Register

View Poll Results: What kind of topics do you prefer posted?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tried and true and probably dirty

13 22.81%
  • New and possibly dirty

44 77.19%

Topics for post: New ones or old ones?

I've never said anything on this message board before, but noticing a reply to a thread about someone experiencing deja vu, being supremely bored and having an obtuse sense of humor I have decided to ask a question:

Do you prefer repeating old topics or thinking of new ones?

Re: Topics for post: New ones or old ones?

YA, i really like them both because the tried and true are awesome thats why the are tried and true and the new are just so much fun because you haven't discussed them before.BOTH ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    fun is going down any ones pants and liking what you find!

honestly, its opinions that interest me... they tell me a lot more about people than the topic being discussed.....

if there is one thing I have learnt about forums.... its that people reveal more about themselves in their posts and their opinions, than you will normally get from reading profiles....

as for me... lol I will randomly post article type threads..... ideas or questions I have that challenge people in their views or understanding of bisexuality....cos to me... that brings out a side of people that is rarely seen in a suck cock or munch pussy thread..... that and I am the type of person that views my bisexuality to have nothing to do with what I do sexually, but who I am as a person and how I interact with people of different genders...cos thats how I see my bisexuality... a attraction to different genders that doesn't require sleeping with everybody
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

Sorry, but that is a bit like saying "are you straight or gay?" or "are you Republican or Democrat?" Not nearly enough choices for me.
    I like the discussions here because they are (for the most part) honest expressions of real people, warts and all. I prefer the more humorous and/or thought provoking questions and am delighted it is not always about sex. I like to speak my mind as a person, not as a "blank-sexual" anything. It is just one portion of my being. The friends I have made here give me more common ground than just the sexual/sensual aspects of this community, and because of this I count as many gays and lesbians among my friends as I do bisexuals.
    The old subjects that crop up are sometimes asked by new members and I have seen my own position as well as others change or evolve as these topics come up. They are valuable for that reason alone. The new topics have admittedly seemed to me to be a little personal lately, but, I have many choices regarding my individual reaction to them. Chief among these choices is the simple act to move on and let these folks resolve their issues and grow as human beings. If we want this site to be an open forum, we of all people, need to exercise tolerance and forgiveness towards those who have (perhaps) unintentionally crossed a social line or two.
    I'll get off of my soapbox now, but you did ask.
    I love you all and wish the best , blessings to you.

Why waste a new thread to start a discussion on a topic that has already been talked to death?

If you have something to add to a question that's already been posed, then post on the old thread and see if your post rejuvenates it. If you think your input is really to a slightly different question, and you want to phrase that question in a separate thread, that makes sense to me...but it seems wise to make sure that you're really asking something new. Again, I've seen thread after thread this year alone on whether men or women are better at oral sex...what do five threads on this topic offer that one alone would not?

As for "tried and true", I have no idea what it means for a topic or a question to be "tried and true". If you mean simply "known to gather lots of responses", then *every* thread should be the "Getting to Know You Game" or the "Label Recognition" game from a couple years ago...those things garnered over 1000 responses before they died!
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

I like them all. but mostly the "first time" hot ones. someday I hope to have one of them to tell. other than m/f that is,,,,
    if con is the opposite of pro
    is congress the opposite of progress?

I'm fairly sure every possible question has already been discussed on the forums, I just don't have time to press NEXT-NEXT-NEXT-NEXT-NEXT to prove it..to make things interesting we just ask the same questions with different words.

To save some time:

1) I've always known I was different
    2) With Both
    3) Yes, I've tasted my own, not on a regular basis and 10 seconds after it's a psychological turn off.
    4) Since before I can remember
    5) Pedophilia is bad
    6) When I was young and horny - it was with the whole locker room
    7) Anal Sex hurts if you don't use lube
    8) Not telling your wife is wrong
    9) Don't sleep with your supervisor at work
    10) Be sure you can afford to live on your own before you come out to your parents.
    11) It's the person that matters, not what's between the legs
    12) Pardon me, you're stepping on my hose

There...that should cover the lop 5 or so recurring topics.

<smiles>

-E

Quote Originally Posted by elian View Post
    I'm fairly sure every possible question has already been discussed on the forums, I just don't have time to press NEXT-NEXT-NEXT-NEXT-NEXT to prove it..to make things interesting we just ask the same questions with different words.
    Elian, I LOVE your post. Except that I disagree that every possible question has been asked, even within the realm of sex...for instance, I see no evidence in your wonderful list (which I'm sure many think we should all include in our profiles) of an answer to:

Which muppet would you most want to do?
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Quote Originally Posted by Annika L View Post
    As for "tried and true", I have no idea what it means for a topic or a question to be "tried and true".
    By that, I simply mean "Said excessively and will be said again"-being rather sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdawg View Post
    I've never said anything on this message board before, but noticing a reply to a thread about someone experiencing deja vu, being supremely bored and having an obtuse sense of humor I have decided to ask a question:

Do you prefer repeating old topics or thinking of new ones?

Repeating old topics may simply be new ones to the new folks that have recently joined...
    Being bisexual doubles your chances for a date...

Codybear

Quote Originally Posted by Annika L View Post
    Elian, I LOVE your post. Except that I disagree that every possible question has been asked, even within the realm of sex...for instance, I see no evidence in your wonderful list (which I'm sure many think we should all include in our profiles) of an answer to:

Which muppet would you most want to do?
    Ok Annika, I did a forum search for "muppet" and although there are five threads with the word muppet in them - none of them have asked that particular question.

After giving serious thought to your question I see three possible scenarios:

1) Threesome with Bert and Ernie
    2) Something with Beeker - he's eccentric - sometimes the quiet ones surprise you
    3) Snuffleupagus - you know what they say about guys with long trunks

..under absolutely NO circumstances would I let the Svvedish Chef within 200 feet of my naughty bits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86i7LQg9PVQ

<giggles> - thanks for the laugh.

-E