PDA

View Full Version : Toy purchases

AhsomeCouple
Sep 3, 2010, 12:56 PM
Do you prefer to buy your sex toys online, or in a store?

fredtyg
Sep 3, 2010, 1:07 PM
I've always found the best deals online, but you still have to look around. Problem with online is you can't really see the toy upfront and see if it has all the features you want.

That said, many of the dongs I've bought locally I've found weren't quite what I wanted. I just recently bought a 10" dong that looked almost the same as my old favorite 10"er. The problem is the local place I buy mine from always has the dongs wrapped in those hard plastic blister packs so you can't really feel what the dong feels like- hardness, flexibility, etc.

I opened it up when I got home and found it wasn't nearly stiff as still as my old favorite one and had a hard time getting it up my rectum. Soft dongs are not good, imo.

The two best dongs I ever had were bought online where all I could see was the picture of them. They were inexpensive, too, compared to this last one that cost around $40.00 just by itself.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 3, 2010, 3:24 PM
If you go into a store, its always easier to See what the product looks like and altho its hard to feel thru the bubble pack, (like Fred said) you can get a good idea of the length, girth, softness ect that way.
I like www.TooTimid.com too. They have some Wonderful goodies and some you can use then write a review about and only pay for the shipping and handling., :}
But for me personally, I'd much rather see, and touch something before I buy it. :}
Have fun Loves!:bigrin:
Cat

boca.openminded
Sep 3, 2010, 5:40 PM
I thought the best deals were online too until I saw the shipping charges. Buy a toy for $15 and the shipping is an additional $6.

I went to my local adult store and found the same toy for $19.99..

Since then I've been buying my toys at my local adult shop.

Perfect example: During the week I bought the rear ender at my local shop for $19.99..

I just checked 2 online sites. 1 had it for $12.99 & the other had it for $14.99 BOTH with $5.99 shipping..

bottom line is theres no discount buying it online and at the store you can see it. If the toy has batteries, they;ll open it & test it right in front of you which is a plus..

TaylorMade
Sep 3, 2010, 8:12 PM
Before I started working in a toy shop, my toy-buying habits were 50/50. If it was a hard to find or unique item, I would go online almost every time, which was rare ( the tri-county area has seemingly hundreds of sex shops).

Now, I tend to just ask the owner to include something extra in the next toy order, lol. My new obsession is glass toys. :-P

*Taylor*

Bibearcub
Sep 4, 2010, 3:23 AM
I like www.TooTimid.com too. They have some Wonderful goodies and some you can use then write a review about and only pay for the shipping and handling., :}
Cat

How do you go about engaging in such a thing?

TaylorMade
Sep 4, 2010, 4:15 AM
How do you go about engaging in such a thing?

I'm guessing they e-mail you a credit for future use.

*Taylor*

darkeyes
Sep 4, 2010, 6:54 AM
Well dunno bout u lot but me usually buys 'em at sex toy parties... wotta laff an no guys... an no they don usually end up as orgies.. jus drunken giggles..

Sumtimes outa shops, but not often.. only in emergency such as wen Rog broke... neva on line save for Sybina.. had 2 get 'er shipped ova from 'merica.. an well worth it she wos 2....:bigrin: Now Sybina parties... they r a bloody laff..:tong:

Din buy ver much online cos me likes 2 c an feel wot me is buyin..an wont it there an then..an wen me wonts summat..me hasta b able 2 lay me hands on it ther an then...:)

DuckiesDarling
Sep 4, 2010, 6:57 AM
Online is really my only choice right now, not a lot of stores around here. We do have one Adam & Eve but I can just see the look on my parents face when I say I have to go there. Not having a car sucks.

darkeyes
Sep 4, 2010, 7:12 AM
Online is really my only choice right now, not a lot of stores around here. We do have one Adam & Eve but I can just see the look on my parents face when I say I have to go there. Not having a car sucks.

Shudda seen me mum an dad's face wen we showed 'em Sybina... me dad didn kno wer 2 look.. an me mum jus sed "O for God's sake!!":bigrin: Me sista jus sed.. "Wanna shot!!" 2 wich me mum sed "Don't u bloody dare! Not while I'm anywhere near"..:tong:

We wer up me dad's cottage up north.. Rog's battries wer flat as pancakes... Sunday... miles from ne wer... had 2 drive 23 miles ther an back 2 gerra shop open an sold battries.. hardly made for spontaneous nookie now did it? So we did wivout...:bigrin:

sammie19
Sep 4, 2010, 9:32 AM
We wer up me dad's cottage up north.. Rog's battries wer flat as pancakes... Sunday... miles from ne wer... had 2 drive 23 miles ther an back 2 gerra shop open an sold battries.. hardly made for spontaneous nookie now did it? So we did wivout...:bigrin:

You took Rog when you went away from home and didn't take batteries? I thought you were the girl who was prepared for every eventuality? It appears that even you mess up on occasion. Much luv.

darkeyes
Sep 5, 2010, 7:56 PM
You took Rog when you went away from home and didn't take batteries? I thought you were the girl who was prepared for every eventuality? It appears that even you mess up on occasion. Much luv.

Has been known wee Craigie.. but not often... besides... Rog is only the starter these days.. not the main course or the sweet.. bigrin: