PDA

View Full Version : Bisexual Officer Wins Lawsuit

Brian
Mar 6, 2005, 1:35 PM
Some of you might have already seen this news story from back in February about the bisexual NY Police Officer who endured harrassment after an Internal Affairs Department search of his home computer revealed visits to several gay sites, and effectively "outted" him. It's too bad that shit like that still happens.

The full article: http://www.gaywired.com/article.cfm?section=9&id=5355

But it is nice to see a person in a news story actually identified as "bisexual" consistently - so many times reporters and writers refer to a person as "gay" when they are in fact bisexual, as if the term "bisexual" will be too confusing to the reader or something.

m.in.heels&hose
Mar 12, 2005, 8:08 AM
i agree, it really is sad to see or hear of ANYBODY being mistreated, or abused, or any other type of humiliation just because they are different from "the norm" i have a motto i try to live by, "judge a person by whats in thier head, not in their bed" i heard this statment years ago, and i loved it so much i "adopted" it as my golden rule

Ratchick
Mar 16, 2005, 4:51 PM
i agree, it really is sad to see or hear of ANYBODY being mistreated, or abused, or any other type of humiliation just because they are different from "the norm" i have a motto i try to live by, "judge a person by whats in thier head, not in their bed" i heard this statment years ago, and i loved it so much i "adopted" it as my golden rule
:D HEre here!

glantern954
Mar 16, 2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks for posting this! I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the posts that keep me informed about what is going on in the real world about our community.

smithlanger
Jul 2, 2010, 3:13 AM
sounds good to me :cool:

MarieDelta
Jul 2, 2010, 10:27 AM
Good to hear that the newspapers are respecting his identity.

Hate that the discrimination still happens, arrrggh!

csrakate
Jul 2, 2010, 1:13 PM
Hope you notice that this is a five year old thread....not that it isn't relevant...just not recent.