PDA

View Full Version : I did Barry Manilow!

IanBorthwick
Sep 5, 2010, 10:17 PM
Not literally, you who had the mindset to think that! LOL!

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchandlisten/play/b6a34bfd0

danreidbarmi
Sep 6, 2010, 1:59 AM
Interesting post for me, because I actually had the chance to do just that. It was 1976, and I passed. Mr. Manilow (who had been nothing but a gentleman to me, and spoken of in glowing terms by friends who knew him and/or worked with him), didn't respond well to my rejecting his advances, resulting in a bridge burned. But, I've always had an issue with trading sexual favors for career benefits. I lost out on what could have been a very important connection (pun intended). I guess it was something about those cupid sculptures pissing in the garden of his rented Beverly Hills house that gave me the willies.

by~his~side
Sep 6, 2010, 10:55 AM
Nicely done, Ian!
( I'm a closeted Manilow fan)

I think you'd really find your niche if you did some covers of Pink! :tong:

Canticle
Sep 6, 2010, 12:46 PM
So, Dan, did you not enjoy the song and Ian's very nice voice? Or maybe you did.

Yes, by~his~side, it was nicely done, very nicely done, indeed!

Lovely, Ian.......absolutely lovely! ;)

onewhocares
Sep 6, 2010, 2:52 PM
Bravo....another nice job Ian. Funny title of the thread especially with Dans comments.

Belle

IanBorthwick
Sep 6, 2010, 3:41 PM
Bravo....another nice job Ian. Funny title of the thread especially with Dans comments.

Belle

I know! LOL, he took it seriously. Anyway, let me see what I can do for cover songs by Pink. Whatever they have on SingSnap is what I am limited to and they do not move quickly to put things I ask for on the list.

Personally my voice sounds best when I am doing songs that take advantage of my power and I'd love to Kiss Me Kate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxTrjScVw1c

This guy is an ok example, but the trouble is he's singing with too much vibrato and in his throat he's hooting a bit. Because I am a high Baritone I can fake it and step into low Tenor range for songs like Be a Clown. I'm still waiting for Make 'Em Laugh to be put up for availability.

At present I am contemplating:

Uninvited - Alanis Morisette
All By Myself - John Barrowman

Then comes the remakes I need to do on ones I had set the mic and system up to record badly. That's a long haul but one I want to do because some of my better songs came out poor due to having to hold back so much the notes staggered rather than flowed. Your Heart WIll Lead You Home was prime example.