Register
Page 230 of 270 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,900 of 8098
    Unofficial Community Leader

Re: New Game, Label Recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard-lix View Post
    He;s done it so many times now, it is hard to let it slide, for me at least.

I tend to be that way with bigots, racists and folks who hate us queers!
    The word " queer " has always been a slur, used by bigots, hypocrites.... so why embrace it ? Much like blacks who protest the word " nigger " & yet become rich by promulgating it in their rap, gangsta shit !
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Quote Originally Posted by pepperjack View Post
    I really wasn't aware of an ongoing pattern, just what I thought was an isolated incident with the anti-Semitic rant. And attributing his perceived mental decline to a movie so early in his career ( Mad Max, 1979 ) just didn't make sense to me.
    Anti-Semitic? He is against Arabs & people from Northern Africa?

Again, he might have voiced vitriol toward Ashkenazic Jews, yet not toward Arabs or people from Northern Africa. Yes, Ashkenazic Jews are a lot different than Sephardic Jews. You can learn more here.

As for Gibson being a bigot? I do not know him beyond his public image, inclusive of what he says. I perceive him seeming bigoted from those factors. Though, he may be a religious fanatic instead. This seems logical as well, considering a lot of people following Christianity seem on par with fanatical Muslims in sharing a "convert to my belief or die" mentality. Note, I am not saying all. Then too, a lot of Ashkenazic Jews share that same mentality as well.

If they all follow the same G*d of Abraham, why must they insist only a singular belief/thought is correct and all others incorrect? Why not instead pool resources? Oh wait, they already do. All three religions fight among themselves serving to spoil the world for all others not interested in being of their thought/idea/belief. Got it now, they write about big scary monsters then create them for those they perceive as apathetic, weak, different. Ah ha! The old beat the big scary different over the head with bigger and more scary different ploy. I see it clearly now.

How fucking plainly immature, stupid. No wonder I tell all religions to take a hike. I have no need of any offering me either reward for doing good, or punishment for doing bad. When I choose to be good it is simply for the sake of being good. When I choose being bad, well, we have things called laws/rules/codes/statutes for punishment and more than not I choose being bad for a plethora of reasons. One such reason I see warranted is to disobey unjust laws and to not consent to tyranny, in fascist form, in religious form, in dogmatic form ... whatever form tyranny and oppression choose, I oppose it.

Now, excuse me, I will digress. Thought we had a fun whimsical game within a thread here. Fuck me! I was thinking, again. Teaches me.

Why embrace a derogatory slur? To strip it of its power. I can call myself queer, faggot, dirty cock sucking princess, I may let liz call me those as well. But you cannot, I exclude you as you exclude me in using the word as a slur. Daggers like words are dual edged, offensive and defensive. Ultimately though any duality realizes itself as a monad, a whole, without one you cannot have the other. For example, no order without chaos. Attempting to have only one or the other is childish at best/worst. Then, I'm some poorly educated and not wealthy, bisexual country boy, what would I know?

* gives two finger salute and raspberries * "Aw, fuck the Bozos!"
    Last edited by void(); Feb 4, 2016 at 12:12 AM.

My point is Void. why demean myself when I get more than enough of that from the outside world ?

And the selective, hypocritical use of a slur does not diminish its power. In spite of its prevalence in the gangsta rap sub-culture, the word " nigger " ( it was so overused in the movie Django Unchained it became wearisome ) can still provoke some into violence.

Yeah, I'm with the whole stinkin' mess also !
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

I really wasn't aware of an ongoing pattern, just what I thought was an isolated incident with the anti-Semitic rant. And attributing his perceived mental decline to a movie so early in his career ( Mad Max, 1979 ) just didn't make sense to me.
    The rant has happened several times and I was just kidding about him getting as crazy as Max because of doing the movies.

He does seem to be one of those folks who think anything that is not fundamental Christianity is wrong.

Back to the game...

Mad Max!

max headroom damn can't leave the 80's lol

(loved Max Headroom! It was brilliant!)

Giving head (good at any time!)

getting head would be good too

Getting ahead

getting (it in the) behind :P

behind the 8-ball (yes, Annika lives)
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Behind the curve (Yay Annika!)

curvalicious!
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

bubblicious

Blowing Bubbles (and Bubbles likes it!

blowing it bigtime

The wind is currently an issue here.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Ever since they began naming storms at beginning of December here it has only stopped blowing 1 day in 4... think they should stop and let us go back to more normal high winds instead of gales and storm force..

... and rain? Ffs. Noah had it easy!
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Rainman (and happy to take your storms here, we are heading back into drought)

Dry as a bone (I wish)
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Lynchburg, Tennessee; home to the iconic, world famous Jack Daniels Whiskey distillery....is in a dry county.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Lynchburg, Tennessee; home to the iconic, world famous Jack Daniels Whiskey distillery....is in a dry county.
    Must be why it is one of the most foul whiskies on the planet, and there are a few... most of which come from this little damp land.. wonder what our excuse is?

Will stick to me cognac tyvm..

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post

Will stick to me cognac tyvm..
    Gran Duque d' Alba (Or good Kentucky bourbon. But some Laphroaig or The Macallum goes a treat too :-)
    Last edited by lizard-lix; Feb 9, 2016 at 7:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post
    Must be why it is one of the most foul whiskies on the planet, and there are a few... most of which come from this little damp land.. wonder what our excuse is?
    The country with the most people will likely have the most geniuses, and also the most assholes. I think Scotland's excuse for bad whiskies is simply the Law of Large Numbers. The percentage of Scotland's whiskies that are actually foul is strikingly low...but that still makes a substantial number.

Myself, I'll take Aberlour's A'bunadh...or the Irish single malt Connemara. But I could list Scotch whiskies I'd be happy to "settle for" for several lines!

My point is Void. why demean myself when I get more than enough of that from the outside world ?
    Can understand that. If it feels wrong you don't need it.

Seems the game is on about whiskey. I had to step away a bit, reload a different flavor of
    Linux onto the computer. Seems I have adoring fans what trick my computer into becoming
    a white room box, no matter if I desire it being so or not. My repository listing gets reset to
    being experimental. *chuckles* The idea being, "hey that B___ guy, he hacks Lisp and other
    stuff, he'll break the experimental stuff, we'll get his logs and see how to strip cruft, fix it."

They do this same routine with other various users. The they being the developers and
    maintainers of the software. Ethically, morally it is not technically wrong or bad. And,
    no they are not 'cracking' or breaking into people's computers. They're running lab tests
    on software to make it better.

This in some ways akin to SETI at home's folding method. The developers have access to
    a big pool of users, all doing different things with the software. The developers look at
    log files and further develop the software to help users. Gee, sounds like something Microsoft
    ought to do, but they don't.

On to whiskey though ...

Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound

Quote Originally Posted by void() View Post
    Hell's Ditch

Quote Originally Posted by void() View Post
    Can understand that. If it feels wrong you don't need it.

Seems the game is on about whiskey. I had to step away a bit, reload a different flavor of
    Linux onto the computer. Seems I have adoring fans what trick my computer into becoming
    a white room box, no matter if I desire it being so or not. My repository listing gets reset to
    being experimental. *chuckles* The idea being, "hey that B___ guy, he hacks Lisp and other
    stuff, he'll break the experimental stuff, we'll get his logs and see how to strip cruft, fix it."

They do this same routine with other various users. The they being the developers and
    maintainers of the software. Ethically, morally it is not technically wrong or bad. And,
    no they are not 'cracking' or breaking into people's computers. They're running lab tests
    on software to make it better.

This in some ways akin to SETI at home's folding method. The developers have access to
    a big pool of users, all doing different things with the software. The developers look at
    log files and further develop the software to help users. Gee, sounds like something Microsoft
    ought to do, but they don't.

On to whiskey though ...

Actually, I just made a simple mental connection with the word " dry " which quickly morphed into a pissing contest about preferences. Nevertheless, I like the " wild west " environment here ! Appeals to my maverick nature. Yep. " Come hell & high water ! "
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Water over the bridge it is then.

Or, water under the bridge///

Quote Originally Posted by lizard-lix View Post
    Or, water under the bridge///
    Bridge! Nah, I want to play gin rummy.

NB: Been ages since I've played a good round of
    rummy in good company. A small group of us did
    play at a time, recall everyone getting hilariously
    drunk and enjoying the game for simply being a
    game. We did rounds of 500, whoever won got
    to call the round/s drunk by the losers/s.
    Last edited by void(); Feb 10, 2016 at 8:51 AM.

O dear, Pep... hardly a pissing contest... a wee scour of some past threads shows us what pissing contests r like...

...and Annika, ur right of course...there are relatively few ghastly Scotch whiskies compared to the overall number produced. Me dad was the expert, but I do drink the more mellow kind... Tobermory is very nice but difficult to get even here. Even many blends r drinkable... howeva.. none whiskies of ne kind is more drinkable than me Courvoisier or Remy Martin.. simply a matter of taste...

Btw there are now several English whiskies being made these days.. serpently the stuff produced in Lake District is very nice... me friend took me on a tour of the distillery not long ago. Beautiful setting and food wasnt bad either... rain was hell tho... o well... need water 2 make the stuff do we not so shouldn't complain!