The Game

You just lost it...again.

But dont worry,you always can start again

Re: The Game

?????? din lose squat
    When injustice becomes law,
    Resistance becomes DUTY. T. Jefferson

I can't afford to have lost it...I've worked too hard and too many people have died or gone mad for all of this to have been in vain! Look at them out there, there in the streets! They don't even know. They don't even suspect.

For their sake, this cannot end here. I'm going to fight, I tell you! I swear, this time I'm going to fight...and when it's over, *nobody's* gonna tell me it was all for nothing!

*sobs* No more starting over.
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

I lost my sanity years ago, does that count?

Life is a Game, but it's meant to be played to win. As long as you play the game with honor and integrity, no one can tell you how to play, but when you do, make Damn sure you play ta win...
    Cat
    (Ps If you cant win honestly, then resort to tickling...LMAO)
    I'm tryin' my best to leave a loving foot print on the hearts of the folks who's lives I touch..longly, or briefly..:}
    Minx

Women and cats will do as they please, so men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I *knew* I could count on you Kit-Cat. I knew that you of all people would understand!

*puts a can of Cheez-Whiz in her handbag* Now lets get those bastards.
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

I sat here going what did I lose that I miss....hmm virginity? Nope....my keys.....on occasion but always turn up. My sanity....yeah I miss that the most. But I figure it puts me on par with the rest of the world.

*Resolves to buy more Cheese Whiz and join Annika*

Red face Re: The Game

Can I bring some Cheez-its and share them with Nadir? Him cutes...*Dirty ole Lady grin*
    I'm tryin' my best to leave a loving foot print on the hearts of the folks who's lives I touch..longly, or briefly..:}
    Minx

Women and cats will do as they please, so men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    Robert A. Heinlein

No. Not if it's Monopoly,cos I really kick ass at that game... But... I get to be the shoe.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
    —A. A. Milne
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-aoXLZGY

MMMMMMMMMMM . . . . . . . . Cheez-Its?!?!?!?! <snuggles up next to Cat>
    When injustice becomes law,
    Resistance becomes DUTY. T. Jefferson

Route 77 runs North to South.

Recently, I have been undergoing lots of intense therapy. Three out of four mental and behavioral health professionals gave me the, "you're perfectly alright" spew, which included the gut wrenching and sick little patronizing grins. You know, telling the patient they're fine so as to not arouse their suspicions of it being worse.

The fourth guy comes right to the point. "Listen up a-hole, you're so screwed up I don't know where to start." I thanked him for his honesty. He smiled and continued, "Along with about 98% of the world's population. Truth is, we're all human and capable of making flops. Here's the trick ..."

In earnest I believe at two it left to wander about, the mind that is. Not really missed it terribly so, except on holidays. Starting over? Guess at times I feel like a chameleon. Each minute, change abounds.

What game? Cricket? The game is Cricket!

I am Queen of all felines. I'm a Lioness. A Leo

What!!!...No coffee??? Keep the stuff in bottles, Sir! I want a real drink!

Love, is the most important emotion in the Cosmos. Love is all.

lol Doggy, you can snuggle up next to me Anytime..And I have more boxes in the truck, but first I hafta go help Annika do battle on da Bastards...lol Here, hold the Cheez-its...
    Kisses Void's furry muzzle on da way out......
    Silly Cat.
    Minx

Robert A. Heinlein

You swine, I was doing so well. (takes an amnesia pill so I can forget about The game and start playing again).
    beautifully non-discriminatory
    It's not just black and white, but many beautiful shades of gray

I lost it the day I spoke my first word.. and every time I open my gob I lose a little more..
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Bah, I always win in the end. I may lose a few rounds but I always, always make something work, even if I have to improvise.

uh.

what the hell is this thread about?
    "To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu

Hehehe,Im glad to see that you liked this thread Allright,I guess it´s time to explanations. Firstly,I just wanted to follow an old tradition that I have about posting topics with little or no sense to see what people´s reactions are. And the second one,I guess you will find the explanation of The Game in this wikipedia article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game)

It is a mind game...and the only way to win is not to think about it. I discovered it the other day and wanted to share it with you. Hope you are more skilled than me at playing it...I have already lost a thousand times.

I must say I really liked all of your anwers :D I must do this more regularly (posting about random topics with no coherence, I mean :P). You guys are lovely to talk with.

And Cat,I think you are very cute too

damn, You made me lose again! Still at least now everyone is aware of the rules. You are all playing and you have all lost!

*Blushes deeply* Thank you Darlin. Does this mean I get to share Cheez-its with you and Doggy Both?
    Happy Cat, Happy Cat...lol

Actually, we did things like this in my Sociology and Psyc classes all the time just to see the crazy, random, responces we'd come up with. Its fun. :}
    Cat, off to fight the good fight with Annika and the Cheez-whizz...lol
    Minx

Robert A. Heinlein

first of all.....DAMN YOU! lmao

secondly let me explain what "THE GAME" is. but as soon as you find out you'll be playing it forever so if you dont want to play dont look at the rest ot this post!

The game

when ever you think in your mind the words "the game" it means that you've lost it, and you have to say out loud that you have lost the game and it doesnt reset for 10 minutes(which is what the OP ment by "you can always start again").

in essence if you think of the game you lose it. So to everyone who plays the game the OP made us lose. And yes you will play for the rest of your life until you become senial and perminently forget about it...its the only way to win.

end explanation

I hope I explained that understandably and I can and will answr questions.

Haha,of course I would love you to share Cheez-its with me and Doggy (if you don´t mind, that´s it ), the more the merrier and I like to see people happy. I was not aware that you studied Sociology and Psychology at college,Cat,that´s the same thing I am studying at my university on my hometown :D By the way,thanks to crazy_cat_lady above me for helping me to explain the rules of The Game. Im sorry but now that you know all about it you are all playing Actually,I never thought about that, maybe if you become senile and forget all about The Game in your late life then it means you have won. Well,that´s one for senior citizens My congratulations.

And I will post more random topics soon I am getting many ideas from this forum, I must admit there are some very interesting people and opinions around here. Every day I think I am more glad to have found this site.

Well...didn't the OP lose to then? LOL! I don't know about you...but if I'm typing a first post about "The Game" I would be thinking about it

So...we all suck. Bunch o' losers haha.

RISSA! Welcome back Sweetie! Hope you are feeling better????
    And Nadir, there's Lots of things ya'll dont know bout yer Cat. *Naughty wink*
    Cat
    Minx

Robert A. Heinlein

DAMN YOU :PPPP

No problem. If I must suffer the game until old age then I might as well not be alone while doing it. so Nadir...how did you start playing?

I started at AnimeBoston

It all started with Wikipedia...or with TVTropes, I cannor remember it quite well,the memories of that evening in which my life changed... XD I am not an active player,because sometimes I forget about The Game itself for days or even weeks, but when I remember it I sure get mad at myself XD

It started long before the internet.

It's one of those games that no one really knows where it started anymore.

One of my most embarrassing losses was when visiting a friend at her work place, and someone else coming in announcing that she had lost. eventually, and explanation was put forward to which I responded "oh right, we used to play a game like that back in first school...shit!"

Btw, DAMN YOU! making me lose every time I sign on :P

All this psychobabble about some mind game is actually just a mind game to distract us from the actual game, which is much more serious and much more insidious, but for which explanations of the rules are strictly against the rules. Fortunately, some of us aren't so easily distracted.

*radios to allbi that it's about time to release those flying monkies we captured last year*

Quote Originally Posted by Annika L View Post
    All this psychobabble about some mind game is actually just a mind game to distract us from the actual game, which is much more serious and much more insidious, but for which explanations of the rules are strictly against the rules. Fortunately, some of us aren't so easily distracted.

*radios to allbi that it's about time to release those flying monkies we captured last year*
    Forget the flying monkeys...it's time for Poppies:

"And now, my beauties, something with poison in it, I think. With poison in it, but attractive to the eye, and soothing to the smell. [cackles] Poppies... Poppies. Poppies will put them to sleep. Sleeeeep. Now they'll sleeeeep!"
    Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one."

C. S. Lewis

Talking Re: The Game

Oh thank God its the monkeys..I was afraid you were guuna say the winged Purple pigs....ewww..
    Relieved Cat
    Minx

Robert A. Heinlein