Register

Am I being too cautious?

Over on Silver Daddies on a couple of occasions I have been asked for a picture of me -- my face, not my cock. I never send it because I am concerned that someone would try to blackmail me. I realize that is a very slim possibility, but I just don't want to take the chance. Anyone else follow this practice?

Re: Am I being too cautious?

I provide a face pic to only those I plan to meet...and only after I have become comfortable with them via chat and email.
    You probably do not need to worry about "blackmail" but there is a lot to say about being cautious!!

I think lots go through that kinda paranoia at first. I wouldn't dare put a pic of my face anywhere on the net when I thought it wasn't 'safe' to. You feel very exposed.
    But if you are concerned about blackmail and being outed etc you'll never feel 'safe'. That's what you got to worry about more than being blackmailed etc IMO.
    If you are famous, I'd not bother with on-line hooking up. If your not though, I wouldn't bother blackmailing you. How much would you give?

Try giving a pic to someone you chat to for a while, in shades so you can claim it wasn't you. It'll ease after a while when you realize you're ok.

If you're out, or give the impression of being out, they likely wouldn't bother trying to blackmail you, either. I don't worry about that sort of thing much since I'm pretty open about being queer.

I don't, usually, put my face out there. It's all about someone seeing it that you don't want to see it more than blackmail. Most of the time if they insist on a face pic, I'll tell them that I haven't scared any young kids or dogs lately and that will have to do until we meet. If it's a "no go" then screw it.

Quote Originally Posted by pasadena1941 View Post
    I don't, usually, put my face out there. It's all about someone seeing it that you don't want to see it more than blackmail. Most of the time if they insist on a face pic, I'll tell them that I haven't scared any young kids or dogs lately and that will have to do until we meet. If it's a "no go" then screw it.
    Yep...though I'm open to most who know me, there are some instances that it wouldn't be a good idea for me to be trustworthy. I won't go into exactly why here. It really does depend how they approach me but they still aren't going to get a face pic out of me. Once I trust and have gotten to know the person to some extent, then I might. But when it comes to getting together to hook up for pleasure, I let them know that I'm an attractive looking man and that I'm confident about how I look. If they should decide once we're face to face that they don't want to, so be it....out of all the times I have connected online over the last 15 years, only one fellow turned me down...I didn't like it at the time, but I got over it...he was looking for perfection.

Are you really in a position where you might be blackmailed if someone found your face? You could always deny and claim that someone stole your image. That is possible if you are a hunk. I'm sure that we are all wise enough not to put a face and naked body picture on but each to their own. Some are a bit exhibitionist though

I have found that when someone asks for a face picture that to agree but ask them to send you their pic first. After all, they asked..not you. If they refuse, then suspect that they are just a picture collector or want to deem you ugly and not worth meeting...lol

I'd wait until some trust build up begins. That could take ten minutes to several days. If a guy will not share his picture, I wouldn't off my own to him. Seems fair imo.

I think that it is wise not to put your face on a site like this. Once you put something on the internet, it goes in to the universe never to be reclaimed. Most of us are perfectly safe though. It is up to each person though to decide when to share a photo. It is your life and we can not really judge in all circumstances.
    Last edited by tenni; Jun 25, 2013 at 5:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenni View Post
    Are you really in a position where you might be blackmailed if someone found your face? You could always deny and claim that someone stole your image. That is possible if you are a hunk.
    Pull the other 1.. it's got bells on.. daft bugger... zif ne 1 will believe that... Even if it's true, and a person's image has been nicked, it will b just so much hassle and stress...the damage will have been done and will be so hard 2 repair... course wiv time, effort and expense, and maybe recourse 2 law u can prove someone has nicked the ole fizzog but in between times at wot cost? I assume u wer throwing out a funny... cos if u weren't u need ur head looked... Laff of the week, tenni.. ta ver muchly...
    Last edited by darkeyes; Jun 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM.
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Oh for sure. darkeyes would never nick a photo and leave it on her profile without any text. Makes a poor Canuck think that this is her...lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nicked.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	16601

Quote Originally Posted by tenni View Post
    Oh for sure. darkeyes would never nick a photo and leave it on her profile without any text. Makes a poor Canuck think that this is her...lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nicked.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	16601
    Actually there is if u care to look.... and always has been.. try looking...
    Last edited by darkeyes; Jun 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM.
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

people buy a frigging 30 dollar web cam , u can go on chat in silverdaddies ,squirt yahoo or a bunch of sites and see each other live right then and there ,if u all like what u see away u go,its a no brainer.u can lower cam until your ready to raise it and see each other in prvt .and no tell tale pics floating around out there ,

I don't like to have ANY photos of my face posted anywhere on the internet---that has been a long standing thing of mine---and with stories over the years about things that happen to people and their photos----as much as anything----its just one more way to lose your privacy in a general sense thanks to the 'net.

With the internet or when you send a photo to someone else----you lose all control over your images---so---its something I don't like to do---I tell the person that if they really want to see my face---we will meet someplace and see if its acceptable to them or not.

Actually---I don't mind sending photos of my "junk" if they want it---there are billions of "cock shots" out there and pretty much----such photos are just one more set of such shots---and its pretty damn hard to be identified via your dick!!

With cock shots---so what if they do share them around??? But photos of your face-----no---I don't want to cede that much control to someone you really don't know.

I don't blame you for not wanting to send out your face photo--my advice---is---DON'T!!
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

One of the biggest problems with being "in the closet" is not so much the possibility of blackmail, but of being recognized by an acquaintance and being "outed." I have also had requests for face pictures on several sites, including this one. I only share my face pics (and even phone number and address, sometimes) with those I feel comfortable with and have developed some kind of online relationship with. Like with most things in life, if you feel uncomfortable about doing it, don't do it!
    Religion and Politics are like penises. It's okay to have and be proud of them, but it's not okay to whip them out in public and try to shove them down other people's throats!