Register

Beware of scammers

Cheaters are very where and in these harsh economic times, the internet is an available method by which they get their dishonest acts done. After communicating with a user on here, who initiates the communication, I soon discover that I was being lured into a transnational financial crime, by this person(s). The profile location shifted to some place in Africa, and soon I was being asked to send personl details such passport and bank account numbers to include my account pin code. Be careful guys, there are wolves among us.

Re: Beware of scammers

i wouldn't be giving anyone i meet online my bank or passport info... no matter where i meet them...if the chat or im turned to that... i'd delete them right away..

ho yea, as soon as the requests were made i deleted them....the problem is that person is still a member of this wonderful site.

If you get these kinds of things, forward the link for their profile and any other information that you have to the FBI's internet fraud division at:

spam@uce.gov

Also, go ahead and report them to the admins and let them delete the profile. They may be able to block the IP address to prevent them, at least temporarily, from rejoining under a different ID.

Also, if anyone gets one of those e-mails in their regular e-mail box, make sure that you send that as well to spam@uce.gov as well.

I get about 3 or 4 a week and that is what I do with them as well as forwarding the e-mail address to my e-mail spam blocker.

I would do as Falcon said, however there is nothing wrong with leading them on or screwing with them. Usually I keep one or two on my buddy list for when I need to let off some steam. Hey, nothing wrong with bombarding someone with shit who really deserves it!

For some other funny ways to mess with these scum, do a search on 419busters/scams/eatters, there are alot of people who like to lead the scammers on so that they don't have time to get others.
    *Insert witty comment here*