where it can make a positive difference.

12voltman59
Sep 8, 2010, 10:57 AM
To Drs. Herbinick and Schick----it is all well and good that you are working on this project for female sexuality and are trying to find out what bisexual women think and feel on the subject----I would urge you to get your colleagues who deal with male sexuality to do a similar sort of project for men---when it comes to bisexuality--while there might be some degree of acceptance of females engaging in bisexuality--when it comes to males---we get it that at best male bisexuality is pretty gross--and at worst-----there is either no such real thing as male bisexuality since guys who think they are bisexual--are really misguided or delusional since they are actually gay and don't or cannot admit it---or conversely----that guys just play at bisexuality so they "can get the best of both worlds' or something along those lines.

While bisexuality does not get its due in the media and culture generally--at least it seems that female bisexuality does garner at least some degree of acceptability--but male bisexuality seems to attract a degree of scorn from both the hetero and gay worlds for the most part.

If you have any connections with those who produce "Sound Medicine"-tell them I very much enjoy the program--it airs on my local NPR affiliate radio station--WYSO-FM on Sunday mornings--I try not to miss it.

diB4u
Sep 8, 2010, 3:18 PM
done :)

kitten
Sep 8, 2010, 5:50 PM
done. Thanks for the coupon code!

12voltman59
Sep 8, 2010, 10:51 PM
Since most of you may not know what I am talking about when I spoke about "Sound Medicine" in the previous post--it is a weekly radio program that deals with health issues, produced by the Indiana University School of Medicine.

http://wfyi.org/radio/localPrograms/soundMedicine.asp

I don't know what relationship the researchers have with the program---but I am quite sure they are very familiar with the program.

CSHP_IndianaUniversi
Sep 8, 2010, 11:40 PM
Thank you all for your participation and comments!

12voltman59, we couldn’t agree with you more. My research team recently collected similar data from several thousand men who have sex with men (including bisexual men). We also have a researcher at the Center who is leading a project to assess attitudes towards male and female bisexuality.

As for sound medicine, it ‘sounds’ great! I, personally, do not know much about it but I am sure that our colleagues at IUPUI do/are connected to it and will pass along your kind words.

Still recruiting! So don't hesitate to pass the survey along :) Thanks, again!

CSHP_IndianaUniversi
Jan 20, 2011, 4:26 PM
For anyone who is interested in participating, this is our final week of recruitment (closes on the 27th). We need 250 more women to reach our goal of 5,000! You will get a nice thank-you at the end for your participation.

Thanks for considering!

Best,
Vanessa