Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: strange/weird children names that makes you go "what were you thinking?!?!"

my mom once worked with someone named Chip Unfried (pronounced un-freed)... but when his name appeared on some application last name first, it was "Unfried, Chip"...

my wife has a student by the name of Psyche (pronounced, and i'm not kidding, "Sashay").

Quote Originally Posted by TashaSW View Post
    I was reading some children names people gave to thier kids.
    Yes it probably has a meaning to the mother OR maybe its cute but when the kid gets older, they may be the subject to some awful name calling bullies just cause of thier name
    Makes you wonder what were these parents thinking ???

What names have you heard that makes you go "poor kid" cause you know thier name gonna get picked on in school?

Mine would have to be APPLE!!! (we all know whos daughter that is lol)
    and the name that Ginger Spice gave her daughter... Bluebelle?

Strange odd names... but I don't think they will get picked on since the attention may be more on thier famous moms instead.

Tasha
    Oh this is big trend in many countries now especially in Puerto Rico. They borrow names from the English language and also make these surealistic ones out of the combiantion of the parent's names. I know of a cute girl name "Rodsyl". I used to be friends with her mom. Her name's Sylvia, the father's Rodolfo. Honestly when I say the kid's name out loud it sounds like a new medicine for vaginal itching.She did this out of a singer from the Dominican Republic her name Charytin and her husband was Elin, their son was named Chalim. I also had a classmate in elemetary school called "Restituto", one of the ugliest names I have heard ever! He was never bullied as he was one himself....well with that name! I even recall and this was true honest! A grandmother wanted her grandaughter to be named Clittoris!!!! it took a great deal of peolpe to convince her otherwise.

My mom went to school with someone who's last name was Butt (I don't recall what his first name was...) but his father's first name was Royal....Royal Butt...Yikes!
    "Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people....but I've got the pistols, so I'll keep the pesos....." (~~The Refreshments "Banditos")

These types of lists are always fun.....

Many moons ago while still in school I worked in medical records. I ran across a name while doing some purging of files. We aren't supposed to look, but when purging you have to check every page before sending to get microfilmed. Sometimes you just can't help noticing things.

The child was named Mary Jane

The Family name was Reefer.

I always wondered how the girl made out going through life as Mary Jane Reefer...

I wonder about the President of Duke University's parents. They named him Richard and their family name is Brodhead. But maybe they were prescient because he is a Dick(brod)head.

Wife was at hospital with her father at time close to his death with 3 sisters when they announced a call for : Dr. Richard Head: They all just looked at each other and broke out in laughter, guess they needed that just then.

There was a racecar driver from the 90's.
    Dick Trickle.
    No, I'm not kidding.

I once new a couple who name their son " Asfault" after her ass and his fault.

heard on Auntie a few months back..

Terry Bull
    Anna Sasin
    Paige Turner
    Annette Curtain
    Anna Prentice.

as evidence of them and more http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7909561.stm

...and a guy me sister went 2 school wiv and fancied summat rotten but nev got a look in.. Bill Hooke. His dad, after whom he was named after has always been known as Wullie... no fool he.
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

there was a lady on jerry springer , whose name was aqua net . really !

OK, OK, here are the crazy names I have encountered: A woman I knew in college was named Mara Bloom, a flowery name. Then there was a guy named Seymour Krotch and his sister Ophelia Krotch. Always cracked me up when I saw them. Then I had a client named Fuk Kew. He would answer the phone "Fuk Kew!" I always let my secretary call him up so I wouldn't have to ask for Fuk Kew.

I knew a podiatrist named Dr Foote and a gastroenterologist named Dr Belch.
    BiBoz49 Live in the moment

Another interesting name was Ivanhoe McKnight.
    BiBoz49 Live in the moment

Mason, Tyler, Taylor, Amber, Jasun, Aimee/Amee, Shane, Liam, Paige/Page, Jordan, Kelly/Kelli, Brooklyn, Jayden, Ethan, Aiden, Brantley, Britinee/Britney, Briann/Bree, Mortimer, Cody, Brandy/Brandi/Brandee, Heather, Channing, Chase, Brianna, Amber, Serena, Melody, Dakota, Sierra, Bambi, Crystal, Samantha, Autumn, Ruby, Taylor, Tara, Tammy, Lauren, Charlene, Chantelle, Courtney, Misty, Jenny, Krista, Mindy, Noel, Shelby, Trina, Reba, Cassandra, Nikki, Kelsey, Shawna, Jolene, Urleen, Claudia, Savannah, Casey, Dolly, Kendra, Kylie, Chloe, Devon, Emmalou, Becky, Jethro, Bubba, Krystal, TJ, Dwayne, Jermaine, Cheyenne, Chantal, Shania, Shakira, Charlize, Jessi, Dustin, Christi/Christee, Lennox, Maddox, Kingston, Jackson, Coco, Buddy, Cooper, Murphy, Harlee, Kati/Katelyn, Leighann, Dakota, Broden, Chuck, Earl, Sean, Ryland, Darryl, Jake, Bo, Norman, Caden, Quinn, Quim, Jamie, Lacee/Laci, Hudson, Devon/Devin, Gemma/Jemma, Hailey, Liam, Elijah, Levi, Dee, Nise/Nice/Neece, Cletus, Warren, and Madison.

First names like: Lorraine, Charaine, Charmaine, Leeanne, Leah, DuWayne, Sharon, Sherilyn, Sherraine, Sharmayne, Rusty, Kevin, Darren, La- anything, De- anything, weirdly-placed apostrophe anything, using punctuation instead of a letter anything, any luxury brand, any type of liquor. And Lorraine again. Really, it's nasty. Lorraine is a cheap-ass, nasty, low-rent, no class name.

And for fucks sake since when did it become acceptable to name a child anything that sounds like a stripper, but not the nice kind, the sort with razor burn and a Caesarian scar. What fucking fuckery fucktard parent does this?

Last edited by pole_smoker; Apr 22, 2015 at 1:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pole_smoker View Post
    Mason, Tyler, Taylor, Amber, Jasun, Aimee/Amee, Paige/Page, Jordan, Kelly/Kelli, Brooklyn, Jayden, Ethan, Aiden, Brantley, Mortimer, Cody, Brandy/Brandi/Brandee, Heather, Channing, Chase, Brianna, Amber, Serena, Melody, Dakota, Sierra, Bambi, Crystal, Samantha, Autumn, Ruby, Taylor, Tara, Tammy, Lauren, Charlene, Chantelle, Courtney, Misty, Jenny, Krista, Mindy, Noel, Shelby, Trina, Reba, Cassandra, Nikki, Kelsey, Shawna, Jolene, Urleen, Claudia, Savannah, Casey, Dolly, Kendra, Kylie, Chloe, Devon, Emmalou, Becky, Jethro, Bubba, Krystal, TJ, Dwayne, Jermaine, Cheyenne, Chantal, Shania, Shakira, Charlize, Jessi, Dustin, Christi/Christee, Lennox, Maddox, Kingston, Jackson, Coco, Buddy, Cooper, Murphy, Harlee, Kati/Katelyn, Leighann, Dakota, Broden, Chuck, Earl, Sean, Ryland, Darryl, Jake, Bo, Norman, Caden, Quinn, Quim, Jamie, Lacee/Laci, Hudson, Devon/Devin, Gemma/Jemma, Hailey, Liam, Elijah, Levi, Dee, Nise/Nice/Neece, Cletus, and Madison.

First names like: Lorraine, Charaine, Charmaine, Leeanne, Leah, DuWayne, Sharon, Sherilyn, Sherraine, Sharmayne, Rusty, Kevin, Darren, La- anything, De- anything, weirdly-placed apostrophe anything, using punctuation instead of a letter anything, any luxury brand, any type of liquor. And Lorraine again. Really, it's nasty. Lorraine is a cheap-ass, nasty, low-rent, no class name.

And for fucks sake since when did it become acceptable to name a child anything that sounds like a stripper, but not the nice kind, the sort with razor burn and a Caesarian scar. What fucking fuckery fucktard does this?

What, you got Mason, but missed Dixon?

OMG, though, seriously...this is hilarious, video and all. Didn't know you had it in you...and glad to see you do.
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

I once worked with a girl named Lisa. Except she pronounced it with a short i and long s, like Lissa. And anytime someone would misspell it in an email with the extra S, or pronounce it like you normally would Lisa, she would always correct them.

Chica, my love! So nice to see your bad self here today. I've missed you!

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by pole_smoker View Post
    Mason, Tyler, Taylor, Amber, Jasun, Aimee/Amee, Shane, Liam, Paige/Page, Jordan, Kelly/Kelli, Brooklyn, Jayden, Ethan, Aiden, Brantley, Britinee/Britney, Briann/Bree, Mortimer, Cody, Brandy/Brandi/Brandee, Heather, Channing, Chase, Brianna, Amber, Serena, Melody, Dakota, Sierra, Bambi, Crystal, Samantha, Autumn, Ruby, Taylor, Tara, Tammy, Lauren, Charlene, Chantelle, Courtney, Misty, Jenny, Krista, Mindy, Noel, Shelby, Trina, Reba, Cassandra, Nikki, Kelsey, Shawna, Jolene, Urleen, Claudia, Savannah, Casey, Dolly, Kendra, Kylie, Chloe, Devon, Emmalou, Becky, Jethro, Bubba, Krystal, TJ, Dwayne, Jermaine, Cheyenne, Chantal, Shania, Shakira, Charlize, Jessi, Dustin, Christi/Christee, Lennox, Maddox, Kingston, Jackson, Coco, Buddy, Cooper, Murphy, Harlee, Kati/Katelyn, Leighann, Dakota, Broden, Chuck, Earl, Sean, Ryland, Darryl, Jake, Bo, Norman, Caden, Quinn, Quim, Jamie, Lacee/Laci, Hudson, Devon/Devin, Gemma/Jemma, Hailey, Liam, Elijah, Levi, Dee, Nise/Nice/Neece, Cletus, Warren, and Madison.

And for fucks sake since when did it become acceptable to name a child anything that sounds like a stripper, but not the nice kind, the sort with razor burn and a Caesarian scar. What fucking fuckery fucktard parent does this?

Wont say I like all of the names u mention... a bit over half. Really like some, really loathe a few... Lorraine is a wonderful, often beautiful region of France bordering on Luxemburg. A very rich history, and the cross of Lorraine means so much historically 2 almost all French people. Several of the most beautiful women I have known were called Lorraine and stiĺl are and are anything but cheap.. it is a name some will like and some wont and women of all kinds are fortunate in my opinion to have it. We all think of things differently and names are no different.. I have always thought Lorraine to be one of the most beautiful girls names of all..)

And just what is a stripper name? I know a few, and pole dancers, several ladies of the night, some friends, some aquaintances... they have names like Elizabeth, Victoria, Charlotte, Margaret, Margot, Ann or Anne, Katherine (not my Kate just so u know) or Catherine, Mary, Marie and more.. all are names of modern and historical queens and princesses... a lot of ver posh peeps indeed have and do give their children the names of in ur view women employed in some very dubious professions... u do say the daftest things sometimes...
    Last edited by darkeyes; Apr 22, 2015 at 12:31 PM.
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

I was told that there's a famous Russian tennis player called Onya Backyubich, but am not quite sure about that.
    "You're like my yo-yo, that glowed in the dark. What made it special, made it dangerous. So I bury it, and forget.":Kate Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Gearbox View Post
    I was told that there's a famous Russian tennis player called Onya Backyubich, but am not quite sure about that.
    prob... but I do know a daft tart who was confused with her a few times in dim an' distant past... lots of Scots guys r a base lot wiv lickle or no finesse and the most crap chat up lines as well as the most "delicate and charming" way of asking women 2 lie wiv them. Not all by a long shot, but a goodly number...

I worked with a woman whose married name was 'Slutt'. Her 1st name began with 'A' and she signed all her paperwork and emails as "A. Slutt". She took a lot of ribbing about it, but said the ribbing and frequent smirks she got were not new to her because her maiden name had been 'Hoar'. She was a good sport and would joke about it herself, saying that she got tired of being a Hoar so she became a Slutt instead.

A kid I went to school with was named Q.Z. Smith. I, other classmates and even our teacher were continually asking him what the Q & Z stood for. He insisted that QZ was his given name and the Q and the Z stood for nothing. We didn't believe him and kept on prodding him to tell us. He finally got so tired of it, he brought in his birth certificate one day. Sure enough the name on it was "QZ Smith".

I used to work at a school. These were real names of children: Crucifix, True Love, One Love, Strange, Montana, Denzel Washington, Michael Jordan
    My friend worked at different school and had students named Coco-Cola and Tomato soup