Register

Police: Man beat girlfriend, led chase over 'pride'

The issue of his girlfriend's sexuality apparently prompted a Gainesville man to attack her in front of relatives so he could "reclaim his pride," police reported.

The beating, followed by a two-county pursuit involving area law enforcement, ended Sunday evening with the arrest of John Russell Eddy Jr., 38.

Eddy, who is a registered sexual predator, is facing charges of aggravated battery, assault on an officer, battery, fleeing and eluding police, as well as a moving traffic violation. He also is accused of failing to provide home and cell phone numbers to officials, as required by his designation as a sexual predator. He was being held Monday at the Alachua County jail in lieu of $82,500 bond.

Police have said additional charges could be filed. Officers said Sunday that Eddy would be accused of attempted murder, but that charge was not listed on jail records Monday.

The Alachua County Sheriff's Office on Monday released a 911 call in which a woman told a dispatcher she had been dating Eddy for several weeks and that he was aware she was a transgender individual. But when others found out, she said he "freaked out" about it.
    http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...=1&tc=pg&tc=ar

(Sigh)
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
    —A. A. Milne
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-aoXLZGY

Re: Police: Man beat girlfriend, led chase over 'pride'

That freeking jerk needs to be taught a lesson.

Doggie
    When injustice becomes law,
    Resistance becomes DUTY. T. Jefferson

The guy is a RSO. Bad news all around for ANYONE. . . no woman should have dated him, cisgender or trans. Didn't this young lady know that? Lists of RSO's are available and sometimes published in the local paper, even. (I know the Miami Herald does it, I'm willing to believe the Gainesville Sun does too)

*Taylor*
    You can't change the way I am. . .are you strong enough to be my man?
    --Sheryl Crow

Protect your unicorn!!

Pssst! There's naked men ------------->Here!

آزادی راست کاملاموجودات ذی شعوراست

Thank you. . .

I think people sometimes fall into the "fix him" syndrome. Or they are thrilled by the sense of danger by dating a "bad boy".

Yes I agree, no one should date a RSO, it seems like that is just going to get you hurt and / or Killed.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
    —A. A. Milne

I'm sitting here reading the article and seeing that guys picture and wondering why anyone would date him period. He must hide his darker personality well to get anyone to go out with him. I hope she prosecutes to the fullest extent of the law.

There is no excuse for what he did, none.

Quote Originally Posted by MarieDelta View Post
    I think people sometimes fall into the "fix him" syndrome. Or they are thrilled by the sense of danger by dating a "bad boy".

Yes I agree, no one should date a RSO, it seems like that is just going to get you hurt and / or Killed.
    I will buy that and a side of fries, Ma'am.

*Taylor*
    You can't change the way I am. . .are you strong enough to be my man?
    --Sheryl Crow

Protect your unicorn!!

Pssst! There's naked men ------------->Here!

آزادی راست کاملاموجودات ذی شعوراست

Thank you. . .

Saw that story last night.

The guy is obviously lying about not knowing that his girlfriend was trans. He is just trying to save face by his piss poor attempt at trying to excuse his own actions.

The guy needs to be off the streets for as long as legally possible.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconAngel View Post
    Saw that story last night.

The guy is obviously lying about not knowing that his girlfriend was trans. He is just trying to save face by his piss poor attempt at trying to excuse his own actions.

The guy needs to be off the streets for as long as legally possible.
    He knew, he wasn't fine with others knowing though. That was the problem her relatives came over...
    —A. A. Milne

He knew, he wasn't fine with others knowing though. That was the problem her relatives came over...
    I thought that it was his relatives, which was why he went nutso in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconAngel View Post
    I thought that it was his relatives, which was why he went nutso in the first place.
    Yeah I guess it was his relatives.

When will we ever learn.
    —A. A. Milne

Yeah I guess it was his relatives.

When will we ever learn.
    ok. We read the article on sun-sentinal.com.