Register

sexual abuse data base

First,God created man, then woman, then temptation,then confusion

Re: sexual abuse data base

I remember in 2004 when the Roman Catholic church actually admitted it how people were shocked. Why? Hadn't they ever heard the jokes or studied history? It had been going on for hundreds of years!

It's just not healthy for Humans to be sexually repressed! Never was, and never will be!
    If sex wasn't viewed as something dirty, ungodly, sinful and a weakness by the church, maybe priests would have the mental capacity to deal with fucking each other and leave the kids alone!

I agree that oppressing sexuality is bad. In Spirituality/ Esoteric studies sex is viewed as a natural thing, and oppressing it can bring a lot of mental damage to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearbox View Post
    It's just not healthy for Humans to be sexually repressed! Never was, and never will be!
    If sex wasn't viewed as something dirty, ungodly, sinful and a weakness by the church, maybe priests would have the mental capacity to deal with fucking each other and leave the kids alone!
    While u are right, Gear, more celibate priests fuck adult female parishioners and non-parishioners than they ever do young children.. this is not to minimise the scale of the problem of abuse by priests of children, but is intended more as support for your more general statement about sex... but as we see in non catholic denominations, sneaky nookie with other adults by men of the cloth, and covert abuse of children are something which, in common with society as a whole will take more than just catholic priests specifically or even religious priests or ministers generally obtaining a healthier, less hypocritical attitude and repressed attitude to sex...
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Came across this article.

http://www.renegadecatholic.com/vinnie3.html
    http://archives.weirdload.com/timeline.html

Reported cases going back to the 4th cen.
    Last edited by goldenfinger; May 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenfinger View Post
    Came across this article. http://www.renegadecatholic.com/vinnie3.html Reported cases going back to the 4th cen.
    Old news. Are you surprised or something? The papacy attracts pedophiles/pederasts and this is not new information and should not be a surprise to anyone. Pedophiles/Pederasts are not interested in having sex with adults at all so even if they were allowed to marry or have sex with adults it would not do any good.
    Last edited by Mr. Suck; May 4, 2013 at 7:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Suck View Post
    Old news. Are you surprised or something? The papacy attracts pedophiles/pederasts and this is not new information and should not be a surprise to anyone. Pedophiles/Pederasts are not interested in having sex with adults at all so even if they were allowed to marry or have sex with adults it would not do any good.
    I didn't know reported cases dated back that far.

Oh good Lord.
    The adolescent desire to bash establishment.
    To wit
    The Catholic church (thank you John Paul II) went through a radical change to zero tolerance for sexual child abuse back in the 1980's.
    This was contrary to the church's mission - forgiveness.
    The church, while offering God's forgiveness for infinite murders, rapes, robberies, adulteries, lies, and more (in confession, in hopes to bring the confessor to repentance)... the church is in the forgiveness business; is now supposed to reject a priest's discovery/confession of sexual misconduct because of modern psychology's belief that once a man has had sex with a child, he is always and forever going to harm children (and thus cannot be forgiven/move on with life), unlike any murderer, adulterer, thief, etc.
    This is a radical departure from the mission of the church. But John Paul II did it.
    Sure, there will be residual issues. In a human institution as large as the Catholic Church...
    Can Boeing... Microsoft... (Boeing and Microsoft are here for profit, $, and nothing else)... or any other human institution guarantee the behavior of all it's employees?
    Perhaps the Catholic church DID attract pedophiles years ago. People craftily gravitate toward their advantage.... Admittedly, the Catholic doctrine of forgiveness worked against what we know now about pedophiles. The curtain call fell almost 30 years ago.
    Just as Oskar Schlinder saved 1000 Jews from Hitler's 'Final Solution',
    the Catholic Church saved over 600,000 Jews from Hitler's 'Final Solution' but modern media/society/history condemns the Catholic church to hell regarding the "Final Solution'... accusing the church conspired with Hitler... as if the Dutch Guard (17th century weapons, less than 200 soldiers) of the Catholic Church (Vatican City) could defeat the Nazi army.

Indeed, by comparison (of church of faith),and staying on the subject of sexually harming innocent children, how has the church of Israel dealt with the necessity of a mohel sucking the penis of a child he is circumcising?
    Clearly, morality is far from absolute in 'pop' and permitted public view.
    Blue
    Last edited by ghost_of_bluebiyou; May 5, 2013 at 4:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Suck View Post
    As no lover of the Church of Rome of any church, or indeed any religion, some give the impression that to a man, all priests prey on the young (boys in particular).. I do wish they would be a llittle more honest for as I have said elsewhere, most catholic priests are not paedophiles; most are relatively honest men doing a job because of the calling and belief in their God. Like any calling or profession which has much to do with children it has its fair share of those who prey on children and young adolescents and the church in common with many other organisations is now playing catch up after having covered it up for probably centuries.

Let us also clear up this claim that paedophiles and pederasts have no sexual interests in adults. For some it is true. However for the majority, they have sexual relations with and are attracted to other adults just like the rest of us. They marry and have families, but sadly, many prey upon their own children. The degree to which paedophilia and pederasty is within human beings, like the sexuality of human beings, varies from one individual to the next. Being a paedophile or a pederast does not necessarily mean a person has no sexual interest in other adults. There is an argument put forward by some, not all of whom are paedophiles, that paedophilia as such is not a mental condition or perversion in all, although our society considers it such, but that it should be considered yet another sexuality, or possibly even group of sexualities.

Attraction of an adult to an adolescent btw is not paedophilia but ephebophila. Pederasty is usually considered a form of ephebophilia since it is generally considered as an attraction to adolescent boys, although some dictionaries state simply that it is an attraction to boys and leave it at that. That begs the question when does adolescence kick in and when does it end. The answer is different in every one of us which is why nations have arbitrary ages of consent which differ from country to country. Offences against under age adolescents are in most countries dealt with by child abuse laws.

I am not trying to say paedophila is a good thing. Quite the contrary. Any sexual abuse, like any kind of a abuse of a prepubescent child is never a good thing and those who abuse should be dealt with by the law. Even of adolescents, especially younger adolescents, we cannot ignore adults who prey and use their maturity against as yet quite naive physically and mentally immature human beings. Yet there comes a point at which we have to consider where the use of the law is inappropriate and wrong. Each country decides that for itself. In the UK it is 16, some countries 18, and the US in many states at least, 21. Some countries have different ages for boys and girls. My own did until a century ago. I believe Ireland does now. I make no comment on any of these arbitrarily decided ages of consent. I would prefer that we didn't have them, but until we devise a better and more accurate method of assessing when an adolescent is ready both physically and mentally to embark on a sex life, I can think of no other way to protect them and so they must remain. Whether the correct law is in place in each country to deal with paedophilia and ephebophila is another matter, but as with every human made law, there will be those who offend against them.

How we deal with offenders, and how we deal with those offended against is an age old argument and never satisfactorily resolved. However, where it exists and is discovered, it should never be hidden or covered up, especially when, as in the case of some organisations, such as the Roman Catholic Church or as in the UK, also in the case in some care homes, there is much evidence of systematic abuse of children, but exposed and the offenders dealt with as severely as the law allows but taking account of the merits and seriousness of every individual offender's case and acting accordingly..
    Last edited by darkeyes; May 5, 2013 at 6:40 AM.
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.