Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Unofficial Community Leader

Re: Discreet or cheat? What is the difference?

There's nothing wrong with loving your privacy! Doesn't necessarily mean you're a cheater. We're living in an intrusive, digital age where it's become the exception instead of the norm. Whatever became of the Constitutional guarantee of " a reasonable expectation of privacy ? " Human nature, as despicable as it is at times....will to this day continue to use your private moments against you !
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Coastocoast

I am discreet, I am not a cheater there. There is nobody at home to tell first, I am cheating on nobody, what I personally do is my own business and I am putting no one at risk. I have never cheated on a partner, I have broken up with people first when I decided that the relationship was not fulfilling enough to stay with the person I was with. Why do I consider myself discreet? In my case this would be a career killer, a silent killer that I have seen it where I work. There is no legal recourse when they select others and bypass you consistently year after year, even though everyone knows what is happening, it is subjective with no proof. There is no reason for me to tell the world my business so long as nobody is at risk due to my choices. I have the right to privacy and cherish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmga View Post
    youve been watching too much TV and believing evertything the media tells you. Gays and bis ARE NOT a protected class in the US. A homophobic born-againer would fire you in a minute if he discovered you were bi. We are making progress, but there are still legions of people who hate you for who you are and will hurt you if they can. It happens every single day. If what I'm saying isn't true, LGBT advocacy groups would have folded their tents and gone home by now.
    LMAO No I don't watch too much TV. I'm too busy living in reality. If you get fired or discriminated against in your job because you're bisexual, gay, etc. then you can sue and win and get money. FYI, not all people who are Christian even the 'born again' type are homophobic or will fire or discriminate against people who are LGBT from their jobs if they are their boss.

We know a bisexual man who is married to another man that has a born again Christian boss and she knows all about how he and his husband are bisexual and is fine with it.

This is not the 1960s or early 1970s; but a lot of people here who are closeted seem to think that it still is.

Quote Originally Posted by pole_smoker View Post
    LMAO No I don't watch too much TV. I'm too busy living in reality. If you get fired or discriminated against in your job because you're bisexual, gay, etc. then you can sue and win and get money. FYI, not all people who are Christian even the 'born again' type are homophobic or will fire or discriminate against people who are LGBT from their jobs if they are their boss.

We know a bisexual man who is married to another man that has a born again Christian boss and she knows all about how he and his husband are bisexual and is fine with it.

This is not the 1960s or early 1970s; but a lot of people here who are closeted seem to think that it still is.

No, it's not the 60's but you're definitely still living in The Twilight Zone !
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

The guy is a clown Pep... a very unfunny nasty clown.. he hasnt a clue what discreet means.Mind u he hasn't a clue what owt means.... I love twiglets btw...
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperjack View Post
    No, it's not the 60's but you're definitely still living in The Twilight Zone !
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post
    The guy is a clown Pep... a very unfunny nasty clown.. he hasnt a clue what discreet means.Mind u he hasn't a clue what owt means.... I love twiglets btw...
    I think he belongs somewhere in this line up : http://heavy.com/comedy/2012/10/the-...epiest-clowns/
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

I am discreet. But I'm not a cheat. I've been single for a few years, aside from dating a few people here and there. Right now is the closest I've been to actually being in a relationship, and I'm seeing 2 guys on a regular basis, and they know about one another. One is divorced, the other is married, and his wife not only knows about it, but she encourages it. She has actually texted me to come and take him off her hands for awhile because he was being "annoying." The only people who know are the ones who are involved (my friend's wife has gotten involved on occasion). I am discreet because I believe that it is none of anyone's business what I do in the bedroom. Also, I live in a pretty rural area at the moment, and as hard as it is for some people to believe or accept, it can have negative consequences on your job and overall well being in general. There are some people in my neighborhood, let alone my town who would not think twice about doing very, very bad things if they knew someone was gay or bi.

So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmga View Post
    We are making progress, but there are still legions
    of people who hate you for who you are and will hurt you if they can. It
    happens every single day. If what I'm saying isn't true, LGBT advocacy
    groups would have folded their tents and gone home by now.
    Direct, truthful what you say. If bisexuals, homosexuals, transsexuals
    were safe there would be need of advocacy ergo, no advocacy would exist.
    Advocacy still exists, ergo, we are still not safe. Clear logic in that.
    It's an if, then, else statement.

if X
    then Y
    else no X

There's nothing wrong with loving your privacy!
    Doesn't necessarily mean you're a cheater. We're living in an intrusive,
    digital age where it's become the exception instead of the norm.
    Whatever became of the Constitutional guarantee of " a reasonable
    expectation of privacy ? " Human nature, as despicable as it is at
    times....will to this day continue to use your private moments against
    you !
    Not only against the individual, they will come after those the
    individual loves. This did and still happens. I will speak briefly using
    controversial language, I do so to illustrate a point and not to be
    malicious of others.

A white woman in the deep Southern U.S., could become involved with a
    black man. Not only would the black man be attacked for being perceived
    as perverting the woman, she would be attacked and deemed a nigger
    lover. Heck, they may kill them both for the grounds they consider it
    unnatural. Then, they could go after the families of this couple. "Mr.
    & Mrs. Smith, you know your gal Suzy was a nigger lover? How you raise
    such a child? We string you up too."

There are many places where such prejudice exists. It is not only
    hate regarding what your skin color is, it is hate even if you think
    differently. Want a clear example of that? Look at what Christianity
    did to those they dubbed heretics, and used that word in a disparaging
    manner. All the word heretic means from the original Greek & Latin is,
    someone has a different way of thinking / opinion. The Church began
    codifying under Constantine and did not want Christianity seen as a
    multi-faceted belief, no, they wanted it all as the Holy Roman Catholic
    Church and its brand of Christianity, only. So, heretics were put to
    death as accused witches, or simply because someone pointed a finger.

My point is, hate has, does continue to happen. We ALL need to realize
    there is NOTHING wrong in being different. Until we ALL do that, hate
    will continue to destroy us ALL. And yes, this is why some of us value
    having privacy. Ultimately, does it matter if I fuck a man or woman
    tonight, next Tuesday? If we both agreed and enjoyed ourselves, I don't
    think so. Yet society and hate think otherwise. Guess I'll be a heretic
    eternally.

Apologies again for the controversial language used. Hopefully it
    serves/d only the purpose intended in this context alone.

I think he belongs somewhere in this line up : http://heavy.com/comedy/2012/10/the-...epiest-clowns/
    the 1st clown was creepy but i gotta admit kinda sexy in a way too.......i also liked the last clown though i wasn't really looking at the creepy face