Register

WOW--what a difference a week makes!

This past week---we had to pick up the pieces of things left bashed up thanks to the passage of the remnants of Hurricane Ike through these parts---it took me all week to get all the tree limbs up and taken care of--I just finished burning up the last pile of limbs, leaves, etc.

It was kind of a weird week thanks to that storm--but this weekend---thankfully things were more or less back to normal---and we had weather that is more like what we "should" have here--mostly clear skies--warm days and cooler nights----thankfully.

That allowed most of the normal autumn festival events to take place this weekend---unlike last weekend.

Here at the lake, in conjunction with a fall crafts festival held at the main state campground----there was a hot air balloon launch from a beach during the afternoon and later--at dusk at the campgrounds---they set up the balloons for a "balloon glow."

Here are some photos from both events:

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: WOW--what a difference a week makes!

On Friday---after finally finishing up with the recovery effort--I spent part of the day doing a "photo mission" by starting to take photographs of 50 barns scattered throughout Miami County, Ohio that leading up to the bicentennial celebration of that county---a Mexican artist had painted a series of "quilt" patterns on the barns. I only made about 15 or so of the barns and over the course of the next, however many months---will get to the others---and also back to some of the ones I took photos of in different seasons--I hope to get some nice photos of some of the barns after snowfalls.

I also found a really cool, abandoned farmstead that being around it was like stepping into a time machine to a period something like the depresson era---so I had to take some photos of it in both color and black and white---here are a sampling of those photos:

And the old farmstead: (in B&W for effect)

]

I decided to add a few more pics---two of a barn that was very interesting even though it wasn't a quilt barn (very early in the morn) and a photo I took just past first light down along the banks of the Great Miami River in Miami County:

Last edited by 12voltman59; Sep 22, 2008 at 12:22 AM.
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

awesome pics well done getting the best shots.

thanks great to brighten up my day

Volty,

You never cease to amaze me with the most stunning photos I have ever seen. Your keen eye is wonderful!. And YES, what a difference a week makes to be sure!

Belle

Hey Volt,

I love your last pictures. The river with the fog & mist.
    I find it peaceful & relaxing.

Thanks for sharing,

Oceans

Please tell us that your talents as a photographer are not being wasted on this just being a hobby.

Great pics, as usual. We get balloon races down here in South Florida a few times a year as well. And the barns and all are great. They kind of remind us of the Pennsylvania Dutch Hex Signs on their barns.