Register

Im sick to death with stupid dating sites and people on them..(a date ranting post)

I am sick of dating sites... my profile sounds MUCH better than most profiles on there which doesn't tell you much about the person.
    My profiles honest, tells you who I am, what I like to do and what kind of person I'll like to find.

Most dating sites have turned into a "seeking cyber or one night stands" only.
    Where are all the people that's looking for dating and relationships?!?!?!

Its so annoying too how some people read the hearing impairment bit and decide not to contact me.... WHATEVER HAPPENED TO getting to KNOW the person FIRST then judging if you can handle whatever disablity they have or not???

Ahhhhhhhh
    I can't even have a profile on the so called popluar deaf dating site cause theres horny creepy much older men on there, all the women seeking women profiles haven't been logged on for months. (the only other deaf dating site I know of is anti-same-gender searching)

Ummm and what the heck am I paying for on half of those sites out there anyway???? (Currently Im not paying for any right now.)

ANNNNNNNND WHY is is every time I get into a great converstation/emails with a girl where it seems like we're both getting along great suddenly for no reason at all STOPS REPLYING?!?!?! I reread my last emails to see if I said something wrong and no, I didn't say anything wrong.

Agh. I have no idea what Im doing anymore.
    BEFORE you tell me to just go out to clubs/bars.... There is a Lesbian/Gay/Bisexuals group but everyone in there are all couples and MUCH older and out of my age range. (over 45)
    Bars are very dangerous around here especially for a single girl by herself... you don't even want to be out alone at night and especially not downtown where all the druggies come out.

I know I should move... I do need to save money which I am doing.
    Its just a matter of WHERE.... and personally I'll rather move somewhere where I know someone. Friends I knew in Ontario are scattered all over the place so I couldn't just pick one location.

Why do the HECK do some sites claim to be THE BEST when nothing ever seems to happen on them?? lol No ones locally or every single ad your interested in is no good to reponse to cause the user hasn't logged on for months. *shakes head*

Im thinking of shutting down all my profiles on the 6 sites Im on. What use have they been??
    Yes I sound bitter today cause Im sick with a cold, my nose is a living water tap and its raw and sore..... I need something to complain to make me feel better.

Tasha
    Last edited by TashaSW; Apr 7, 2007 at 7:59 PM. Reason: Added stuff

Re: Im sick to death with stupid dating sites and people on them..(a date ranting pos

"Bitter"? Bitchy is more like it... j/k

Actually, it's nice to know women go through the same crap.

Delete the profiles? No, I have done that before, but due to the bar scene not being for me, they were soon back up as it is the only method I have of finding the needle in the haystack.

If you find out you are actually a guy and decide that Texas is where you need to move to, shoot me an email.

Hope your feeling better soon.

Re: Im sick to death with stupid dating sites and people on them..(a date ranting pos

Quote Originally Posted by dfwbi-cyclist
    "Bitter"? Bitchy is more like it... j/k

Actually, it's nice to know women go through the same crap.

Delete the profiles? No, I have done that before, but due to the bar scene not being for me, they were soon back up as it is the only method I have of finding the needle in the haystack.

If you find out you are actually a guy and decide that Texas is where you need to move to, shoot me an email.

Hope your feeling better soon.
    *looks in her panties* nope Im a girl Sorry Dfwbi. I have been to texas once tho for a week and it is nice there

True, I remember deleting 2 only to put them back up again weeks later cause I don't like the bar scene. (just not for me)
    I figured if someone leaves a message OR I really want to reply to a profile then it's worth paying for hehe but not all of them at once. no way. lol

I'll feel better soon.... thinking of having a hot bubble bath and umm read

Re: Im sick to death with stupid dating sites and people on them..(a date ranting post)

Quote Originally Posted by TashaSW
    ANNNNNNNND WHY is is every time I get into a great converstation/emails with a girl where it seems like we're both getting along great suddenly for no reason at all STOPS REPLYING?!?!?! Tasha
    Had the same experience, Tasha, it just seems to go with the sense of freedom that the Internet gives people. I think this is a case of 'gotta take the rough with the smooth' even if, some days, there seems to be little smooth involved....

Ummm why is it some of the things I say sound like they were typed by someone else? Im just rereading my post and the only thing I can think is "Ummm" *blinks*

Ummm why is it some of the things I say sound like they were typed by someone else? Im just rereading my post and the only thing I can think is "Ummm" *blinks*
    LOL! I know what you mean. Sometimes I read my stuff and think "Who the hell wrote THAT??"
    Never be bullied into silence;
    Never let yourself be made a victim;
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define yourself.

Re: Im sick to death with stupid dating sites and people on them..(a date ranting post)

Yeah, disclosure is tricky. I still can't get it right. In the mental health circles everybody is so damn obsessed with looking or even becoming "normal" that minority cultures get stomped on. In "normal" circles nobody has ever heard of disability. They assume everybody's got everything working. (to hyperbolize)

Tasha SW wrote:
    "Its so annoying too how some people read the hearing impairment bit and decide not to contact me.... WHATEVER HAPPENED TO getting to KNOW the person FIRST then judging if you can handle whatever disablity they have or not???"
    Love = some Passion + some Intimacy + some Commitment
    There is...more than one kind of love.

Quote Originally Posted by biwords
    Had the same experience, Tasha, it just seems to go with the sense of freedom that the Internet gives people. I think this is a case of 'gotta take the rough with the smooth' even if, some days, there seems to be little smooth involved....
    I think it's as biwords has said. It's just the nature of the internet. You have to learn to not take it personally, otherwise you'll make yourself crazy.
    I cannot sleep in your presence. In your absence, tears prevent me. You watch me My Beloved on each sleepless night and only You can see the difference. ~~Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by SweetBlackAngel
    I think it's as biwords has said. It's just the nature of the internet. You have to learn to not take it personally, otherwise you'll make yourself crazy.
    I was thinking.
    I perfer meeting people better on message boards or chat forums. I feel you get a REAL FEEL of who the person is that way.

I can't help it when I take things personally.... I do this in real life too lol But you are not the only person to say that.

Tashasw:: I think your right about alot with disabilities, people seem to shy away from that, thinking how will we communicate ????Very sad!! I think if the chemistry is there you would be able to work around it or learn sign.As for bar scenes it is very dangerous especially for a single woman.I admit tho its just as hard to find a single female who wants a couple. We have been on a few sites ourselves and have found what you have, lots of pervs or no-one looking for something serious. example as you said cyber sex or one night stands or my personal favorite trying you out because they've never experienced it before leaving you feeling used; I have left those sites and come to this one and found many understading people who I can say are my friends and will continue to look .Being bisexual looking for the same is just as hard just keep your chin up , keep chatting and before you know it she'll turn up. Don't give up yet. Above all have fun and meet all those intellecually funny people in here. Good Luck dear.
    Hopeless Romantic[" Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away".... "Hilary Cooper"

Quote Originally Posted by mouse46
    Tashasw:: I think your right about alot with disabilities, people seem to shy away from that, thinking how will we communicate ????Very sad!! I think if the chemistry is there you would be able to work around it or learn sign.As for bar scenes it is very dangerous especially for a single woman.I admit tho its just as hard to find a single female who wants a couple. We have been on a few sites ourselves and have found what you have, lots of pervs or no-one looking for something serious. example as you said cyber sex or one night stands or my personal favorite trying you out because they've never experienced it before leaving you feeling used; I have left those sites and come to this one and found many understading people who I can say are my friends and will continue to look .Being bisexual looking for the same is just as hard just keep your chin up , keep chatting and before you know it she'll turn up. Don't give up yet. Above all have fun and meet all those intellecually funny people in here. Good Luck dear.
    Ya, I did have in my ads I can hear with the cochlear implant and I can speak well. Im shy so Im not easy to understand at first (Cleft Plate doesn't help) but if someone really wants to, they seem to learn to understand me anyway which gets easier after awhile. (Depends tho.... some people have no problem understanding me.)
    Oh well.

I think the one that bothers me the most are the people who's profiles you DO like... you both have tons in common....
    Email and chats are going great then out of the blue they JUST STOP talking to you and your like "What did I do wrong??" but you never hear from them again and you know they have been on recently cause thier profile says "last login........"

Tasha

I was thinking.
    I perfer meeting people better on message boards or chat forums. I feel you get a REAL FEEL of who the person is that way.

I can't help it when I take things personally.... I do this in real life too lol But you are not the only person to say that.
    Well, I agree with you about messageboards. I find that's a great way to get to know the "regulars." And if you see someone who seems interesting, there's your opportunity to chat with them. That can be really fun.

Dating sites seem to have that "people-shopping" vibe. Not so much fun if you like a slower pace. The whole internet thing can be put in its proper perspective, I find, if you have folks "in real life" that you can hang with.

I hear ya, though. Meeting people can be very challenging.
    I cannot sleep in your presence. In your absence, tears prevent me. You watch me My Beloved on each sleepless night and only You can see the difference. ~~Rumi

Tasha--while I think its true in general and perhaps even more so when trying to find someone of the same gender to date or have a relationship with--the reason they dissappear has nothing to do with you but with their own things going on in their lives--
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetBlackAngel
    Well, I agree with you about messageboards. I find that's a great way to get to know the "regulars." And if you see someone who seems interesting, there's your opportunity to chat with them. That can be really fun.

Dating sites seem to have that "people-shopping" vibe. Not so much fun if you like a slower pace. The whole internet thing can be put in its proper perspective, I find, if you have folks "in real life" that you can hang with.

I hear ya, though. Meeting people can be very challenging.
    Yep
    I do chat with those Im interested in But I love to chat with everyone tho. You just never know.

Tasha, sometimes you just have to be aggressive about what you want.

It sounds like you are creating profiles and sitting back waiting on a nibble or two, like a fisherman on the riverside. I like the hand grenade method. hit up all of the profiles that match what you are looking for (but also are looking for what you have to offer) and see who responds.

We have belonged to a few different sites and groups that are for hooking up for play and relationships, but only a couple have done any good for us. Most of the problem is just what you have said; too many creeps running around looking for one-nighters and cyber. It is hard to sort through the junk profiles, but keep plugging away. Like a good relationship, these things take time.

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC...

You know Tash.... as far as I am concerned, you 'hear' and 'see' and 'feel' probably better than most of us. Love your honest approach to postings and your openess at responses.

<--- calling attention to Tasha's threads

Your friend,
    AstroGlide
    Too many idiots, not enough villages....

i've never had any success on dating sites. most people on there lie about who they are just to impress people and to try to get dates. others, as you say, seem to be just lurking around for sexual encounters and not really interested in anything serious.