Register
    Azrael

the breast beckfast ever

Berserker's Amazing Asian Scram!
    1 and 1/2 Stalks celery, half to one clove garlic few peices of healthy bok-choy(leaf and stalk), Half a carrot, shredded, slice or two of spanish onion, all chopped into 3/4 to 1 1/2 inch peices
    3 eggs mixed w a bit of 2 % milk
    start with a frying pan and some sesame oil.
    heat up the oil, sautee garlic first, then add veggies.
    after veggies have cooked down, stir in a HAIR of red curry paste and deglaze with your desired amount of soy sauce
    take a strainer, drain your veggies and set off to side
    let the contents of the pan drip out, you shouldn't need to clean the pan, just gives the eggs more flavor
    scramble eggs a bit, add desired amount of veggies
    cook til done, put in a bowl or on a plate
    top off with shredded cheese (sharp cheddar is what I used)
    and enjoy!
    not stolen or learned, but straight out of my head trying to feed my damn self. turned out dank as fuck
    I've also done this with cabbage and peppers and a wee bit of ginger. Get adventurous!
    Last edited by Azrael; Aug 21, 2007 at 8:26 AM.

Re: the breast beckfast ever

Sounds really yummy. I've found that the best dishes usually are improv (so are some of the worst unfortunately). I'll have to make that tomorrow. Already thinking of variations too. I'll let you know how they turn out
    "The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool. " — Douglas Adams

This sounds real good Az. I will definitely try this recipe. But one thing my friend....... where does one find "a HAIR of red curry paste ". I can't seem to find curry paste hair anywhere.

I think I will try it using extra sharp cheddar.

Last edited by Doggie_Wood; Aug 25, 2007 at 7:44 AM.
    When injustice becomes law,
    Resistance becomes DUTY. T. Jefferson

Azrael

I should have clarified, the garlic gets chopped real fine and is the first thing to hit the sesame oil, along with ginger if any is being used (low-ball it, with the ginger).

Wanted to tell you about a variation. 2 cloves garlic, minced (I loves me some garlic) Left over Collard Greens, leeks, a few drops Dave's Insanity Sauce (If you're not <i>really</i> into heat you may want to just use tabasco) & black beans. Shred gogonzola over the top just before removing from the skillet
    "The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool. " — Douglas Adams

Azrael

Quote Originally Posted by shameless agitator View Post
    Wanted to tell you about a variation. 2 cloves garlic, minced (I loves me some garlic) Left over Collard Greens, leeks, a few drops Dave's Insanity Sauce (If you're not <i>really</i> into heat you may want to just use tabasco) & black beans. Shred gogonzola over the top just before removing from the skillet
    Nice. I know this insanity sauce well. It's nothing compared to MY insanity sauce, but it's ok
    Speaking of, my buddy from work has a russian friend who loves hot sauce. Mr. "I said HOT". I have been challenged to make my hottest sauce.
    It's fucking ON
    All the usual shit and techniques, with a twist.
    Scotch Bonnets.
    I pity this poor foolish man's GI tract after what I'm about to do to it.
    Wherever he lies, there shall he be buried.
    Garlic freak as well. Good, and good for you.
    That sounds dank as fawk. Can't go wrong w/leeks.
    In case you were wondering......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_bonnet
    somewhere, quietly, this man's tripe is quivering in fear.......
    Last edited by Azrael; Aug 25, 2007 at 10:10 PM. Reason: what do you care? it's correct NOW

Quite familiar with scotch bonnets aka habaneros. I use them quite often in my chili. If you can get your hands on some of the red ones you'll have the fucker begging for mercy.I don't know ifi it's available there or not, but I found a store up here that sells straight habanero juice.

Azrael

Quite familiar with scotch bonnets aka habaneros. I use them quite often in my chili. If you can get your hands on some of the red ones you'll have the fucker begging for mercy.I don't know ifi it's available there or not, but I found a store up here that sells straight habanero juice.
    Similar to habaneros but not quite the same. In the same family, but more a staple of Jamaican/Carribean cuisine
    That's fuckin' sweet
    He's a really good guy, actually. Amazing musician, good father, hard worker. But I WILL DESTROY HIM!!!!!

scotch bonnets, cousin of the habaneros

Eaten raw, these peppers are also known to cause dizziness, numbness of hands and cheeks, and severe heartburn.

And they do - I eat 6-8 home grow, home canned jalapenos daily - but these fucker are hot! But good tasting.

When injustice becomes law,
    Resistance becomes DUTY. T. Jefferson

and be careful about letting the shit touch your skin when you cook with them. Learned that the hard way. Wore my gloves like I was supposed to, but wiped the sweat off my forehead and side of my face without thinking about it. My eye was swollen shut for 3 days

Azrael

and be careful about letting the shit touch your skin when you cook with them. Learned that the hard way. Wore my gloves like I was supposed to, but wiped the sweat off my forehead and side of my face without thinking about it. My eye was swollen shut for 3 days
    I learned this the hard way YEARS ago when I first started workin' as a cook

Yeah, I knew you knew this. Was putting it out there for anybody who might not.