Register

People you have never spoken to who send friend requests

Just recently I have had a couple of friend requests from people I have not spoken with/chatted on line with or in one case someone who has not ever even participated in a thread to which I have contributed. Is it just me or do others get this?

From my perspective I just reject them, but I wondered if there is an etiquette attached to this on the site?

Re: People you have never spoken to who send friend requests

I don't get it and reject all unless I have chatted with them or they live close. I think some people just try to get a high number of friends for some strange reason.

I do that sometimes because I lurk more than I post :|
    But I still want to talk to new friends.

Personally I reject ones like that. For me to except a friend request, it has to be from someone I have talked to some.
    Fake glasses + Mustache tattoo = perfect disguise

So drop them a line and Ask. "Do I know you?" How are people going to get to know you if you reject them right off the bat? Give people a chance, and if they turn out to be trolls, kick em to the curb. But theres some great people on here as well.
    Just my humble 2 cents..:}
    Cat
    I'm tryin' my best to leave a loving foot print on the hearts of the folks who's lives I touch..longly, or briefly..:}
    Minx

Women and cats will do as they please, so men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    Robert A. Heinlein

You are pretty new here Maggie, you will find that this site goes in cycles. You will get that type garbage for awhile then it will slow down. Then a new member will come on and flood everyone within a 100 miles with messages. Usually trolls or married guys looking for a quick free piece of ass because they can't handle what they have at home. Read them and take it with a grain of salt. If they are real they will make contact way before they send a friend request. Although some of the drunks on here can really make your day as they forget what they told you last time and serve up a new story. When it gets bad you can simply disable your profile for a few weeks and wait it out.
    Treat her like a thoroughbred and you will never have a nag.

I have to agree with Cat here.. a friend request is not a request for a sexual hookup. It may just mean they saw something you posted or saw you in chat or whatever and thought you were worth getting to know. Btw.. you can add people to your friends list without sending them a request.. so they aren't just being trolls out looking for someone or trying to pull an FB multi friends competition thing.. just interested in talking to you further.
    Standing hand in hand with my love

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

As usual, Miss Kitty is the voice of common sense and reason. That sort of thing happened with Miss Kitty and I, she said something in a thread and I sent her a private message. She responded and we had a very brief, but nice conversation. And, we've spoken a few times since then. I have even been given a Cherokee name!!!!!

If only Arizona was a little bit closer to Washingon .............., probably ruin my health, but oooooohhhh what a way to gooooooooo