Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Non-sexual things you love about women/men

I was thinking and I have certain things about women and men that I just think are awesome or maybe only a slight turn-on.

For instance, I have a thing for women who are holding either a gun or a guitar.

oh and I also have a thing about guys who wear cool sunglasses, like aviators

anyone else?
    so close no matter how far
    couldn't be much more from the heart
    forever trusting who we are
    and
    nothing else matters

Re: Non-sexual things you love about women/men

Mine are probably too predictable:

I like women who wear high heels. I also love women in business suits who look like they're really tough negotiators (maybe a corporate dominatrix fantasy?)

I like guys in tank tops. I also find it really sexy when guys can wear girly colors, like pink or coral, and still look masculine. And it's really hot when guys were jeans with big leather belts, leather boots, and a leather jacket. I'm not into guys in sunglasses though.

Women- Young and thin.

Men, uhmm. I guess I'm not that bi.

Women with guitars a definite turn on here as well, and one's that can sing too...and if she can sing and play ie: Jewel, Heart, then they've definitely got my attention.
    As for guys I always seem to gravitate towards the Martial Arts ie: Bruce Lee, a younger Chuck Norris for example..Cool to watch those moves in action...and guys with a guitars and many front men for bands as well would encompass an endless list of artists over the last 50 years. Just fascinating to watch them perform with an explosion of energy!

Ambi

Quote Originally Posted by ambi53mm View Post
    Women with guitars a definite turn on here as well, and one's that can sing too...and if she can sing and play ie: Jewel, Heart, then they've definitely got my attention.
    As for guys I always seem to gravitate towards the Martial Arts ie: Bruce Lee, a younger Chuck Norris for example..Cool to watch those moves in action...and guys with a guitars and many front men for bands as well would encompass an endless list of artists over the last 50 years. Just fascinating to watch them perform with an explosion of energy!

Ambi
    yeah the singer/songwriter chick thing is what it really is. I maybe should have specified that the chick can actually PLAY the guitar and not just hold it. Ha!
    and
    nothing else matters

Women that have a distinctive smile... Lauren Hutton, I'm looking at you.

Love that gap toothed grin.

Pixie Haircuts.

On both genders... pouty lips- - I find pouty isn't always about the size, it's about just how the lower lip is shaped and how expressive you can be with them.

I don't find Johnny Depp hot as a whole, but I would love to kiss him, just once on those lips.

Non sexual things about men. . . Hmmm, thats a hard one.

Flinty eyes, I guess... Eyes that narrow to laser intensity ... that even smiling, can still communicate something diamond-hard...be it confidence, tempered malevolence, or well. . .

Graceful Lines. . .I know a man isn't going to be young forever, but - - when he ages just right, it's- - amazing. When he communicates that. . .I'm not as young as I used to be, but I'm as good as I ever will be. . .

Passion. . .It's kinda cool to see a guy give himself to something he loves... and the pride he feels in a job well done...when everyone can see that he would not spend his days doing anything else. . .

Confidence. . .you may not see a reason for this guy to even think of himself as highly as he does. But, he does. He welds his confidence as a quiet cloak or a loud, flashy shield. But once he enters the room , he surveys it with the statement, I have arrived.

I got more attributes, but I need sleep.

*Taylor*
    You can't change the way I am. . .are you strong enough to be my man?
    --Sheryl Crow

Protect your unicorn!!

Pssst! There's naked men ------------->Here!

آزادی راست کاملاموجودات ذی شعوراست

Thank you. . .

I like direct eye contact with deep into your soul gazes.
    Kitten
    The smallest feline is a masterpiece. -Leonardo DaVinci

Unofficial Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by ambi53mm View Post
    Amen. Chicks with guitars rock! And Jewel is one of my favorites. Avril Lavigne and KT Tunstall too.

I'm also very fond of women who are strong and intelligent, yet maintain some degree of humility with it. And women who are attractive, but not arrogant or complacent.
    Last edited by Skater Boy; Mar 13, 2008 at 7:46 AM.
    "I used to be influenced by peer pressure, but my friends talked me out of it."

Hmm what do I like about men and women thats not sexual.

I guess its the ability in looking powerful.

I like a man with an edge to him.

I also like the look of looking lost in men. They need to be saved!!

But thats just me.

The way men can appear to be women- thats a very powerful image...

http://www.rockyarchive.org/img/pris...ginalShowL.png

Or even people who can bend the line.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:E...d17Oct2003.jpg

But a nice smile, a strong character does go a long way.

Enough said.
    Last edited by diB4u; Mar 13, 2008 at 7:12 AM.
    Class, race, sexuality, gender and all other categories by which we categorize and dismiss each other need to be excavated from the inside.

Dorothy Allison quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I'm also very fond of women who are strong and intelligent, yet maintain some degree of humility with it. And women who are attractive, but not arrogant or complacent.
    I too like women who are strong and intelligent.
    and
    nothing else matters

Quote Originally Posted by sometimesitbethatway View Post
    I too like women who are strong and intelligent.
    Intelligence is a good thing to have. Hmm, very good indeed, I also like emotionally strong men... Men who know what they want out in life.

Class, race, sexuality, gender and all other categories by which we categorize and dismiss each other need to be excavated from the inside.

Dorothy Allison quote.

well I'm definitely very emotional but I don't know that I can claim to be 'strong' with them. I'm very emotionally aware of myself if that counts. I do know what I want and don't want though
    and
    nothing else matters

Quote Originally Posted by sometimesitbethatway View Post
    well I'm definitely very emotional but I don't know that I can claim to be 'strong' with them. I'm very emotionally aware of myself if that counts. I do know what I want and don't want though
    Yep- that is exactly what does count as emotionally strong and forward thinking. Not a bad trait to have indeed. Pitty theres not that many men around my area that is like that.

Apart from power or more importanly confidence, i love intelligence and the ability to know what you want from any situation.

That alone reeks of sexual attraction- well for me at least.

Dorothy Allison quote.

Yup. Now that I think about it, I hate girls who just do to please men, or women for that matter. The girls who just change themselves to suit someone else and have no idea what they want but to be a puppet for someone else - huge turn-off.

Self-respect and self-reliance!!
    and
    nothing else matters

Exactly!!!

I can not stand women or men who completly change their character whenever a new love interest comes on the scene.

Self respect will get a person far!

Dorothy Allison quote.

Yeah. I feel I've been manipulated some in the past to change myself (not completely, but in different ways) then I realized I was tired of being other people and I just needed to be me.
    Some people are good manipulators though, they are real slick with it. (ok this thread is turning into something entirely different from what it started) ha!

let me try to bring it back some...

I like when guys can always pull of wearing a tie.. with anything

and women too..

and
    nothing else matters

or even this ones

Ok ok you've guessed it im a huge CSI and Eric and George fan!!!

Dorothy Allison quote.

Oh yeah... I also love creative or "arty" women (and men)... both in terms of style and profession. There's something to be said for people who are definitely unique and free-thinkers, IMO. Obviously there's more to life than appearances, but a "tastefully individual" sense of style can be quite captivating sometimes...

True very true Skater.

Dorothy Allison quote.

For the ladies--I like to see ladies in a nice tight sweater and maybe a well fitting pair of jeans with either pointy heeled shoes or cowboy type boots--and when I think about it---a gal in a nice flowly dress, long hair kind of kinked and with some cowboy boots is kinda hot too. I like her to have lots of bangly bracelets on her arms----and some dangly earings.

For guys---I think guys look good when they are in reasonably good shape---have a nice tan----have a nice high quality watch on like a Rolex Gold and Stainless Submariner or a Breitling, maybe a linked braclet on the other wrist, perhaps a neck chain too----they might have a pair of jeans on or a nice pair of slacks---some nice shoes and wearing a sharp looking shirt--no tie--and a very good, crisp looking smart sport coat---

For both--they have to have a nice, friendly, warm personality with a "nice smile"

It really has not too much to do with sexual attraction--simply that I enjoy looking at some nice, attractive people----
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I too have a HUGE thing for women and their guitars .

Also :

A woman that is super compassionate, and loyal. Her beautiful smile. A woman who wears sensual perfumes. Soft skin, soft voice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 02.jpg   220px-Miranda_Lambert.jpg   basilica_border_ezg_1.jpg   e5so82_xs.jpg  
    You might forget a persons name , you might even forget what they said , but you'll never forget how they made you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedLady(GEL) View Post
    I too have a HUGE thing for women and their guitars .
    LOL, I'm beginning to think that EVERYONE does! Seriously though, I wonder why that is... maybe its something to do with guitar-playing being a stereotypically masculine pass-time, and so when we see women (especially attractive ones) doing it, they somehow seem to be challenging the status quo and subverting the...

ANYWAY... nice pictures, Lynn Anne... thanks for sharing.

I like strong , intelligent, confident people(either gender.)
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
    —A. A. Milne
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-aoXLZGY

Thinking of nen-sexual things that attract - well attraction is erotic I guess.

With women - I love watching a woman peering in the mirror putting on lipstick or doing her lashes.
    Totally unconciously playing with their hair whilst reading or concentrating.
    Windblown hair.

Men - Unconscious smiles at a friend. Treating women (any woman) with old fashioned manners. Anything that doesn't involve displays of testoronic fuelled behaviours.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    LOL, I'm beginning to think that EVERYONE does! Seriously though, I wonder why that is... maybe its something to do with guitar-playing being a stereotypically masculine pass-time, and so when we see women (especially attractive ones) doing it, they somehow seem to be challenging the status quo and subverting the...

ANYWAY... nice pictures, Lynn Anne... thanks for sharing.
    I love folk /folk rock music , and I myself play guitar. Well learning lol I just love the type of music these ladies play. Miranda Lambert is a tad more country but heavens her voice and guitar playing makes me melt. Accoustics and raw talent. Be still myheart
    You might forget a persons name , you might even forget what they said , but you'll never forget how they made you feel.

Cool Re: Non-sexual things you love about women/men

I like gamers, geeks, artists, and very like able personalties...

yes, looks are a minor factor but if a guy / girl can draw (for example), is at least interested in games, can keep up with me when I get techinial (code and hardware), and a likable personality that allows them to interact with my friends on their own instead of a (oh, they're with me)...

Thats pretty much it. I'm more interested in the soul of the person really. I never really bothered to look at all.
    The square root of a negative friend is proof of imaginary friends

and
    nothing else matters

and how could I forget that I like women who wear those big earrings (mainly sarah michelle gellar, but it's all good)

Last edited by sometimesitbethatway; Mar 13, 2008 at 8:55 PM.
    and
    nothing else matters

For GEL--this is Karin Lindquist of Over the Rhine--some pics I took of her playing at a recent show.

Here hubby, Linford Detwiler is playing bass in the background--on this she is playing one of my favorite songs of the group, a song called "Ohio" incidently.

Sorry some of the photos are a bit "noisy"--the lighting is not the best in the place and you really have to "push" the camera in those conditions.
    Last edited by 12voltman59; Mar 13, 2008 at 10:51 PM.

Here are some more photos of some real ladies---the first two are of another lady singer--I honestly don't know the band or her name--they are a blues band and they were one of many bands playing at a weekend long fundraising event at the Rabbit Hash General Store in Rabbit Hash, Kentucky. Some of the bands played in the store, which dates back to 1831 and others played in the dance barn which literally sits out over the Ohio River--one of these days someone is going to fall through the floor and dump into the river!! The third one is of some biker lady wearing some interesting headgear---I found her kind of sexy looking--since she had a playful look on her face. She and her friends were among the many thousands who were at the show that weekend:

At my cousins' halloween party last year---I took this shot of one of their friends--I think she is kinda hot--especially in the pirate costume:

A few more of Karin Linford at an outdoor show from last summer: