Register

Thread: Burning Man

Burning Man

Have any of you been to Burning Man? I always wanted to go to this, even thought I think it has become a little tame and commercialized since it's inception.

Now if somebody wanted to get everyone together from bisexual.com, this would be the place! Well, maybe someday...

Burning Man
    Last edited by wolfcamp; Apr 16, 2008 at 6:49 PM.
    Do you have the guts to follow your dreams?

Re: Burning Man

I also agree about it being very tame, cliched, pointless, and boring/no longer the litmus test of "cool" or the "counterculture" since it first started or at least in the last 5 years.

Heh, they made fun of it on the TV show Reno 911!

I've also heard it mentioned/made fun of in other forms of media and even Irvine Welsh made fun of it and the people who go it who think that they're being the cusp and cosmopolitans of the counterculture.

I'm also a bit concerned about the damage done to the desert/land by having all of those people there littering, camping, and driving their vehicles there as tourists.

Re: Burning Man

Wolfcamp

I have been going yearly for that last 7 years. Would love to catch up with others on this list. For a look at what really goes on the check out the official web sight, lots of photos etc. and check out the eplaya forum for what those that attend have to say too. You will find just about anything you want to find there... burningman.com

I find the freedom and creativity a refreshing change to my everyday reality,
    Arnie