Register

Thread: New Princess

New Princess

I'm not sure how many British people are still on this site but I wonder if you have any reaction to the birth of a girl for Prince William and Kate?

On our television, there are people with British flag clothing popping champagne and the speaker (forget his label title). They look funny with these flag clothes on. Tell me that is not rampant all over London let alone England. What say you our Scottish reporter? Is there a Welsh reporter still here?

I suspect Canadian reaction will be minor but we still have Royalists..lol

Re: New Princess

Quote Originally Posted by tenni View Post
    I'm not sure how many British people are still on this site but I wonder if you have any reaction to the birth of a girl for Prince William and Kate?

On our television, there are people with British flag clothing popping champagne and the speaker (forget his label title). They look funny with these flag clothes on. Tell me that is not rampant all over London let alone England. What say you our Scottish reporter? Is there a Welsh reporter still here?

I suspect Canadian reaction will be minor but we still have Royalists..lol
    ...and remain a monarchy.. for the moment..

The usual over the top mush reaction throughout the UK whipped up by the media about the birth of a child who will kno little but wealth and privilege and will grow to believe herself better than any of (assuming Great-Gran eventually dus pop her clogs) Grampa Chuck's subjects and indeed the subjects of ne other monarch, and prob the monarch too for matter, and serpently wivout doubt citizens of republics and their common as muck Pres's...

...or wiv luck, the monarchy will fall, privilege will die and she will grow up to be a nice lass working in a bakery or some such decent work..

I kno wer my money lies... but still live in hope...ne way, soon anotha babba girl will b born of this earth who will defo b luffly, down 2 earth and not at all snobby or nobby, and I hope and trust her generation will finally see off that bunch of crass ninnies, the Windsors, and replace them wiv summat democratic and decent if mine and the other 3rd or so of the population who dream of a republic ain't up 2 the task... So I wish ger nowt but gud... gainfully employed doing summat decent as just an ordinary girl such as me own shall grow up 2 b I hope......
    Last edited by darkeyes; May 3, 2015 at 5:21 AM.
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Re: New Princess

An odd bit of British constitutional law that I read something about last year: when George II signed over the Crown Estate to the government, the royal family never gave up ownership of the king's lands but only the income (now about $200 million per year). Apparently the Windsors would be within their legal rights to say we resign as the royal family, now we want our $200 million a year back.