Register

Getting hit on in public when you are not out

Ok so this has been happening to me a lot lately which is both cool and a bit intimidating. When out in public with people who I am not out to, I have been getting hit on by other guys. Like I said, cool that I am being found desirable, scary that I may tip my hand. Just wondering how other people are handling this.

Re: Getting hit on in public when you are not out

Quote Originally Posted by nakedheathen View Post
    Ok so this has been happening to me a lot lately which is both cool and a bit intimidating. When out in public with people who I am not out to, I have been getting hit on by other guys. Like I said, cool that I am being found desirable, scary that I may tip my hand. Just wondering how other people are handling this.
    Probably always happens when you don't want it too and never happen when you want.....

You're probably making eye contact with guys for a few microseconds too long, glancing at guys, or something you wear, etc. is giving you away. Or, you're just a nice looking guy that fits the "nice hottie" look. Do women do the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by NEPHX View Post
    ....Do women do the same thing?
    this woman does
    "To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu

Way before I followed through on my bi curiosity, I was out with my gf and a couple I was friends with...My gf knew a good bar and also the bartender, who was gay. He made a huge fuss of me and my hot body in front of my friends, which both embarrassed me and intrigued me. My friends were really shocked and wanted to leave, and we eventually did. I'm glad I had my gf there to prove my str8ness, but always fantasized about going back and taking him up on his offer...unfortunately it just doesn't happen anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by **Peg** View Post
    this woman does
    Unless you're hittin on nakedheathen, ... I didn't say that the right way I guess.. should have clarified more...

I mean do women do the same thing - hit on the poster nakedheathen.

Probably always happens when you don't want it too and never happen when you want.....

You're probably making eye contact with guys for a few microseconds too long, glancing at guys, or something you wear, etc. is giving you away. Or, you're just a nice looking guy that fits the "nice hottie" look. Do women do the same thing?
    EXCELLENTLY PUT...

Handling it can be fun at times. One of my general rules of thumb is not having 'involvement' with co-workers. It saves lots of headaches. That noted, one of the supervisors where I work is a real cutey. He has implied things, probably unaware and probably unintentional.

I was joking with him about a job requiring us to match names. I asked what his reaction would be if I said I couldn't read. He was real quick with an interesting smart butt remark that involved my buttocks and depriving them of air.

And then this past week he made a special point of asking if I were attending the company's annual volley ball tourney this Saturday. I told him I'd think on it but wasn't really sure. I'd fear hurting myself to play V ball. It's been ages. Besides that, he had to go out of his way to ask.

If I wasn't working there and not already happy with a guy, then it might be fun to have a go. But I do and am, and my thumb rule applies. As far as I know, he has no clue about me. Then again that might be the whole joke.

The question asked of me "do women hit on you also" yes. But then again I am supposed to be straight so can flirt without really tipping my hand.

On the other hand, I can hardly flirt with a cute guy if I am supposed to be so straight. But sometimes they are really cute guys and wouldnt mind hooking up with them, so how do you handle it?

I've been hiy on a few times at the mall, WITH MY SMALL CHILDREN WITH ME!!! WTF? That's just not fair.

and err what is the problem? everyone hitting, so I guess a decision would be in order.
    MarS,
    Official Assistant Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by **Peg** View Post
    this woman does
    Hmmmmmm

Unless you're hittin on nakedheathen, ... I didn't say that the right way I guess.. should have clarified more...

I mean do women do the same thing - hit on the poster nakedheathen.

OMG.......then no!

1. I don't hit on any men usually but

2. especially men I do not know and

3. definitely never hit on men who shine bright lights in my eyes

.....thanks for clarifying that

**Peg**
    Last edited by **Peg**; May 13, 2010 at 8:00 AM.
    "To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu

Wen me wos 'bout 20 wos in the station bar at the Waverly waitin for me m8's train 2 get in from down south.. ther wos a rite cute tall an ratha gorge brunette sittin at the table 'cross from me.. me got all the classic signs of interest.. the eye contact.. the smiles,, the furtive looks.. so wot did Fran do?? Fran moved, sat down an started chattin 'er up.. wos so obvious she wos interested..an she knew bloody well me wos.. everythin she did told me she wonted 2 get 2 kno me betta.. the touch a the hand..the way she crossed 'er legs.. the flirtin'... an then wot happened? Big bloody rugby player type sauntered in gave 'er the hug the snog an the greetin as only bf's do... talk bout bein sick as a parrot...

..an off they went an nev even a cheerio.. God.. I askya... ther nowt so strange as folk
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedheathen View Post
    The question asked of me "do women hit on you also" yes. But then again I am supposed to be straight so can flirt without really tipping my hand.

On the other hand, I can hardly flirt with a cute guy if I am supposed to be so straight. But sometimes they are really cute guys and wouldnt mind hooking up with them, so how do you handle it?
    I love to flirt with women and do it at the mall or in a restaurant. I love it when they flirt back and I am with someone. BUT when a guy flirts with me I get flustered and do not know what to do. I usually cool down and think about it discreetly. I have often gone back to the original place looking for the guy. It worked two times to my delight!