Register

Thread: Re: Forum Posts

Re: Forum Posts

This message will probably be for Drew. A while back I seem to recall having access / ability to delete your own posts in the forums.

Is this still possible?

If so, how does one access it?

If not, are there plans to restore this ability?

Or alternately, did I merely somehow fabricate a memory of having such access?

I do believe one was able to do it, yet memory plays tricks, aware of that and not ashamed to be wrong. I would like having this ability, feel others would as well. Thanks.

You do, but for only a limited time. I think it's like, 45 minutes or until someone posts after you.

Yes, the editing bit which is only for one hour. Knew of this for some time. But I do seem to remember being able to delete posts even after that at one time. Could be useful for lots of people whom may desire self editing, self censorship for a variety of reasons.

1. Be conservative and considerate of server space. Drew pays for the hardware, hosting and administration here. Might be nice to tread lightly. Being able to remove older posts would let a user do that for themselves.

2. User has redefined their views, desires amends with past views. Know I have and think others have as well. Self revision and moderation is good for personal growth.

3. User enjoys playing Space Invaders(tm). Insert your own reasons because I think I'm not alone in desiring autonomy to remove older posts. That lends to an infinite variety of reasons. I needn't list all , further could not.