PDA

View Full Version : Back in the New York Groove !

djones
Sep 3, 2010, 12:06 AM
Finally back home in N Y C !

Still looking for an apartment, but just happy to be home - had to share !

(sorry for clogging the forums with this, just REALLY happy to be back !)

Cheers All

DJ

DuckiesDarling
Sep 3, 2010, 12:13 AM
Glad you are home, DJ. Good luck finding an apartment

onewhocares
Sep 3, 2010, 12:17 AM
Welcome Home....you have been missed. Glad you are back and much luck in finding a new place to call home.

Belle

NotLostJustWandering
Sep 3, 2010, 4:22 AM
This isn't "clogging the forum"; it's keeping in touch. Glad to hear you're happy to be home. Best wishes on the apartment hunting; I know well what a drag that can be in NYC.

NYC has been on my mind lately. I'm really looking forward to joining bi clubs and having talks like we have here in person rather than on-line. But I will miss the sea so much. Hope to see you there in the spring!

by~his~side
Sep 3, 2010, 7:12 AM
i knew i felt a sexy vibe in the tri state area!
welcome back, dj!

~D~

djones
Sep 4, 2010, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the well wishes !

And yes, in person chats are welcome ! (don't worry about missing the sea - we are on a group of islands here )

Hephaestion
Sep 5, 2010, 5:00 AM
Occasionally I Google Earth (I can handle it). OUt of curiousity I looked at the NY area and realise that the northern eastern seaboard of the USA is highly indented with all sorts of inlets. Does this isolate communities?

North London and South London tend to be very different communities separated by the Thames and restricted by its bridges (and tunnels). I perceive similar differences for other towns and cities around the UK.

citystyleguy
Sep 5, 2010, 4:05 PM
... happy to see you're back, nothing like being back where you want to be!

mikey3000
Sep 5, 2010, 11:23 PM
Yeah, hey welcome back. Now you weren't in Toronto were you? You better not have been. You said you were gonna look me up, damn it!!! :bigrin:

djones
Sep 6, 2010, 1:48 PM
Occasionally I Google Earth (I can handle it). OUt of curiousity I looked at the NY area and realise that the northern eastern seaboard of the USA is highly indented with all sorts of inlets. Does this isolate communities?

North London and South London tend to be very different communities separated by the Thames and restricted by its bridges (and tunnels). I perceive similar differences for other towns and cities around the UK.

In New York, we have what we call the "Bridge and Tunnel" crowd - anyone living in New Jersey or the outer boroughs of New York City (Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island) that may travel in to Manhattan for work or play. Not too dissimilar from what you speak.

And no Mikey - have not made my way to Toronto - yet. Perhaps in the Autumn . . .