Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Klein Grid BlogTool

Anyone else seen this going around lately? I like this version of the grid. It was easy to get through, although today's reading is a little on the straight side. Maybe I'll stay inside today.

http://www.youthnetsouthampton.org.u.../kleingrid.php

Re: Klein Grid BlogTool

Interesting test. Just as I figured, I'm a 2.5 on the scale. Guess it has to do with my emotional feelings for women. But I do enjoy the physical aspects of mm sex very much. Guess I'm just your average part time homosexual
    undefined"For in the dew of little things, the heart finds its morning and is refreshed."

Interesting-----------scored a 2.5, right where I thought I would be. Thanks for the site!
    Don't be afraid to try Bi!

2 = predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual

I scored a 2.24....which is how i feel about right now.
    Thanks for the link.
    It is better to be hated for who you are.....than to be liked for who you are not!!

I scored a 2.76 and am wondering if a test with seven questions can really be accurate to three digits

Years ago we used to hand out a print version of this as an icebreaker sometimes at the old bi group. I'm dubious about how useful the number is - doesn't the test consider the genders of people I socialize with as important as the genders of people I have sex with? - but as something to get people talking and thinking, it's great. I also like the way it moves discussion from "but I've never been in a relationship with a man" or "but I've only made out with a girl once and we were kinda drunk" to asking what you'd like your life to be like.

Hmmm, I ranked in at 3.25. Which sounds about right.

yep, right down the middle line 3.43 just like always.
    "To each monkey, it's own swing.." - old Latino Provberb

......... 3.33 - more queer that straight - well there not wrong .........

I ranked 1.5, but to be honest, the test doesn't mean that much to me. I see my being bi totally differently. But if I you ask me how 'bisexual' I am, I'd say I'd be 2/3 straight and 1/3 gay, so that should make me a 2.
    Especially the future you bit says more about how comfortable you are with alternate lifestyles. One might want to be entirely heterosexual, just to fit in, but really only feel attracted to one's own sex. As for the past and present self, they say more about how easily one could accept one's orientation in the past and how comfortable one is and was to act on that. So I'd say the test does not say much about what one's orientation actually is, but more about how one feels about it. So my 1.5 on this test, compared with the 2 says that I feel /felt uncomfortable with feeling attracted to men.
    What would interest me would be a questionnaire on aspects of attraction towards characteristics of one's partner (looks, behaviour). For me, those aspects would be partly gay, partly straight. A questionnaire could be made that's a bit like the 5 languages of love test on the same site (where I came out as seeking predominatly quality time, followed by physical intimacy), but would include physical characteristics as well.
    These aspects would have to focus on male / female behaviour and characteristics. E.g. I'd like my partner to have a penis / vagina, be muscular / not muscular, I feel romantic when taking my partner out, I feel romantic when my partenr takes me out, etc.
    Perhaps we should build out own test.
    Peter
    having the best of the bi world

Smile Re: Klein Grid BlogTool

I scored a 1.33 - which is lower than I expected.

But where was the "bisexual" options?

Gay men and bi men think very differently.

Love and Peace from the UK

Rupe
    Love conquers all

I ended up at 2.1, lower than expected, probably because I just realized I was bi and therefore the "past" was all "other sex". I'll have to try again in another year or two and see where I'm at!
    Dave in NJ

2.71 for me. I'm split, which I suppose can be good and can be bad.

Right now it's not what I was hoping it would be.

love and kisses
    xoxoxo
    meteast
    "All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."-Marc Chagall "Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen "Annie Hall"

I scored 2.95, which is what I expected.

I LOVE the KSOG and have used it in a lot of sexuality workshops. I've always gotten positive reactions from people who see it for the first time and have their eyes opened that sexuality could be seen in such a complex way, rather than just "who you have sex with." The thing I don't like about the grid, though, is that there is no mention of "bisexual." This is odd, being that Fritz Klein himself is a very bisexual man.

I was a 1.24 About where I thought it would be.

Mrs.F

Klein Grid BlogTool

I got a 2.76 Did anyone take any of the other tests?

0 = exclusively heterosexual
    1 = predominantly heterosexual, incidentally homosexual
    3 = equally heterosexual and homosexual
    4 = predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
    5 = predominantly homosexual, incidentally heterosexual
    6 = exclusively homosexual
    http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...7a7ac275b3.gif
    Hugs,
    Arana

Life is a strange thing...
    Just when you think you've learned how to use it, it's gone.....

Hi Arana,

Getting 2.14 on the first test I went to the "Multidimensional Scale of Sexuality"
    It said: "According to your answers, it is likely that you identify as Heterosexual with some homosexuality" - sounds about right. Interesting link and forum thread.

PMG.

i've gotta agree with rupert. there was too much straight /gay and not enough bi in the darn thing.. almost makes ya want to throw the darn thing out cause it is stilted too much and doesnt allow for those of us in the middle . it's kind of like taking a MMPI test here in the states, which is a personality inventory type thing and has become a sort of standard for many institutions looking to screen for certain unwanted traits in it's employees.. again, trouble is, it's stilted, in this case towards heavy christian values. i know this based on having a co partner in a small business i once was invloved in fail it because he's budhhist. the psychiatric professional he had to see threw the test results out when she learned this and cleared him so he could proceed on with his certifications.

i didnt really pay attention to this one's link all that closely, but did it happen to be authored by a college or university as a baseline test of some sort??
    "To each monkey, it's own swing.." - old Latino Provberb

1.9, but it's obvious what you are going to score before you submit you answers.
    RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

The highest reward for a person's effort is not what they get for it, but what they become by it

Talking Re: Klein Grid BlogTool

Scored a 3, right in the middle. This is just right...

The Klein Sexual Orientation Grid
    You scored an average of 3

0 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Heterosexual Bisexual Homosexual

Meaning
    This result can also be related to the Kinsey Scale:

0 = exclusively heterosexual
    1 = predominantly heterosexual, incidentally homosexual
    3 = equally heterosexual and homosexual
    4 = predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
    5 = predominantly homosexual, incidentally heterosexual
    6 = exclusively homosexual
    Being bisexual doubles your chances for a date...

Codybear

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingrichard
    it's kind of like taking a MMPI test here in the states, which is a personality inventory type thing and has become a sort of standard for many institutions looking to screen for certain unwanted traits in it's employees.. again, trouble is, it's stilted, in this case towards heavy christian values.
    Agreed that the MMPI is stilted, but it actually comes with a warning that Christian priests and ministers sometimes score high on the "deliberate lie" section - because they really are scrupulous about their behavior.

The MMPI includes a "male-female" axis - women are supposed to score high in the female direction, men the opposite. Answer "true" to "I would enjoy being a florist" and you get a female point. Answer "true" to "I enjoy football" and get a male point. The two cancel each other out; no androgyny here ...

Recent test documentation suggests that male/female, once used to "diagnose" non-straight sexual orientation, be ignored, and notes that people whose scores don't match their gender may face a rough time in life. True enough, I suppose, but for me these late-in-the-game bugfixes don't make up for the fact that it's a deeply flawed test rooted in societal assumptions about who's normal and healthy.

I got a 2.48! To be honest I thought I was a 3; right down the middle. I guess my past skewed my numbers. Perhaps if I take the test in a year or so my results will have me closer to or over a 3.

Excellent link glantern, ty
    i got 5.19, about what i expected
    cheers
    Huney
    xxx
    xx
    x
    Om Mani Padme Hum

I took this the other day and I got a 3.67 which was where I expected to be.

I'm surprised. I only got a 1.7. I thought I'd be higher toward the gay end.

J
    If sex is a pain in the ass, you're doing it wrong.

I am a 3.19. I always though of myself much more straight. Im a lot gayer than I realized. Interesting!!!

2.86-Personally I feel I lean more toward lesbian that hetero anyway...I always have. I think it's the fact that in "the past" I only had experience (sexually, socially or emotionally) with the opposite sex. Now I'm married with a gf...I just don't ever feel hetero in the least...
    wildangel

I scored a 2.9, I really thought I was going to be a solid 3.

I got a 1.52 My "straight" past threw down the average.
    But Damn, I should get points for how distracted I was by slaphappypud's avatar.

My ideal is a solid 3 across the board.

"It's not that I mind being queer... because I don't. I just wish other people weren't so put off by it."
    - from Kinsey

woolleygirl

Mine was 2.95 which didn't suprise me that much I know what and I like both big suprise there.

Theresa

I tossed out the heterosexual/homosexual lifestyle question, since I think it an aside. My score was then 2.06, but what was more interesting was this:

Past 1.33

Present 2.17

Ideal 2.67

The Present is not the Ideal due to the constraint of a sorry lack of good prospective intimate friends, compounded by a wife who is only partially understanding! There are simply too many heterosexuals and homosexuals and not enough male bisexuals!

Keeping the lifestyle question in lowered each score by an average of 0.05.