Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bi God!

Re: Bi God!

Samantha Indeed a wonderful Article ! I must agree with Samantha & Olderboldguy, this is an extraordinary article. Not only is it well written, but it has passion and feeling. Religion and mythology aside, however, only those who have experienced a full and rich life of bi-sexuality can understand the wonders of such sexual breadth. It indeed would be a much better world if we were all more open to sexual freedom -- not promiscuity, but true sexual freedom. Thanks so much. Olderboldguy! Thanks So Much !

Namastae
    Tantrae

SWFla MM

This is a wonderfully written article. Thank you so much for your enlightment and for the awesome trip through history.....

It was a great article that made me think about the Christian beliefs I hold. . . Ironically enough, I do feel closer to God now than before after figuring out that religon/relationship with the Diety is something humans clutter up so much that was meant to be pure.

*Taylor*
    You can't change the way I am. . .are you strong enough to be my man?
    --Sheryl Crow

Protect your unicorn!!

Pssst! There's naked men ------------->Here!

آزادی راست کاملاموجودات ذی شعوراست

Thank you. . .

This one is a great article and fun to read. I don't know what to say.

It's true. All religions I've ever found other than Christianity, Judaism, and Islam (and most forms of Buddhism)

DO worship or have worshiped in the past an androgenous god who is bisexual, and takes on forms that are male only, female only, or both male and female at any given time.

This idea of God as Male and being hetero-normative is a recent one...about 2600 years old.

(yes, before Jesus's historical lifetime)

Thank you the article. Interesting stuff.

In addition one scholar, John Boswell, discovered a “Same sex Union” rite performed by the Roman Catholic church. I believe these were widely practiced before the "reforms" of the 11th century (this was also when the papacy legislated celibacy for its priests). Another source, whose name escapes me, argued that the ceremony was to commemorate the intimacy between Jesus and his disciple Peter.

The idea of intimate relationship between Jesus and Peter is not illogical to me. The Levant of the time was firmly in the grip of Roman rule and Hellenic culture, both of which allowed male homosexuality in various forms. The ancient Greeks even practiced cross dressing in coming of age ceremonies for both boys and girls.

More food for thought... Thanks again for the article.

Thumbs up Re: Bi God!

wow -thanks - i love the article :
    lot's of information and interesting too maby thats why i chose pan as my deity , were both bisexual,both misunderstood, both always horney and creatures of nature.
    peace and blessings >

Smile Re: Bi God!

well said sam...like the bit about those horny greeks...bisexuality is fun in the sun even on a rainy day...got any more girl?...sixthickcut

yeah she is really gorgeous...

CAD as a career counts into a suite. The curve behaves within CAD as a career. CAD as a career suits a nick. The juice fries the cleared cliff. Past CAD as a career peers the giant.

hotwomen

This was a very good article but while there may be exceptions, in all the pantheons of supreme divinities, there is still an overwhelming presentation of a monotheistic belief in god (in the form of a male or female), a dualistic godhead (male and female) or a triune omnipresence (anima, animus and conceptual) within all human cultures.

This is an educating article on the aspects of both male and female qualities in relation to divinity. Interesting reading. I hope to read other equally insightful articles here at http://www.bisexual.com

One thing about my own Deism is that there isn't anything against homo or bisexuality. Since it occurs in nature, it appears to be quite normal for someone to have an orientation that is not hetro. Deism is about following "Nature's God" and using our own reason to understand the Creator and the universe. Looking towards nature, if this was so abhorrent, we wouldn't see it in humans and other species. Our world is open to amazing variation with us and other species.

Sometimes it bugs me when people try to change a religion to ft them--if the religion doesn't fit you beliefs, you should try to find something that makes sense to you and doesn't condemn what is really "normal" behavior. Needing to change a belief shows a flaw in that system.

addendum:

Here's an interesting article on bisexuality in nature: http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...sexual-species
    Last edited by smokindeist; Oct 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM.

I don't know if you've ever read 'Radical Love: An Introduction to Queer Theology' by Patrick S Cheng, but your essay (which was wonderful) reminded me of the following passage from that book. I don't identify as a Christian, by the way, and I'm not trying to proselytize. Your thought on the bisexual/trans nature of spirituality just made me think of this passage: " Mary with her crying infant is a perfect figure for queer theology. She is a virgin who yet gives birth; a mother for whom there is no father other than the one she comes to see in her son. And her son, when grown into the Christ of faith and heart, in turn gives birth to her, to the ecclesia he feeds, with his blood as once he was fed with her milk. And then this son takes her—his mother and child—as his bride and queen, so that we can hardly say who comes from whom, who lives in whom, or how we have come to find our own bodies remade in Christ’s: fed with his flesh which is also Mary’s."
    Cheng, Patrick S. (2011-03-01). Radical Love: An Introduction to Queer Theology (p. 92). Seabury Books. Kindle Edition.

I have to add another note on my previous post. I believe that the Creator created the laws of nature and set this universe in motion. I am also open to the idea that the Creator may have subtly tweaked things as needed, but proving this may be impossible. For a Deist, the only true word of the Creator is all of Creation itself. By looking at the world around us and studying it, we try to infer what we can about the Creator. I'm very pro-science and I think evolution is a fantastic mechanism that is backed up by scientific data. Science is the lens that we view the universe.

For me, I feel close to the Creator when I'm exposed to natural surroundings, when I look at the stars out in the country, and when I yell into a horizontal-falling rainstorm at the South Jetty on the Columbia River. That is where I feel like I'm in "church", in communion with the Creator. There are never words, only wonder.

Perhaps I should start a Deism thread for those interested. Either that or convince you to read Thomas Paine's The Age of Reason. lol I do have to admit that I'm really getting into some of the classical literature right now, but this is not a difficult read. The English of the late 1700's is pretty close to what we're speaking today.