Register

Thread: Hurricane Rita

Hurricane Rita

Those of you that watch the new know that Tue. the news said that Rita was going to hit Texas Friday night and it MIGHT reach a cat. 4.....Today it had already become a cat. 5... They predict that Rita will hit Texas somewhere slightly south or almost right where I am located. They have called for a M.E. it will start here in about 4 1/2 hours at 6am. I'm not sure if my parents and I are leaving or staying here. If everything goes ok I will check in ASAP. I want to send my love out to all of you that have seen me through my problems, even if I was a bitch to you you never did me wrong, and to those of you that I don't even know too well...

Arana, Hyper, PR, Dæ, CMM, MIHH, AC, Michelle, Blu, Jazzy, Allbi, Frus, Lady (1 and 2), and if I have missed anyone I am truely sorry...

Love Y'all.....
    ...BG...

Hurricane Rita

I hope everything is ok and Rita doesn't hit you guys hard. Please keep us posted and I hope others in TX will do the same.

Hugs,
    Arana
    http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...7a7ac275b3.gif
    Hugs,
    Arana

Life is a strange thing...
    Just when you think you've learned how to use it, it's gone.....

Re: Hurricane Rita

Take care BG and our prayers go out to you and anyone else in the path of this new hurricane they call "Rita". It is a sad irony that many of the people who have fled from New Orleans to safety in Texas are once again in the path of another hurricane, potentially even worse than Katrina.
    Keep in touch and stay safe.
    Cheers Jazzer

Hey Sweetie, I know it is hard to leave your home in the wake of a storm evreytime. But in the wake of Katrina, I hope you do what you have to do to be safe not onlywhen it hits but in the aftermath. My prayers are with you and hope you can avoid any severe losses. Please contact us as soon as you can and let us know your safe. CMM

Hello bigirl
    i knew rita was headed your way, and you have been on my mind, and im sure i am not the only one that has been concerned for you, and others that are in that area too! we all wish you all the best of luck!!!!!
    i really wish there was something i could do or say to help you feel more secure in what is coming your way, but i cant and i feel so helpless

hugs and kisses
    m.in.heels&hose

ps. sorry i got this later than 6 am
    "No use in saying sorry! its something that i enjoy"
    as said by Ozzy Osbourne

Judge people by whats in their head, and NOT whats in their bed

BG,

Please be safe. Know that many people are praying for you and all of my fellow Texans that are in the path of Rita. BG, I do hope that you and your family evacuate. All my friends in that area have left. I pray you do the same.
    Please let us know you are safe as soon as possible. May peace and safety be with you and yours.

Take care and be safe!

Ladyd

Smile Re: Hurricane Rita

Hi Bg,I had thought of you sevral days ago. I hope you and your family will come far enough up north. The way they talk it can come inland as far as Austin. Please be carefull. Ihave family as far south as Ennis, I hope they are ok to.
    Please take care and be safe. I hope the best for my fellow texans,and anyone else effected buy rita. As i said before be safe and carefull my fellow texans.
    Charles,,,Tex...

Hi BG

I dont think we have met yet but I just wanted to wish you and your family all the best. I hope you and your family are safe and that you dont suffer any damage to home and possesions. My thoughts also go out to all the people in the path of the Hurricane I hope you all keep safe and well. *hugs*
    "It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance. It is the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance. It is the one who won't be taken who cannot seem to give. And the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live." Bette Midler

The Hurricane Rita situation looks scary. I'll be thinking of you BiGirl and all other members who live in southeastern Texas and southwestern Louisiana. Here's hoping that the storm sputters, or other circumstances combine so the damage/danger is not what it was with Katrina. We will all be thinking of you - touch base with us when you can.

- Drew

My prayers are with you and Texans as well. Hope Texas fairs better than New Orleans (hubby's home town) and folks head the warning to leave. Better to be safe than sorry, building can be rebuilt but family and loved ones are irreplaceable.

Julie

I wish the best for you and your family and all of your neighbors. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kate
    Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one."

C. S. Lewis

Best of luck to you and all other fellow texans.

Lisa

hugs n kisses

Take care and be safe. My prayers to you and your loved ones.
    Being bisexual doubles your chances for a date...

Codybear

SweetAmy

goood luck. If I were you I would get out. I have been watching these hurricans for the past 2 weeks and its terriable. I wish you lots of luck.

Amy

Good luck and please stay safe bigirl our thoughts and prayers will be with you and everyone else caught up in such a terrible situation.

Chook & Aussie Blonde

Hey y'all...

Well I'm still at home, and as far as I know this is where I am staying.
    Rita shifted and is now said to be hitting about 60 miles north of here, however, with the low that is above us it could still shift back and come in on top of here. Thank you all for your prayers and love... I will try and keep you posted with any new information.

-BG-

Hey BG & all y'all Texans,
    BE SAFE!!! I look forward to hearing that you are all safe & sound. As others have said, you can replace THINGS, but you cannot replace PEOPLE. So be safe! If that means evacuating, then evacuate!
    Hugs,
    Gayle
    To thine ownself be true! Your face is the one you will see in the mirror in the morning.
    Gayle

Hurricane Rita

BG if the hurricane comes, get off the roof, put down the cam and leave!!!

Becareful hon, and all the rest of you in the Texas and Louisiana area!

Hugs,
    Arana
    http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...7a7ac275b3.gif
    Hugs,
    Arana

Life is a strange thing...
    Just when you think you've learned how to use it, it's gone.....

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site. I've read through alot of the postings in the forum, and love it here.
    I hope BiGirl left.. I was surprised to hear from someone who stayed, and equally surprised at the lack of encouragement for her to leave. I think it was a very unwise decision. Hope all turns out okay and I just don't know what I'm talking about!

I hope that the predictions are correct and "Rita" passes you by - but whatever happens my thoughts are with you - for you and your families safety but also for your neighbourhood - the aftermath from these things seems pretty horrendous.

Love from London, UK
    Rupe
    Love conquers all