Register

What does it take to get an article published here? DREW????????

Well, two e-mails to Drew have gone unanswered, so guess I'll try posting this in the forums.

I have a story I'd like to share here, if it's suitable for publishing in the Articles section. The suitability question comes in because unlike the other articles there, it's not an essay but a narrative, and is much longer -- 14,000 words, no less. It's a true story about how, last year in Jordan, I got my heart broken over a bi guy in an open marriage. This was the end of my trying to live hetero, but it was a while before I found new hope in polyamory, and the story ends with me in a state of despair over my sexuality.

It's completely unfictionalized, told as close to the truth as I know it; I will only change the names to protect the guilty. Besides the issues of being actively bi while married, the story touches on themes of determinism, spirituality, and the alienation of the Western traveler in the Arab world.

Would anyone like to read it? Is anyone in a position to kick Drew out of bed?
    Cheers
    Atiq

.................................................. .................................................. ........
    I'll decide between men and women the day you decide between food and oxygen.

Re: What does it take to get an article published here? DREW????????

I would love to read about your experience
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
    —A. A. Milne
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-aoXLZGY

Memoirs (if you will) are an open window into the writers heart and soul.
    I'd love to read it.

And Drew is so cute! Who would ever kick him out of bed??

Seriously speaking this is something Drew should do, not just to shake up the status quo, but to get the entire thing rolling. Were I you, I'd post it in the forums anyway and we can read it. If he wants to take it down or turn it into an article, he can do so.

Would be nice to read it. If you can't post it here, let me know if you can e-mail it to me, or if you have a blog posting of it somewhere (another option for you as far as sharing it goes).

Quote Originally Posted by by~his~side View Post
    .... And Drew is so cute! Who would ever kick him out of bed?? ...
    ....only because there's more room on the floor (was that from Stripes?)

Thanks for the interest, everyone. I've posted the story here and you can download it as a Word document from my web site. Would love to hear your feedback!

If they let one person publish an article then they will be flooded with them. I suspect that is why the lack of a reply. Probably litererotica is better suited for a lengthy story.

Quote Originally Posted by welickit View Post
    If they let one person publish an article then they will be flooded with them. I suspect that is why the lack of a reply. Probably litererotica is better suited for a lengthy story.
    We could use a bit of such a flood here. Have you not noticed how few articles have been posted here in recent years, or read all the complaints people have posted about that dearth?

Apparently there used to be semi-regular article writers here, but they got sick of getting flamed, and left. It was before my time here, I'm just repeating what I've read.

I sure would appreciate more lengthy and thoughtful pieces to discuss. Can't really sink my teeth into the polls on anal lubes and the like.
    Cheers
    Atiq

.................................................. .................................................. ........
    I'll decide between men and women the day you decide between food and oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by NotLostJustWandering View Post
    Apparently there used to be semi-regular article writers here, but they got sick of getting flamed, and left. It was before my time here, I'm just repeating what I've read.
    There did.. butya kno how it is.. ya say summat..ya get bollokked (or flamed as u put it so nicely)... anya get huffy an takeya ball away.. more 2 it than that but thats the essence of it..
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Yes, you are new here and trying to push something that hasn't worked before. You may not "get your teeth" into a poll but perhaps you should post one and see how many members support your idea. Most of us enjoy a story but going on forever doesn't belong on a thread.
    Be open minded and give a poll a try.

Quote Originally Posted by welickit View Post
    Yes, you are new here and trying to push something that hasn't worked before. You may not "get your teeth" into a poll but perhaps you should post one and see how many members support your idea. Most of us enjoy a story but going on forever doesn't belong on a thread.
    Be open minded and give a poll a try.

Wow - looks like someone needs a better anal lube, you might lighten up on Atiq then

Just because someone has only been on the site for a year and is "new" does not mean their opinions and concerns are less valid than those that have been on the site a long time. Further, just because someone has been on the site a long time, and is an old timer, does not give license to dictate what should or shouldn't be fair subject for a thread.

If you want to take a poll on eating your own cum, or what colour panties men should wear, fine. Me, i will pass on that. Don't want to read a long story in the forums ? Skip it. The point is, you can pick and choose what you want to read.

The point Atiq was making is that there seems less and less variety in the forums. Many of us welcome more variety as there is certainly a place for it.

It is worth noting that Atiq's initial question was not about posting his story in the forums, but in the articles section of the site. Yet many members are encouraging him to post his story in the forums - as a forum is a venue for sharing and discussion (and yes, taking a poll on the best anal plugs).

I find it interesting that you are extolling Atiq to be to be open minded. I hope you can be as well.